PGT - Flyers at Canucks - 12/28/23

PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

My issue is why is that 3rd line always ready to play and never takes a night off while the other lines seem to struggle during the same game?  The Miller line was atrocious tonight while the 3rd line was dominant. 

Even Tocchet said he kept the 3rd line intact because they were the only line that was going tonight.  

Coach needs to keep everyone accountable.  Lots of players deserve a scratch for the next game.  Boeser is at the top of that list…

this is a good point, actually. curious to know what could be the reason behind that?

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty obvious we need another top 6 winger.

Petey isn’t the play driver we all thought he could be this season. He needs help.

Who does he get to drive plays to.

Kuz was on his line for many games do you think that helped his stats. Kuz is the only player being scratched. maybe throw Boeser up on that line and see how he does

Edited by CanuckFanForever

2 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Hate post that's not extreme at all.

Plus Fans will place blame on the players and yet none will go to the guy who deserves it the most. I wonder what you guys think a coach should be faulted for. For me your team not being ready that's at the coaches fault. Philly was ready Canucks were not. 

your right. it's on Tocchet and his coaching staff. But where do you draw the line? He could have done everything as a coach to get them ready, but at the end of the day, the players also have a responsibility to be ready

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Plus Fans will place blame on the players and yet none will go to the guy who deserves it the most. I wonder what you guys think a coach should be faulted for. For me your team not being ready that's at the coaches fault. Philly was ready Canucks were not. 

Best start in franchise history, drop the coach shit already. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Who does he get to drive plays to.

Kuz was on his line for many games do you think that helped his stats. Kuz is the only player being scratched. maybe throw Boeser up on that line and see how he does

Think Brock probably is scratched the next game, no? How can Tocchet scratch Kuzmenko, only to give Boeser a pass? 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

your right. it's on Tocchet and his coaching staff. But where do you draw the line? He could have done everything as a coach to get them ready, but at the end of the day, the players also have a responsibility to be ready

Would you agree the 3rd line was the best line and yet their mins do not reflect a response by the Coach to send a message to the rest of the team. Down 3 one their mins should have shot up with nothing to lose but a clear message sent come ready to play or play less.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

this is a good point, actually. curious to know what could be the reason behind that?

IMO, Joshua and Blueger are playing for new contracts next summer as UFA’s.  Garland doesn’t have to play against the other teams top lines so he becomes very effective on the 3rd line as the play driver facing the other teams weaker players.

Meanwhile, some of the guys on the top 2 lines had an enjoyable Christmas and probably ate like pigs with their families and didn’t hold themselves accountable for this game.  Basically they didn’t give a shit about tonight’s game. That’s the way I see it.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Think Brock probably is scratched the next game, no? How can Tocchet scratch Kuzmenko, only to give Boeser a pass? 

It would send a huge message to this team.  Might even piss off some of the players.  At the end of day, Tocchet needs to hold up to his end of the bargain and not make it look like he is playing favourites, as that could backfire on him big time…

• Upvote 1

I see people giving too many excuses for poor play. These guys are professional athletes. They should live, breathe, and play hockey because that is what they are paid to do. Christmas comes every year, should be no different. Should come to play and give your 100% every game. Clearly they weren’t hungry enough today. Doesn’t help that we have a big break before the next game again. Watch them come out slow again and people will blame it on them enjoying new years too much. need to play 60 minutes of hockey and lose these bad habits now or we won’t make it past the first round. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Would you agree the 3rd line was the best line and yet their mins do not reflect a response by the Coach to send a message to the rest of the team. Down 3 one their mins should have shot up with nothing to lose but a clear message sent come ready to play or play less.

They got a reasonable amount of ice-time. This time any video games - you can’t run one line. Shit even video games fatigue sets in. 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

These aren't kids.  They're adults.  They can be just as guilty of making errors just as much as the coaches can.  A couple players had their worst games of the season tonight.  Coach or player - there is enough blame to go around.

• Cheers 1