[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers, Rogers Arena, Dec 28, 7PM PST - the *snort* *wheeze* *too much turkey* LET'S PLUCK the FLYERS' Wings Game

Rocket-68

Santa is Bringing Late Presents  

90 members have voted

1. 1. There is one more trade on the immediate horizon, this is what PA / JR will do in January getting a jump on the TDL

• Fire the Angry Elf out of a cannon to clear cap space - (Author: my thought / not yours necessarily is Podz will be given a chance to bash and crash)
    • Are you high, Elf stays, now Kuzy will be showcased and will become a human cannon ball in January ... gotta give up to step up
    • Nothing, January will be for seeing if the club trajectory stays the course.
    • Sadly, with Carson Soucy coming back in a few weeks the cap casualty will be Ian Cole given others have really come into their own on D - (Author: this is a pipe dream I know)
    • None of the above, wow the egg nogg is really hitting you hard ... see my thoughts on the next 4 weeks in comments below.
  2. 2. in honor of AatuD2, select from below for Lotto Max Tickets. If we hit, all that voted here (in poll #2) will get stuffed into a box suite and receive massive check as a share of the prize. I have picked 4 numbers already. Will post ticket in PGT.

• Yes, exciting but I don't want to watch a Canucks game while you give me a check so I am out. Note: First time to make voters public for obvious reason.

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Stfu man you’re always over negative about everything despite this game is literally 3 whiffs on open nets and a couple unlucky bounces away from being 3-0 us

No. It’s just reality. Not my problem you can’t handle it. Just ignore me. No one is asking you to respond. lol. Take a chill pill.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

They'll need a quick one

I don't think philly has been great, we're just playing into their game. Some more offensive adjustments and we'd be fine. Too many outside shots. Need to unleash some spins and skill and i see us tying it up. Just a matter of adjustments. Not easy, but possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, OldFaithfulcap said:

I don't think philly has been great, we're just playing into their game. Some more offensive adjustments and we'd be fine. Too many outside shots. Need to unleash some spins and skill and i see us tying it up. Just a matter of adjustments. Not easy, but possible.

Boeser had a wide open shot and passed it fks

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

No. It’s just reality. Not my problem you can’t handle it. Just ignore me. No one is asking you to respond. lol. Take a chill pill.

No it isn't fucking reality. We LEAD the league and you were crying the whole way to #1 spot. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The dwfence didnt show up tonight. 

The lack of puck moving D is on case tonight. 

Juulsen, Myers, Cole, and Zadorov having mightily tough games. Thry cant move the puck out efficiently. 

Juulsen had the one boneheaded play at the offensive blue line where he lost the puck, but he's been okay otherwise at moving the puck.  

Zadorov has been fighting the puck all game long.  

I'm not very impressed with our forwards.  They can't accept a pass in stride to save their lives today.  So much standing around and waiting for the teammate to do something.  

Look at the Flyers' second goal.  Hoglander is battling a Flyer in the corner and he's got the body control.  Then the second Flyer comes in to battle and it's a 50/50 battle with Boeser standing 10 feet away and just watching and waiting.  Hoglander loses the battle, the puck goes the other way and it's in our net. 

Just now, van_can_fan said:

Be nice to see Petey show up in a game like this 

Seems like he mostly scores when the team is flying.  For 10m he should be able to put everyone else on his back 

I actually think he's been one of the few fwds with any jump

7 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The dwfence didnt show up tonight. 

The lack of puck moving D is on case tonight. 

Juulsen, Myers, Cole, and Zadorov having mightily tough games. Thry cant move the puck out efficiently. 

Even QH and Hronek don't look particularly sharp or have a jump.  

See if they can play their best hockey tonight in the third.  

Break the shutout early and grind it out.  

Need some @Apricot chants. 

First goal was simply 'seeing eye' fluke...  goalie completely screened.

2nd goal was poor defensive coverage... Blueger should have taken the 3rd man when the first two were covered, but he let him walk in unimpeded.

3rd goal was Big Z being too aggressive, no one to back him up and he tries to stick handle through two Flyers.

Except for the first goal, all preventable with normal standards of play.

Canucks had plenty of chances to score, Pettersson line was sniffing around all night, and the PP had chances, but every time someone got the puck on their stick with a clear shot, they flubbed it.

Maybe too much Xmas Eggnog?  Who knows... but timing off.