PGT - Flyers at Canucks - 12/28/23

PhillipBlunt

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I always wonder why they practice the way they do.

Can someone explain to me why they practiced the day after a game rather than a day of rest?

And why don’t players practice closer to game time to get their bodies in a regular routine?

If they come back slow and sluggish after this time off I think there’ll be questions about how they optimized this time off.

I don't have any expertise in sports training.

My guess is that the way they played on Thursday, they need to get on ice and address things.

Tomorrow is new yrs Eve so the team has time off.  Maybe coaches want more practices done. So two in a row.

Can't be fat and happy. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Miller and Pettersson's line need to be WAYYYY better in order for us to go anywhere.

Garland's line has hold the fort for now, but if the top six continues their mediocre trend, we are going to hit a wall quickly. 

If all 3 of those lines are producing, I don’t think they are losing to anyone!

8 hours ago, sassbs said:

If all 3 of those lines are producing, I don’t think they are losing to anyone!

Demko in "boss mode" can steal a game by himself regardless on how well any one line up front is playing.  One can only imagine how good this team can get (health permitted ***knock on wood***) if all the cylinders are firing.

30 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Demko in "boss mode" can steal a game by himself regardless on how well any one line up front is playing.  One can only imagine how good this team can get (health permitted ***knock on wood***) if all the cylinders are firing.

The playoffs are the real measuring stick and you need more then that if you want to go far. All lines will have to play as consistent as Bluegers line if we want to go far.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The playoffs are the real measuring stick and you need more then that if you want to go far. All lines will have to play as consistent as Bluegers line if we want to go far.

That is true.  I was mainly referring to the  regular season.  Been how long since that has been a likely (granted nothing is guaranteed) possibility?  

For the umpteenth time, a great time to be a Canuckfan!👍

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

You do understand the different matchups Bluger gets compared to Petey and Miller, right? Yes, our third line is winning their matchups, and that’s great, but they are getting bottom six forwards and bottom pairing D to play against. 

Just now, Alflives said:

You do understand the different matchups Bluger gets compared to Petey and Miller, right? Yes, our third line is winning their matchups, and that’s great, but they are getting bottom six forwards and bottom pairing D to play against. 

Yes I do get that Alf so having your line mate "benched" doesn't qualify as your line not doing well? Boeser forgetting to know how to check is consistent? 

Miler and Petey are making a lot more then Blueger or Joshua so its all relative. You get paid more because we expect more from them.

We need to stop making excuses for lack luster play. We have to raise the bar just a little higher or we are going to end up just like 2011 again.

• Like 1

Just now, EdgarM said:

Yes I do get that Alf so having your line mate "benched" doesn't qualify as your line not doing well? Boeser forgetting to know how to check is consistent? 

Miler and Petey are making a lot more then Blueger or Joshua so its all relative. You get paid more because we expect more from them.

We need to stop making excuses for lack luster play. We have to raise the bar just a little higher or we are going to end up just like 2011 again.

We are top three in the league. Not too sure what the problem is. Petey is a super duper star. Miller is a super star. Hronek is top 10 D in the league. Hughes is the best D in the league. Demko is Double Bubble. Boeser is second in goals. 41ABF565-02EB-4B50-85A7-2FF4C5EEE771.gif.10acf8e4097d48f699347202c469a394.gif

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are top three in the league. Not too sure what the problem is. Petey is a super duper star. Miller is a super star. Hronek is top 10 D in the league. Hughes is the best D in the league. Demko is Double Bubble. Boeser is second in goals. 41ABF565-02EB-4B50-85A7-2FF4C5EEE771.gif.10acf8e4097d48f699347202c469a394.gif

..............but we are not in the playoffs, when the real season begins and the true test of how good a team is. Unless you think Edmonton and Toronto are good teams, do you?

On 12/29/2023 at 6:08 PM, Dude said:

If it wasn't for the 3rd line the win line would look a whole lot different.They have literally drug this team thru to many games.It is time to re make the top 2 lines.The 1st line pp inconsistancies say that.Just far to many slow starts and terrible shot production in the 1st period say that as well. 

Yeah, time for a trade to address the top 6. I would think it has to be on the radar. Of course resources are limited but we have a couple of prospects, picks, and maybe a player to offer.