[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers, Rogers Arena, Dec 28, 7PM PST - the *snort* *wheeze* *too much turkey* LET'S PLUCK the FLYERS' Wings Game

Rocket-68

Santa is Bringing Late Presents  

90 members have voted

1. 1. There is one more trade on the immediate horizon, this is what PA / JR will do in January getting a jump on the TDL

• Fire the Angry Elf out of a cannon to clear cap space - (Author: my thought / not yours necessarily is Podz will be given a chance to bash and crash)
    • Are you high, Elf stays, now Kuzy will be showcased and will become a human cannon ball in January ... gotta give up to step up
    • Nothing, January will be for seeing if the club trajectory stays the course.
    • Sadly, with Carson Soucy coming back in a few weeks the cap casualty will be Ian Cole given others have really come into their own on D - (Author: this is a pipe dream I know)
    • None of the above, wow the egg nogg is really hitting you hard ... see my thoughts on the next 4 weeks in comments below.
  2. 2. in honor of AatuD2, select from below for Lotto Max Tickets. If we hit, all that voted here (in poll #2) will get stuffed into a box suite and receive massive check as a share of the prize. I have picked 4 numbers already. Will post ticket in PGT.

• Yes, exciting but I don't want to watch a Canucks game while you give me a check so I am out. Note: First time to make voters public for obvious reason.

8 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Stop overreacting to some rumors that were started to get clicks people.

I didn’t mean to cause a ruckus. I just hate the entire Blackhawks organization and wish they would just fold. Disgusting franchise and an even worse fan base. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

>says he wants to win

>supposedly wants to go from 1st place team to 2nd last place team

Make it make sense!

Petey wants to win, so he goes to the worse team in the league. 

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Okay. That makes perfect sense 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

>says he wants to win

Make it make sense!

Chicago wins cups and first round picks with ease. It is one of the chosen ones. It kinda makes sense. Born with luck and success. 

What is taking Petey so long anyway ? If he doesn't want to be here then he can F off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim McMahon said:

I mean if he only cares about the money then he will walk. That’s the sad state of professional sports. Players only want money. They could give a fuck about winning. These young athletes are selfish. 

As soon as he said he wanted to concentrate on the season and not talk about a new contract, I knew that is what he was thinking. Bo did the same thing. Guys that want to stay here figure it out. See Miller and Hughes, those guys want to win bad. I am pretty sure he is not injured and he is just pouting now that he knows the team is not going to back down on his demands. Maybe his real name is "Pouty". :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

As soon as he said he wanted to concentrate on the season and not talk about a new contract, I knew that is what he was thinking. Bo did the same thing. Guys that want to stay here figure it out. See Miller and Hughes, those guys want to win bad. I am pretty sure he is not injured and he is just pouting now that he knows the team is not going to back down on his demands. Maybe his real name is "Pouty". :classic_laugh:

44E8ECEF-CAA6-4195-B064-AB551942F63F.png.0a420b7cdba7f5384c8e268903fc061c.png

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

>says he wants to win

Make it make sense!

32 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Petey wants to win, so he goes to the worse team in the league. 

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Okay. That makes perfect sense 

Well we are at the top of the League and he hasn't signed with us, so there is that. Does that make sense?

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

King of bad takes.

Best goalie in franchise history and it is not even remotely close. 😂

We have had a lot of great REGULAR SEASON players and he is definitely one of them, I totally agree with you. :classic_biggrin:

I thought King Richard and Kirk were pretty good too, but my vote is on 

Kirk.

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Pettersson is a special player, but his inconsistency is starting to remind me of Horvat. I want him to be a Canuck for life and I want to see his number retired but part of me feels like he doesn’t want to be a Canuck. That’s just speculation. If him and his agent demand 11+ and he continues playing like this, then we trade him. Just goes to show you need guys like Mackinnon and Kucherov to win cups. Those guys are dedicated winners and they take team friendly deals so they have a chance to win. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

44E8ECEF-CAA6-4195-B064-AB551942F63F.png.0a420b7cdba7f5384c8e268903fc061c.png

This is my bold prediction for Petey Alf. He either signs for a reasonable contract or we move him, lets just see what happens. I said the same thing when everyone was saying Bo was immovable too. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Jim McMahon said:

Pettersson is a special player, but his inconsistency is starting to remind me of Horvat. I want him to be a Canuck for life and I want to see his number retired but part of me feels like he doesn’t want to be a Canuck. That’s just speculation. If him and his agent demand 11+ and he continues playing like this, then we trade him. Just goes to show you need guys like Mackinnon and Kucherov to win cups. Those guys are dedicated winners and they take team friendly deals so they have a chance to win. 

Agreed

1 minute ago, Jim McMahon said:

Miller and Hughes are the measuring stick for me, when the time comes to retire their jerseys or put them in the ring, I will be in full support.

• Like 2