[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers, Rogers Arena, Dec 28, 7PM PST - the *snort* *wheeze* *too much turkey* LET'S PLUCK the FLYERS' Wings Game

Rocket-68

Santa is Bringing Late Presents  

90 members have voted

1. 1. There is one more trade on the immediate horizon, this is what PA / JR will do in January getting a jump on the TDL

• Fire the Angry Elf out of a cannon to clear cap space - (Author: my thought / not yours necessarily is Podz will be given a chance to bash and crash)
    • Are you high, Elf stays, now Kuzy will be showcased and will become a human cannon ball in January ... gotta give up to step up
    • Nothing, January will be for seeing if the club trajectory stays the course.
    • Sadly, with Carson Soucy coming back in a few weeks the cap casualty will be Ian Cole given others have really come into their own on D - (Author: this is a pipe dream I know)
    • None of the above, wow the egg nogg is really hitting you hard ... see my thoughts on the next 4 weeks in comments below.
  2. 2. in honor of AatuD2, select from below for Lotto Max Tickets. If we hit, all that voted here (in poll #2) will get stuffed into a box suite and receive massive check as a share of the prize. I have picked 4 numbers already. Will post ticket in PGT.

• Yes, exciting but I don't want to watch a Canucks game while you give me a check so I am out. Note: First time to make voters public for obvious reason.

6 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

The rumour states that Chicago has cap space and will be willing to pay Petey whatever he wants. The other part of the rumour is that he wants to play with Bedard. I’m not spreading anything lol. Just relaying something that I read. I am not a Pettersson hater, but for someone who wants McDavid money, as a fan, I’m allowed to be critical of a players performance when he’s commanding that type of money. Just relax bro. 

Chi can offer sheet him if they feel he's worth 4 1sts. And we can reciprocate.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Oh, thanks for reminding me!

I bought Christmas booze. I don't really drink (at all) but mostly because I'm alone and when I'm out I drive, so being responsible and all.

But I have in my fridge right now: red wine, white wine, BaileysTiramisu and peach cider. It's on, folks.

Party at Deb's!!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

The rumour states that Chicago has cap space and will be willing to pay Petey whatever he wants. The other part of the rumour is that he wants to play with Bedard. I’m not spreading anything lol. Just relaying something that I read. I am not a Pettersson hater, but for someone who wants McDavid money, as a fan, I’m allowed to be critical of a players performance when he’s commanding that type of money. Just relax bro. 

No way in hell they are getting Petey without giving up Bedard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Complete Bullsh*t.

Swedes, (and Pettersson) love playing in Vancouver, Chicago not so much.

Look at the list of top tier Swedes who have played in Vancouver:

Gradin, Sundin, Ohlund, Naslund, Sedins, etc.

Now look at the list of top tier Swedes who have played for Chicago...  none.

Plus why would Petey want to go to a bottom feeding team and start all over again... and have to play with Beauvillier?

No in fact you are one of the Pettersson haters, and you are spreading cr*p rumours again.

Maybe EP really misses Dickinson and wants to reunite? Lol 

Edited by Rekker
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Chi can offer sheet him if they feel he's worth 4 1sts. And we can reciprocate.

Chicago can just offer sheet 1 year at the 8.5 where it only cost 1st 2nd and 3rd. The Canucks will either have to match it and that will walk ep to ufa or they will have to take the 1st 2nd and 3rd which would be a massive L if EP intends to go chi to play with bedard and Chicago is willing to pay him whatever he wants. Chicago either gets him for 8.5 and then re-sign him to whatever or gets him as a ufa for whatever he wants. Vancouver if matched is pretty much screwed unless they manage to sign him long term prior to him hitting ufa as he’s not eligible to be traded for 1 year if the Canucks matched offer sheet. I think rfa can be contacted for contract negotiation and Chicago will probably table that to EP if they really want him.. we will make an offer sheet for u at 8.5 and then sign u to xxx amount afterward either this or next season depending on what the Canucks do. 

