PGT - Flyers at Canucks - 12/28/23

PhillipBlunt

Nevermind. It was Dec. 9th against Carolina but that is quite a slump in terms of scoring. 8 games ago. I think what frustrates me is that Miller and Petey never seem to have hot streaks at the same time. It’s either one or the other or neither. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Nevermind. It was Dec. 9th against Carolina but that’s is quite a slump in terms of scoring. 8 games ago.

Miller has needed to be better offensively for a while now only reason  he hasn't followed Kuz to the press box is at least defensively he’s getting it down more often than not. 

16 minutes ago, KFAN said:

I agree with you, but Philly ain't that good. If we can't beat them, either are we.

They as we are 7-1-2 in the last 10 and since their rough start have the most points since mid November, the numbers seem to disagree with you. Mind you I’m sure Philly fans think we’re not that good either.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

They as we are 7-1-2 in the last 10 and since their rough start have the most points since mid November, the numbers seem to disagree with you. Mind you I’m sure Philly fans think we’re not that good either.

You're probably right; an emotional reaction to a loss I didn't think should happen. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

despite the success we have had on the powerplay.. i always thought our powerplay look slow and sluggish compared to other top powerplay teams in the league.. very predictable they will not rush up the ice and drop the puck back into the D zone and try to skate thru the entire team.. and once setup in the zone.. the puck moment is very slow.. are lot of the teams they are just whipping the puck all over the ice back and forth.. meanwhile the canucks are very predictable.. either pass>one timer.. or pass.. and then slowly skate around with the puck.. and pass and then slowly skate around again.. the top teams powerplay the puck rarely on a players stick for more than 1-2 seconds.. feels like with the canucks the puck is on a players stick for 3-5 second with the exception of a 1 timer. it's almost like the sedin era where they are looking for the perfect pass rather than moving the puck all over the place and tiring out the defence. how often do we see the other teams PK literally just standing there hardly have to move.. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

41 minutes ago, cusm said:

There is still room for improvement. Good.

Bad game with some crazy mistakes by the key players. You can only lose like that.

3rd line good again.

My issue is why is that 3rd line always ready to play and never takes a night off while the other lines seem to struggle during the same game?  The Miller line was atrocious tonight while the 3rd line was dominant. 

Even Tocchet said he kept the 3rd line intact because they were the only line that was going tonight.  

Coach needs to keep everyone accountable.  Lots of players deserve a scratch for the next game.  Boeser is at the top of that list…

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I think there's more to it than that. 

as is always the case, but at the end of the day, during his time here, he didn't perform well. 

his record was 36-35, so he wasn't terrible, but compared to Tocchet right now? Night and day. 

Edited by N4ZZY

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Lol tired of making hate posts after every loss?

Hate post that's not extreme at all.

Plus Fans will place blame on the players and yet none will go to the guy who deserves it the most. I wonder what you guys think a coach should be faulted for. For me your team not being ready that's at the coaches fault. Philly was ready Canucks were not.