[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers, Rogers Arena, Dec 28, 7PM PST - the *snort* *wheeze* *too much turkey* LET'S PLUCK the FLYERS' Wings Game

Rocket-68

Santa is Bringing Late Presents  

90 members have voted

1. 1. There is one more trade on the immediate horizon, this is what PA / JR will do in January getting a jump on the TDL

• Fire the Angry Elf out of a cannon to clear cap space - (Author: my thought / not yours necessarily is Podz will be given a chance to bash and crash)
    • Are you high, Elf stays, now Kuzy will be showcased and will become a human cannon ball in January ... gotta give up to step up
    • Nothing, January will be for seeing if the club trajectory stays the course.
    • Sadly, with Carson Soucy coming back in a few weeks the cap casualty will be Ian Cole given others have really come into their own on D - (Author: this is a pipe dream I know)
    • None of the above, wow the egg nogg is really hitting you hard ... see my thoughts on the next 4 weeks in comments below.
  2. 2. in honor of AatuD2, select from below for Lotto Max Tickets. If we hit, all that voted here (in poll #2) will get stuffed into a box suite and receive massive check as a share of the prize. I have picked 4 numbers already. Will post ticket in PGT.

• Yes, exciting but I don't want to watch a Canucks game while you give me a check so I am out. Note: First time to make voters public for obvious reason.

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don’t get how a coach can get the best start in franchise history and still have people saying they don’t like him. 

Hell the league peddles gambling every 40 seconds now time to move on already and accept he’s been a great coach for this group. 

Odds today have no meaning on wins tomorrow. Odds posted are a represenative (hopes) of what most ,(house), hopes you bet. If a flood of bets go to Canucks win 5 to 2 and not 4 to 3 ....... take poi ... td 

... gasp

Sorry, run put of oxygen. Ask some posters here that are more experienced than me on betting.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don’t get how a coach can get the best start in franchise history and still have people saying they don’t like him. 

Hell the league peddles gambling every 40 seconds now time to move on already and accept he’s been a great coach for this group. 

I don't like his lines often, i don't like his kuzzy handling, i don't like his decision to not have a full-time powerplay coach. I think his grinding>scoring focus costs us wins over better teams. 

I admire his defensive work and the improvement in the lower lines. I appreciate the trades/free agent additions.

So there you go.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

This is my bold prediction for Petey Alf. He either signs for a reasonable contract or we move him, lets just see what happens. I said the same thing when everyone was saying Bo was immovable too. 

Petey is a much, much better player than Bo. Petey is worth 11-12 mil per, depending on length of contract. 

45 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Exactly this. Tocchet is the man. Have to give him credit. He's been dialed in from day one. And he's responsible for bringing in Foote and Gonchar 

The gambling righteousness is laughable when the league and even the game's biggest stars have sold their souls to normalize it and lower the bar on society even more.

This 

• Cheers 2

It's pretty simple.

Rick gets us the Cup then I dont care if Petey and Kuz bounce because of him.

If we dont get the Cup and are just competitive for a few years until we have to re-tool yet again, after Petey and Kuz are gone...

Then Rick weighs the same as a duck and should be treated as such.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

After Kuzmenko sat he scored 2 goals and looked more effective than he had all season. Tocchet is handling Kuzmenko just fine. 

If he didnt score some people would have said ...'see Tocc was right, Kuz is no good'

If he does score some people say ...' see Tocc is handling Kuz fine'

Win/win.

Heck Tocc knows his gambling....am I right?

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1