PGT - Flyers at Canucks - 12/28/23

PhillipBlunt

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Philly is the hottest team in the league since mid November, we’ve had points in our last 9 games. Fine, we had a stinker but what I really loved was the anger on the bench when we gave up the shorty, this team cares, has heart and has skill, we’ve been missing 2/3 of these for a long time. Don’t care about the loss, don’t care about the series, I love what I’m seeing and finally enjoying hockey again.

if Philly been the hottest team in the league since mid-November then the Canucks have been the hottest team in the league since the start of the season. They have raised expectations themselves by playing well. It’s not that we had one stinker, we’ve actually had a few over the course of the season. My only problem is, the players better expect to be paid based off results. I’m afraid a 10+ plus deal to Petey will hurt the team if he can’t produce. Top players should not have those many off nights. Even Hughes & Hronek are not as dominant as they once were. We’ll see where the season takes us I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

The 85 Oilers lost 3 games vs the Flyers. 

We played a right checking game and matched Torts bullshit till the end of the 2nd. 

The sky is not falling. Anyone who's peddling that nonsense is just a moron. 

No. They still have some tweaking to do. It’s not a finished product either. They will be ready to play next game. I have faith in Tochett.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Well, they have 4 full days to try to figure out how to do a power play.  This is getting ugly.

Flat game, and too many stupid pills. Boeser needs to hit that open net. Myers, too.

Was surprised DeSmith got the start, given the long break and Flyers being on a hot streak. He made some good saves, but was pretty shaky tonight, even before the goals started coming.

Oh well, fix it up and get back in the W column.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

IMG_0409.png

It's not Clay's fault. 

I got my Tix from him for tonight's game. 

Unfortunately a poor outing.  Hope this will fire up the team just like last loss to Flyers.  

Got out worked tonight.  

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

A sludge fest game, where some simple mistakes cost us. Third line looked good as usual. I thought Kuz had lots of jump out there and was working hard. Boeser didn’t impress me at all. I hope he doesn’t get too much of a free pass. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser…   🤦‍♂️

Lots of blame to go around for tonight's loss.  Boeser has never been a good defender, but he obviously can't make those types of mistakes every game.

Sometimes we give up goals - but if there's a squad that can light up the net, it's this team.  And tonight they didn't.  Timing and passing was way off, so at least they know what to work on this week.

• Cheers 1