[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers, Rogers Arena, Dec 28, 7PM PST - the *snort* *wheeze* *too much turkey* LET'S PLUCK the FLYERS' Wings Game

Rocket-68

Santa is Bringing Late Presents  

90 members have voted

1. 1. There is one more trade on the immediate horizon, this is what PA / JR will do in January getting a jump on the TDL

• Fire the Angry Elf out of a cannon to clear cap space - (Author: my thought / not yours necessarily is Podz will be given a chance to bash and crash)
    • Are you high, Elf stays, now Kuzy will be showcased and will become a human cannon ball in January ... gotta give up to step up
    • Nothing, January will be for seeing if the club trajectory stays the course.
    • Sadly, with Carson Soucy coming back in a few weeks the cap casualty will be Ian Cole given others have really come into their own on D - (Author: this is a pipe dream I know)
    • None of the above, wow the egg nogg is really hitting you hard ... see my thoughts on the next 4 weeks in comments below.
  2. 2. in honor of AatuD2, select from below for Lotto Max Tickets. If we hit, all that voted here (in poll #2) will get stuffed into a box suite and receive massive check as a share of the prize. I have picked 4 numbers already. Will post ticket in PGT.

• Yes, exciting but I don't want to watch a Canucks game while you give me a check so I am out. Note: First time to make voters public for obvious reason.

1 minute ago, YourHuckleberry said:

I understand the anxious sentiments in this thread - expectations for this team are higher now that they’ve shown they can compete in this league and it’s tough to go down three against a tight checking team. If you’re going to let this game kill your mood though, you might as well shut the game off and take a break for your own well being. However, if you keep believing, there might just be some magic - and isn’t that why we watch?

Yeah, I enjoy watching the games even when we're down to see who's responding and who's mailing it in.  

JT Miller looks pissed and will probably get into a fight in the 3rd period.  He's lost a large majority of faceoffs and puck battles, just not having a good day.  

Petey's line has looked decent.  

If we don't get a goal in the first 10 minutes, I hope that we rest Quinn and Hronek and give the rest of the guys more ice time. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, van_can_fan said:

Be nice to see Petey show up in a game like this 

Seems like he mostly scores when the team is flying.  For 10m he should be able to put everyone else on his back 

Actually he has made a couple good plays that in previous games would have likely resulted in goals... but Canuck shooters are not on the ball.

His line has been the best for the team... but not finishing.

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

No. It’s just reality. Not my problem you can’t handle it. Just ignore me. No one is asking you to respond. lol. Take a chill pill.

No, literally all you do is whine like a fragile loose cannon while ironically whining about how fragile the team supposedly is. You're more fragile than the Willie Desjardins era Canucks. 

• Haha 3

Was worried this might happen after the break.  The team is still the same team, but some of that momentum has faded.  Gonna take a bit to get going again I think.  Good thing SJ is next.  Should help right the ship... and then Soucy comes back for another boost and we should be rolling again.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

No it isn't fucking reality. We LEAD the league and you were crying the whole way to #1 spot. 

Well that’s simply not true, you just choose the negative ones to comment about. Again not my issue. This is very true. I also know you need to learn self control before you make comments. Your point is getting any clearer because you are raging. Calm down.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82