PGT - Flyers at Canucks - 12/28/23

PhillipBlunt

19 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

ZERO HITS FOR MYER'S AND ZADAROV 

Miller Joshua Juulsen 4 hits each

Blue with 2 hits (labor ready line hits)

We need a power forward for Aman (zero hits) 

Hogs with 0 hits

This has got to be an area we need to work on. Hitting has to be a staple we can't do without, especially from our two biggest players.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

CONDENSED GAME | Philadelphia at Vancouver 

vinko-bogataj-agony-of-defeat.gif

Good job still commiting to the jump.That kind of commitment would be on my team.I wonder if they still measured the distance.Bet the guy switched to the bobsled after that.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Should be after 11am. Sleep studies show that there's a huge deficit in brain functionality at such early times in the morning. To yield the best results you have to give the players the best chance to get a long night of sleep. It'll help with energy, memory, sharpness, etc. 

Working/learning/being awake at 6am is good for less than 1% of the human population. 

How is it that studies can refute 10s of thousands if not 100s of thousands of years of evolution. Humans are not nocturnal we do not see in the dark very well. We sleep at night and function in the day. The sun laterally gives us vitamin C and we live above ground. But some how it is bad to be awake in the morning I call BS

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, -dlc- said:

The other thing that can't be foreseen though is...injuries. They tend to mount as teams wear down and it'll be survival of the fittest. Teams expected to be there are an injury or two away from falling...especially when goaltenders are off.

People think we're destined to fail as things progress but that's not necessarily the case. Any team can hit a skid, including those touted "the best" teams and projected to be on top. So many variables come into play and it's not just our team that will experience a grind. We've put in some minutes that other teams are now having to make up for...we'll see how they do when fatigue factors in. 

With the last D coming back this team is 100 % healthy

4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

People need to stop pretending they're Tocchet and ripping everything he does apart. Just shows they are shortcutting the thinking/coaching process. I'm sure Tocchet doesn't want to have a doghouse. He's not one of those coaches who is constantly riding someone just to ride them, like say a Torts type. However the doghouse does exist for when the dog just refuses to behave. I'm sure RT spoke with Kuzmenko about his play many times before resorting to benching him. It was done for the good of the team.

We're talking a completely different situation with Boeser. You're talkin about a player that has worked hand in hand with RT and has done everything asked of him, and is one of the best stories of the year. He gets in on the forecheck, he skates, he backchecks, he's committed, and he almost leads the league in goals. It would be stupid to bench a player for one bad game after all the strides he has made and risk undoing that. It would be a poor coaching choice and shows that some people just don't understand the complexities of the NHL. We all love to bitch though. Remember we're still kicking ass, we don't need to re-write the whole playbook.

If it wasn't for the 3rd line the win line would look a whole lot different.They have literally drug this team thru to many games.It is time to re make the top 2 lines.The 1st line pp inconsistancies say that.Just far to many slow starts and terrible shot production in the 1st period say that as well. 

25 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

How is it that studies can refute 10s of thousands if not 100s of thousands of years of evolution. Humans are not nocturnal we do not see in the dark very well. We sleep at night and function in the day. The sun laterally gives us vitamin C and we live above ground. But some how it is bad to be awake in the morning I call BS

I mean, that's called learning. We have studies now that refute a lot of idiotic stuff we did for many generations. That doesn't mean what was done was right and these studies are wrong. You boomers really just hate learning anything new I guess. Every study is just some government propaganda or something. Lol. You don't even need a complex study to have enough common sense to realize you're better at 1pm than 7am.

3 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Coaches got a plan.  No need to second guess everything. Had they won this wouldn't be an issue.  

Flyers goalie got injured in the third.  Hart had to go in.  Fortunately for him, Nux didnt test him at all.  Vegas lost both of their top 2 goalies, which explains their recent decline.  

In the post of mine that you quoted I said....I am sure there was a reason. Us fans dont need to know everything. ...So, I dont see it as too much second guessing as i admitted we dont know what the reasons were. 

Anyway, I got about 8 responses after I posted a retrospect is 20/20, time travelling joke... about questioning Demko's deployment.  

So point taken. Dont question the process. Tocc is god.

8 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I mean, that's called learning. We have studies now that refute a lot of idiotic stuff we did for many generations. That doesn't mean what was done was right and these studies are wrong. You boomers really just hate learning anything new I guess. Every study is just some government propaganda or something. Lol. You don't even need a complex study to have enough common sense to realize you're better at 1pm than 7am.

