[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers, Rogers Arena, Dec 28, 7PM PST - the *snort* *wheeze* *too much turkey* LET'S PLUCK the FLYERS' Wings Game

Rocket-68

Santa is Bringing Late Presents  

90 members have voted

1. 1. There is one more trade on the immediate horizon, this is what PA / JR will do in January getting a jump on the TDL

• Fire the Angry Elf out of a cannon to clear cap space - (Author: my thought / not yours necessarily is Podz will be given a chance to bash and crash)
    • Are you high, Elf stays, now Kuzy will be showcased and will become a human cannon ball in January ... gotta give up to step up
    • Nothing, January will be for seeing if the club trajectory stays the course.
    • Sadly, with Carson Soucy coming back in a few weeks the cap casualty will be Ian Cole given others have really come into their own on D - (Author: this is a pipe dream I know)
    • None of the above, wow the egg nogg is really hitting you hard ... see my thoughts on the next 4 weeks in comments below.
  2. 2. in honor of AatuD2, select from below for Lotto Max Tickets. If we hit, all that voted here (in poll #2) will get stuffed into a box suite and receive massive check as a share of the prize. I have picked 4 numbers already. Will post ticket in PGT.

• Yes, exciting but I don't want to watch a Canucks game while you give me a check so I am out. Note: First time to make voters public for obvious reason.

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Actually he has made a couple good plays that in previous games would have likely resulted in goals... but Canuck shooters are not on the ball.

His line has been the best for the team... but not finishing.

Id like to see him finish a little more often 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, literally all you do is whine like a fragile loose cannon while ironically whining about how fragile the team supposedly is. You're more fragile than the Willie Desjardins era Canucks. 

Just your opinion. Who cares. I am sure I could sift through a lot of your comments and say you are negative. Does anyone care? No. If it bugs you that much learn to ignore. I could care less.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Zadorov has been fighting the puck all game long.  

I'm not very impressed with our forwards.  They can't accept a pass in stride to save their lives 

Agree Zadorov isn't having a great game, but for 30 minutes before the end of the 2nd period I was counting out loud the crisp passes per sequence, 9 and ten great passes in a row vs flyers 3 or 5 for most of the first 2 periods... I think DeSmith wanted to punch Myers out over that first goal and it left him shook long enough for 2 more!

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, literally all you do is whine like a fragile loose cannon while ironically whining about how fragile the team supposedly is. You're more fragile than the Willie Desjardins era Canucks. 

He's a rare kind of a fan that enjoys and thrives on hating on a team.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

Well, last time Nux laid an egg with vs Flyers and they came out of that playing well for a long stretch.  

Coach said he consider it a reset to 0 again after Xmas.  Can't stay comfortable and content.  

This should be a motivator. Step it up. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Yeah, I enjoy watching the games even when we're down to see who's responding and who's mailing it in.  

JT Miller looks pissed and will probably get into a fight in the 3rd period.  He's lost a large majority of faceoffs and puck battles, just not having a good day.  

Petey's line has looked decent.  

If we don't get a goal in the first 10 minutes, I hope that we rest Quinn and Hronek and give the rest of the guys more ice time. 

This is the perfect time to overplaying our top guns in the 3rd period considering that we don't play again for 5 days.  

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

Agree Zadorov isn't having a great game, but for 40 minutes before the end of the 2nd period I was counting out loud the crisp passes per sequence, 9 and ten great passes in a row vs flyers 3 or 5 for most of the first 2 periods... I think DeSmith wanted to punch Myers out over that first goal and it left him shook long enough for 2 more!

First goal was on the power play though and Myers was in the box.  Really weak wrister from the point by Zamula, not sure DeSmith has anyone else to blame but himself on that one. 

10 minutes ago, YourHuckleberry said:

I understand the anxious sentiments in this thread - expectations for this team are higher now that they’ve shown they can compete in this league and it’s tough to go down three against a tight checking team. If you’re going to let this game kill your mood though, you might as well shut the game off and take a break for your own well being. However, if you keep believing, there might just be some magic - and isn’t that why we watch?

3ohuAxV0DfcLTxVh6w.webp

• Haha 1

Just now, coolboarder said:

This is the perfect time to overplaying our top guns in the 3rd period considering that we don't play again for 5 days.  

5 days?!?  Damn, thought we'd be back at it sooner then that. 

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Just your opinion. Who cares.

When multiple people are saying your whining is insufferable. Your whining is probably insufferable. 1st in the league and all you do is focus on the negative 80% of the time. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1