[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers, Rogers Arena, Dec 28, 7PM PST - the *snort* *wheeze* *too much turkey* LET'S PLUCK the FLYERS' Wings Game

Rocket-68

Santa is Bringing Late Presents  

90 members have voted

1. 1. There is one more trade on the immediate horizon, this is what PA / JR will do in January getting a jump on the TDL

• Fire the Angry Elf out of a cannon to clear cap space - (Author: my thought / not yours necessarily is Podz will be given a chance to bash and crash)
    • Are you high, Elf stays, now Kuzy will be showcased and will become a human cannon ball in January ... gotta give up to step up
    • Nothing, January will be for seeing if the club trajectory stays the course.
    • Sadly, with Carson Soucy coming back in a few weeks the cap casualty will be Ian Cole given others have really come into their own on D - (Author: this is a pipe dream I know)
    • None of the above, wow the egg nogg is really hitting you hard ... see my thoughts on the next 4 weeks in comments below.
  2. 2. in honor of AatuD2, select from below for Lotto Max Tickets. If we hit, all that voted here (in poll #2) will get stuffed into a box suite and receive massive check as a share of the prize. I have picked 4 numbers already. Will post ticket in PGT.

• Yes, exciting but I don't want to watch a Canucks game while you give me a check so I am out. Note: First time to make voters public for obvious reason.

20 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

My late Dad had movie camera reels of a couple of Canuck, Flyers games that really got ugly.  Maybe you've heard the stories of the broad street

bullies going up into the stands at the Coliseum whacking the screaming fans with their sticks....This isn't it; 

after the last game and the hit on Petey when nobody did anything, we are heading for a rockem sockem game. Miss don cherry.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

My late Dad had movie camera reels of a couple of Canuck, Flyers games that really got ugly.  Maybe you've heard the stories of the broad street

bullies going up into the stands at the Coliseum whacking the screaming fans with their sticks....This isn't it; 

I was at that game with my late Dad. We were sitting at the north end of the Coliseum and the Flyers went over the glass inside the far west side blueline. There was also a disputed Flyers goal and I remember the Philly goalie (don't recall if it was Parent or Favell) skating all the way down the ice and slamming his stick on the glass in front of the goal judge. Incredibly, nothing happened to him as a result. It was Looney Tunes.

Edit: I did some digging and that game was played December 20, 1973. Final score 9-3 for Philly. All hell broke loose at 13:01 of the second period and I distinctly remember two or three Flyers climbing the glass to get at the spectators. 

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

In case nobody remembers, it was Nicolas Deslauriers who hit Petey. So zads, he is on your side. But of course Jewels you are more than welcome to go show that up.

No one had any response to this guy, who is a forward with 0 points this whole friggin season. I actually think thats when Petey started to not play well.

THIS COULD FIX PETEY?????? 

Jewels, Hate to say it but your the cheapest big guy. Go take this guy out with everyone watching so no other team does this to our Petey.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Tocc just needs to put the 4th line out for puck drop. 

Big Zeke at center, Myers on left wing, Donald Brashear on right wing (one game contract) and Foote on D ... that should pop Torts head clear off his shoulders

In all seriousness, yes start the 4th line with Zeke and the Giraffe on D.

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

In case nobody remembers, it was Nicolas Deslauriers who hit Petey. So zads, he is on your side. But of course Jewels you are more than welcome to go show that up.

No one had any response to this guy, who is a forward with 0 points this whole friggin season. I actually think thats when Petey started to not play well.

THIS COULD FIX PETEY?????? 

Jewels, Hate to say it but your the cheapest big guy. Go take this guy out with everyone watching so no other team does this to our Petey.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

if anything it gives us more depth right? 

If Jewels has to go take out Nicolas Deslauriers tomorrow and gets 10 games or something we need Soucy. But Soucy was on the ice for that hit and did nothing.

37 minutes ago, Tusk said:

When I saw this hit I wanted us to pick up Zack Macewan off Ottawa on waivers if nothing else to have a guy to respond. Even if he gets 10 game misconducts. Zack would have taken this guy OUT.

Unfortunately, Macewan would have just emabarrased himself.  But at least he would have tried.

• ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Tusk said:

If Jewels has to go take out Nicolas Deslauriers tomorrow and gets 10 games or something we need Soucy. But Soucy was on the ice for that hit and did nothing.

If Soucy keeps getting injured just from falls of the wagon wheel and broken fingernails he is not really the defensman we need. And he is getting paid too muck as a barbie player. He looks tough. Sure. But I have seen way more out of Jewels and Woo as far as sticking up for your team, on contracts under a mil. So if we get Soucy back he better have had some NHB training or some kinda kick ass shit box traing because thats what we need from him. NOW. 

• Cheers 1