[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers, Rogers Arena, Dec 28, 7PM PST - the *snort* *wheeze* *too much turkey* LET'S PLUCK the FLYERS' Wings Game

Rocket-68

Santa is Bringing Late Presents  

90 members have voted

1. 1. There is one more trade on the immediate horizon, this is what PA / JR will do in January getting a jump on the TDL

• Fire the Angry Elf out of a cannon to clear cap space - (Author: my thought / not yours necessarily is Podz will be given a chance to bash and crash)
    • Are you high, Elf stays, now Kuzy will be showcased and will become a human cannon ball in January ... gotta give up to step up
    • Nothing, January will be for seeing if the club trajectory stays the course.
    • Sadly, with Carson Soucy coming back in a few weeks the cap casualty will be Ian Cole given others have really come into their own on D - (Author: this is a pipe dream I know)
    • None of the above, wow the egg nogg is really hitting you hard ... see my thoughts on the next 4 weeks in comments below.
  2. 2. in honor of AatuD2, select from below for Lotto Max Tickets. If we hit, all that voted here (in poll #2) will get stuffed into a box suite and receive massive check as a share of the prize. I have picked 4 numbers already. Will post ticket in PGT.

• Yes, exciting but I don't want to watch a Canucks game while you give me a check so I am out. Note: First time to make voters public for obvious reason.

1 hour ago, drdeath said:

On his return to Vancouver I hope John Tortorella takes a moment to look up to the rafters to see the new addition:

image.png

I’m still mad at Torts for how he mistreated Luongo at that Winter Classic. He was rested from winning the gold at the Olympics and played well in those couple games he had. Meanwhile that idiot sat him out. We were all calling Lou’s at the game. All of us were flabbergasted.

That ended up being it for the greatest goalie in Canuck history. 

Way to go Torts

Sarcastic Clap GIF by Chuey Martinez

By the way, I was at that Luongo celebration game and gave two quick loud boos when he mentioned Torts. Everyone in my area laughed and knew…Roberto, the stand up guy he is, looked at me and said now now, he is a good coach (my seat was about 30 feet away from him) .

Edited by Grandmaster
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Myers isn't Canadian born (Austin, Texas) but he grew up in Canada and is Canadian. Noah Juulson is Canadian born though, local guy from Abbotsford

You're right on both counts. Juulsen didn't show up on the GDT graphics, and that's what I was going on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

First GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!

Canucks have the much loved Giraffe, Pizza Man, Souced-out-of-his-mind-24/7, Fried Green Tomatoes, Donkey as resident Canadians with a number in Abby.

While I wouldn't call us a "send us to the Spengler to represent Canada" squad, we have Canadians both on team and below. 

Proud Canadian first then Ukranian/Russian (I stand with Ukraine) second, I would cheer on my Canucks if 100% of them were a mix of Latvians, Italians and Arcturians (if you know, you know) players. GO CANUCKS GO

I appreciate you correcting me. I feel better 😊 

• Haha 1

Good test for them tonight against a hardworking - balanced Flyers team with solid goal tending.  I like these types of games because they provide a style of hockey that is gritty, tight checking along with a lot of block shots and is high paced - the style you will see as we head further into the second half of the season and into the playoff stretch.  Good opportunity for the Canucks to get use to this style as the games will get tighter down the stretch

This is the last game of 2023 so hopefully the Canucks can crank it up a bit + outwork the Flyers - then have some rest before starting the New Year.

Just Win.jpg

• Cheers 2