Edited by wai_lai416

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Chicago can just offer sheet 1 year at the 8.5 where it only cost 1st 2nd and 3rd. The Canucks will either have to match it and that will walk ep to ufa or they will have to take the 1st 2nd and 3rd which would be a massive L if EP intends to go chi to play with bedard and Chicago is willing to pay him whatever he wants. Chicago either gets him for 8.5 and then re-sign him to whatever or gets him as a ufa for whatever he wants. Vancouver if matched is pretty much screwed unless they manage to sign him long term prior to him hitting ufa as he’s not eligible to be traded for 1 year if the Canucks matched offer sheet

Except it's all bullshit and people who now want to strike while the Vancouver iron's hot and jump on board the train in order to be noticed are chiming in with ridiculous crap. Rumor boyz? Who the f are they? Oh I see...they have 0 comments and 81 likes on YouTube. Legit.

Petey ain't going anywhere. Chicago can take a flying leap through a rolling donut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Chicago can just offer sheet 1 year at the 8.5 where it only cost 1st 2nd and 3rd. The Canucks will either have to match it and that will walk ep to ufa or they will have to take the 1st 2nd and 3rd which would be a massive L if EP intends to go chi to play with bedard and Chicago is willing to pay him whatever he wants. Chicago either gets him for 8.5 and then re-sign him to whatever or gets him as a ufa for whatever he wants. Vancouver if matched is pretty much screwed unless they manage to sign him long term prior to him hitting ufa as he’s not eligible to be traded for 1 year if the Canucks matched offer sheet

That would be opposite of what he is singing around.He said ,he want to win.There is no wining team in Chicago next few years

Edited by Lemon Face

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Except it's all bullshit and people who now want to strike while the Vancouver iron's hot and jump on board the train in order to be noticed are chiming in with ridiculous crap. Rumor boyz? Who the f are they? Two 12 years in Mom's basement?

Petey ain't going anywhere. Chicago can take a flying leap through a rolling donut.

Yes it’s probably bs.. but that scenario is out there maybe not from Chicago.. but literally from any team. If ep isn’t happy with negotiation.. and a team toss him 8.5 for 1 year he accepts he’s guaranteed ufa status without worry about being traded 

7 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Thank you for your feedback, however, I note the following:

"51 (and counting) prosthodontists out of 54 appreciate a good poll"

Click here for definition if needed

As I aim to please when I can, will take your note under advisement and also ask you to please go to the GDT thread and sign up for a game. Invite your friends to do the same. I for one, along with everyone here (pretty sure anyway), would appreciate a wide variety of GDT interpretations - we all have different tastes.

Not kidding, I would really like to see your GDT in the future and cheers/like/elephant/etc. whatever you produce as we are all part of the same community - CANUCK FANS. 

You have set the word count way too high for the GDTs, I feel like I'll get an F with my effort! 

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

Yes it’s probably bs.. but that scenario is out there maybe not from Chicago.. but literally from any team. If ep isn’t happy with negotiation.. and a team toss him 8.5 for 1 year he accepts he’s guaranteed ufa status without worry about being traded 

What they do if we offer sheet Bedard down the road.

2 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Who cares about 1st in december. Cute little sticker. I want us to be a championship caliber team. Tocchet has work to do, hope he does.

What work? 

We're first in the league. Our roster is probably 7th-10th best in the league. 

I think we're overachieving. 

1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

That would be opposite of what he is singing around.He said ,he want to win.There is no wining team in Chicago next few years

Who knows bedard and ep can attract a lot of ufa.. New Jersey went from bottom feeding and all of a sudden near the top of the league last season.. they have lots of cap space and trade assets to buy a relatively decent team if they choose to

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

Who knows bedard and ep can attract a lot of ufa.. New Jersey went from bottom feeding and all of a sudden near the top of the league last season.. they have lots of cap space and trade assets to buy a relatively decent team if they choose to

Petey ain't going anywhere. Bank on it.