I am great at 7:00 a.m. and not so great at 1:00 p.m. Morning is the most productive part of the day for me.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, D-Money said:

You could see this game coming from a mile away.

As was pointed out on the broadcast at the beginning, the team has overworked multiple key players, with many among the league leaders in total TOI. Then they finally get an extended break, but with 1 game wedged in the middle against an Eastern Conference opponent.

Tocchet not looking concerned post game speaks volumes. There really isn’t a problem with the team not being ready for this game, provided they are using the break as a whole well, and hit the ground running in January. It takes a lot of effort to be ready to play your best game, and they may be better served long-term resting instead. The rest they are getting should help them down the stretch more than the 2 points they missed out on.

ummm you’re kidding right? Over worked? They literally had 4 days off and have only played 36 games so far. If they’re tired right now then we are SCREWED because we’re not even done 50% of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, HKSR said:

We need a 2C, not a winger.  Petey should move back to wing like he has been his entire career.  That's where he's comfortable, and that's where he will thrive (not having prime defensive duties on a line).  

I agree. I don’t think Petey has it in him to be a top C. Top centermen don’t have such bad face off wins. If you’re going to lose those many draws you’re always going to be chasing the game and not controlling it. 

I think we should acquire another top 6 C. Maybe someone like Brendan Morrison. Not a #1 C but someone that can play with two skilled wingers (Peterson and Mikheyev/Kuzmenko). Just my opinion but I don’t think this team takes the next step forward so long as Petey is our #1/#2 C. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I agree. I don’t think Petey has it in him to be a top C. Top centermen don’t have such bad face off wins. If you’re going to lose those many draws you’re always going to be chasing the game and not controlling it. 

I think we should acquire another top 6 C. Maybe someone like Brendan Morrison. Not a #1 C but someone that can play with two skilled wingers (Peterson and Mikheyev/Kuzmenko). Just my opinion but I don’t think this team takes the next step forward so long as Petey is our #1/#2 C. 

Agreed.  Joel Eriksson Ek would be absolutely perfect.  Ryan Hartman would work too.  Dylan Strome maybe.  Colton Sissons.  Boone Jenner.

10 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Elias Lindholm

#2 in fo% would be deadly centering Petey

I figure he's more of a #1C rather than a #2C, but yes, he would be the top of the list for me.  I even made a proposal for him in the Proposals forum.

37 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I figure he's more of a #1C rather than a #2C, but yes, he would be the top of the list for me.  I even made a proposal for him in the Proposals forum.

Oh he's a #1 c alright.  I was saying that he's #2 behind only Crosby in fo% this season.

And yah, I agree.  I'd love him here.  But the fLames probably want a lot AND he's a fa after thia year.  We'd have to shed Kuzy and then possibly take on Lindholm.  P.A. has done it already... See what happens.

Edited by Hogs and Podz

52 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Elias Lindholm

#2 in fo% would be deadly centering Petey

Not sure about Lindholm or giving up the assets needed to get him.  I think Petey needs a play driver on his line right now, who's that on our current roster?  We don't need more vanilla and spice, we need someone not very nice.  I'd like to see them try Podkolzin on his wing for a few games as he skates hard and carries the puck.  Canucks need some more buzz and chaos among their forwards.  They should find out if they have what they need before making expensive dead line moves.  

Just now, Future Considerations said:

Not sure about Lindholm or giving up the assets needed to get him.  I think Petey needs a play driver on his line right now, who's that on our current roster?  We don't need more vanilla and spice, we need someone not very nice.  I'd like to see them try Podkolzin on his wing for a few games as he skates hard and carries the puck.  Canucks need some more buzz and chaos among their forwards.  They should find out if they have what they need before making expensive dead line moves.  

You know... That's probably what they're going to try first.  I hope they do... And he had another good game last night as well. 

But it doesn't solve Petey's poor fo abilities.  However, if they can get the puck back then I guess they can potentially overcome Petey's weakness.  But I would understand if management decided to trade for a #1 center with high end skill, and fo acumen.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

The sun gives us Vitamin D, not C. So not convinced you're the expert on this stuff.

Have you heard of internal clocks and rhythms? They matter. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Should be after 11am. Sleep studies show that there's a huge deficit in brain functionality at such early times in the morning. To yield the best results you have to give the players the best chance to get a long night of sleep. It'll help with energy, memory, sharpness, etc. 

Working/learning/being awake at 6am is good for less than 1% of the human population. 

29 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The sun gives us Vitamin D, not C. So not convinced you're the expert on this stuff.

Have you heard of internal clocks and rhythms? They matter. 

The top quote is what he was questioning.Less than one percent of the population. Really.