PGT - Flyers at Canucks - 12/28/23

PhillipBlunt

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Agreed.  Joel Eriksson Ek would be absolutely perfect.  Ryan Hartman would work too.  Dylan Strome maybe.  Colton Sissons.  Boone Jenner.

Couple good options there for sure. I think the issue is we would have to move someone out to bring anyone else in. We’re already going to be tight against the cap can’t afford to bring more cap in without knowing what’s going to happen in the future. It’s going to be a big year in 2024 in regards to how we do as a team in the regular and playoff season. But also what we do moving forward with our UFA/RFA signings. 

Forwards: Petterson, Lafferty, Blueger, Joshua

Defencemen: Hronek, Zadorav, Myers, Cole

Lots of important pieces in that group of 8. Can afford to maybe not sign a few of them if a few young guys can come up and make an impact. But I think all 4 of those forwards need to be signed, Hronek, and Zadorav. I would be ok with one of Myers or cole not being signed (if it comes down to $$$) but I think we cannot afford to lose both or it will hurt the depth we finally have. 

54 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Couple good options there for sure. I think the issue is we would have to move someone out to bring anyone else in. We’re already going to be tight against the cap can’t afford to bring more cap in without knowing what’s going to happen in the future. It’s going to be a big year in 2024 in regards to how we do as a team in the regular and playoff season. But also what we do moving forward with our UFA/RFA signings. 

Forwards: Petterson, Lafferty, Blueger, Joshua

Defencemen: Hronek, Zadorav, Myers, Cole

Lots of important pieces in that group of 8. Can afford to maybe not sign a few of them if a few young guys can come up and make an impact. But I think all 4 of those forwards need to be signed, Hronek, and Zadorav. I would be ok with one of Myers or cole not being signed (if it comes down to $$$) but I think we cannot afford to lose both or it will hurt the depth we finally have. 

It would be either Kuzmenko or Mikheyev on the way out.  The new centre will be for Petey and whoever remains of Kuz or Mik.

Im a pretty cranky guy after a loss but not as of lately. Im not a changed man im still extra 

toxic after a game its just that I conceptualize rage as a storable thing, almost like a ........

gauge if you will... A rage gauge, if you will, idk if you can possibly but IF you will, a rage gauge.

I like to keep that thing near full. I dont think a zombie apocalypse is impossible at this point, so

idk. 

TLDR: You need extra rage for zombies dont waste it on the flyers.

Edit: Your melee attacks would do extra damage from the flyers rage.

Edited by Shirotashi

5 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Im a pretty cranky guy after a loss but not as of lately. Im not a changed man im still extra 

toxic after a game its just that I conceptualize rage as a storable thing, almost like a ........

gauge if you will... A rage gauge, if you will, idk if you can possibly but IF you will, a rage gauge.

I like to keep that thing near full. I dont think a zombie apocalypse is impossible at this point, so

idk. 

TLDR: You need extra rage for zombies dont waste it on the flyers.

Edit: Your melee attacks would do extra damage from the flyers rage.

Another good outlet is taking some guns to the range. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Seattle just beat Philly. 

Goes to show, on any given night any team can be beat. Which is why I don't pencil in wins/losses ahead of time.

Teams don't just plow through everyone...they have up's and down's. Road trips can be particularly tough. So we'll see what shakes out when the season ends and we have a better idea of who managed to string things together the best. That's what it boils down to.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I used to take losses SO much harder. And I hated other teams and their fans with a vengeance. 

Life tends to mellow us out....going through COVID and, most importantly, going through something terrifying with my daughter really taught me not to sweat the small stuff. Now, don't get me wrong....my team losing is not small stuff to me. But I take it all in stride. It can be deflating and sort of ruin the mood...but temporarily. I take nothing for granted these days and every moment is precious. 

I'm in this deal with hockey for joy and if I'm not getting that aspect of things it's defeating the purpose. I'm doing it wrong.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Goes to show, on any given night any team can be beat. Which is why I don't pencil in wins/losses ahead of time.

Teams don't just plow through everyone...they have up's and down's. Road trips can be particularly tough. So we'll see what shakes out when the season ends and we have a better idea of who managed to string things together the best. That's what it boils down to.

To be honest I forgot what was my point. I woke up in the middle of the night to type this and slept 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Agreed. And for some reason this year, our two games against Philly were lackluster, to say the least. 

We beat them last year. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I used to take losses SO much harder. And I hated other teams and their fans with a vengeance. 

Life tends to mellow us out....going through COVID and, most importantly, going through something terrifying with my daughter really taught me not to sweat the small stuff. Now, don't get me wrong....my team losing is not small stuff to me. But I take it all in stride. It can be deflating and sort of ruin the mood...but temporarily. I take nothing for granted these days and every moment is precious. 

I'm in this deal with hockey for joy and if I'm not getting that aspect of things it's defeating the purpose. I'm doing it wrong.

The lows make you appreciate the highs even more. 😉

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Same.   After years and years of losing seasons didn't affect us the life outside hockey.  Win or lose, life outside hockey remains same regardless.  We still find joy, laughter in life that hockey will not be able to replace so why should we give a thought of a loss in a hockey game when we are doing well in standing.  Simply, move on and enjoy life as much as you can for our life is so short.   Even a win from a game gives us a bad hair day the next morning.

Bottom line, don't dwell on a loss.  We analyze on what was wrong then make adjustments and other teams still adjusting to our style and beat us.  That is what sports interesting, we see new plays for and against and create a highlight reel that probably will never repeat itself again.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I think "he" could probably speak for himself because that's not addressing the other stuff. Vitamin C?

I'm guessing an honest mistake. I only commented because there are some pretty silly things presented in here sometimes. Like the one percent of the population thingy. Kinda funny actually. I find it entertaining and not really worth getting worked up about it. Keeps things lively. Cheers

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, -dlc- said:

The sun gives us Vitamin D, not C. So not convinced you're the expert on this stuff.

Have you heard of internal clocks and rhythms? They matter. 

The Sun also moves laterally apparently too…I’m learning new things today.

Fuck oranges, I just need some Sun.

See you in Mexico Deb 😏

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I always wonder why they practice the way they do.

Can someone explain to me why they practiced the day after a game rather than a day of rest?

And why don’t players practice closer to game time to get their bodies in a regular routine?

If they come back slow and sluggish after this time off I think there’ll be questions about how they optimized this time off.