PGT - Flyers at Canucks - 12/28/23

PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

To be honest, I wish they were getting on a plane and playing again in two days from now. It's what they're use to, it's how, for the most part, they're a top team.

The idea of no competition for another elongated time is worrisome.

Y, thought this was a trap game. 

Up to the coaches and the leaders to get ready.  

Some players can use more practice. 

More time for Soucy to get ready.  

That 7 game road trip is gonna be tough.  

• Cheers 1

The fact our third line got as little time on ice as they did was a big reason we lost this game.

Tocchet has been a good coach but when he needs to adjust he's stuck in the stone ages. Can't believe there was no adjustment going into the 2nd.

Absolute ass games from Miller, Boeser, 4 out of 6 of our defensemen and our entire top 6 aside from Petey. It's time we blend up that top 6 because it's been absolute dogshit for a month now. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Y, thought this was a trap game.  Up to the coaches and the leaders to get ready.  Some players can use more practice.  More time for Soucy to get ready.   That 7 game road trip is gonna be tough.  

Thankfully we should have a fully healthy team to start that road trip.  Good fortune has led us here.

33 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Philly is the hottest team in the league since mid November, we’ve had points in our last 9 games. Fine, we had a stinker but what I really loved was the anger on the bench when we gave up the shorty, this team cares, has heart and has skill, we’ve been missing 2/3 of these for a long time. Don’t care about the loss, don’t care about the series, I love what I’m seeing and finally enjoying hockey again.

I agree with you, but Philly ain't that good. If we can't beat them, either are we.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I find it funny that time-outs aren’t used more often. It feels like they aren’t ever used but I would just use them to rest my players or tell them to pick it up when needed. Use them if you have them. I understand a lot of coaches keep them for the end of the game in case they are down and want to set up a play but a majority of the time they aren’t even used. After that first goal would have been a good time to use one to tell them to wake up.

Exactly. I've played on national worthy teams for soccer (indoor and out) and I can tell you first hand how impactful timeouts can be. If you're playing like shit and you get called out on it, you pick it up immediately and suddenly you have legs again. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I find it funny that time-outs aren’t used more often. It feels like they aren’t ever used but I would just use them to rest my players or tell them to pick it up when needed. Use them if you have them. I understand a lot of coaches keep them for the end of the game in case they are down and want to set up a play but a majority of the time they aren’t even used. After that first goal would have been a good time to use one to tell them to wake up.

At least Tocchet isn’t as allergic to them as Green was. 

Lost the special teams battles plain and simple.

Kill the penalties, score once on the powerplay, and don’t allow a shorty and it’s a 2-2 game.

Our difference makers weren’t difference makers tonight. Only guys that were were the guys that have brought it all season long.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Too much turkey… Clearly these guys are still in holiday mode… Maybe they’re complacent satisfied with how they’re doing so far this year

Vegas did the same thing in their first game back.

Responded big tonight against LA. Unfortunately we don’t get another crack at it until Tuesday. 🥲

• Upvote 1