The God Thread

Ribs

13 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Who cares?

They still don't get to decide what is fact.

A few hundred years ago, a majority of people thought that bathing was harmful

over bathing is harmful... its much better for your skin and hair to not use soap and deoderant very often

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Who cares?

They still don't get to decide what is fact.

A few hundred years ago, a majority of people thought that bathing was harmful

So who gets to decide what is fact? Are 5 billion people not intelligent enough to decipher between fact and fiction?  Where are your facts that there is no God?  I’d love to see them. 

• Vintage 2

Just now, Dankmemes187 said:

Ok im out of this thread, before i start replying to everyone... i just really do love pointing out flaws in conceited smarmy know it alls... yes your farts stink...

Good idea. Before you make an even bigger ass of yourself

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So who gets to decide what is fact? Are 5 billion people not intelligent enough to decipher between fact and fiction?  Where are your facts that there is no God?  I’d love to see them. 

Nobody.

facts are facts. There is no decision involved.

• Cheers 1

says the guy that speaks complete utter trash arguments with no basis of proof and entirely off of ignorance

Right. "majority opinion doesn't determine fact" is a trash argument and unproven....

....but "too much bathing is harmful" is the height of discernment.....:classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Right. "majority opinion doesn't determine fact" is a trash argument and unproven....

....but "too much bathing is harmful" is the height of discernment.....:classic_rolleyes:

this is not the topic of discussion either of these things, and my comment was not directed at any of these points... what is your burden of proof that makes you so certain?

23 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Nobody.

facts are facts. There is no decision involved.

So 5 billion people have the facts wrong?  How is that possible?  How did we all get suckered into believing there is a God?  What went wrong?  Do we blame our parents?  Our teachers in our private schools?  Our priests?  Our nuns?  The Pope?  

Who is at fault for deceiving 5 billion people in such a cruel fashion to lead us to believe that there is a beautiful afterlife after we leave this earth? 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Dankmemes187 said:

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I'm not sure.

I made a comment about EPs post saying that 72% of people believe in God, by pointing out a majority of opinion does not make something a fact. I then pointed out, that once upon a time, a majority of people considered bathing to be harmful, to illustrate my point.

You chimed in about "too much bathing being harmful". That was right after EP had taken umbrage at my referring to 72% as a simple majority, rather than a "super" majority. That's when I made a comment about "pedantic" posts.

That is how we got to this point. If you're arguing something else, it has nothing to do with anything I said.

22 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

this is not the topic of discussion either of these things, and my comment was not directed at any of these points... what is your burden of proof that makes you so certain?

BTW: These were exactly the topics of discussion. Go back and actually read what I said.

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm not sure.

I made a comment about EPs post saying that 72% of people believe in God, by pointing out a majority of opinion does not make something a fact. I then pointed out, that once upon a time, a majority of people considered bathing to be harmful, to illustrate my point.

You chimed in about "too much bathing being harmful". That was right after EP had taken umbrage at my referring to 72% as a simple majority, rather than a "super" majority. That's when I made a comment about "pedantic" posts.

That is how we got to this point. If you're arguing something else, it has nothing to do with anything I said.

the ironing is delicious, that you chose to came here to argue pedantics... do you not argue for the existence or non existence of god?

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So 5 billion people have the facts wrong?  How is that possible?  How did we all get suckered into believing there is a God?  What went wrong?  Do we blame our parents?  Our teachers in our private schools?  Our priests?  Our nuns?  The Pope?  

Who is at fault for deceiving 5 billion people in such a cruel fashion to lead us to believe that there is a beautiful afterlife after we leave this earth? 

Belief in God is fine. That’s a personal choice. I think some conflate an individual’s belief in God with the atrocities that have committed by those using their belief in God as a reason. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

the ironing is delicious, that you chose to came here to argue pedantics... do you not argue for the existence or non existence of god?

I have stated that I don't believe in God myself, but I haven't argued the fact of the matter with anyone.

well i agree with alflives... its fine to believe in god and its fine to not believe we make our own beds... but i dont generally agree with people that state religion causes wars, they are just the illusion behind the real manner at hand... if it not were religion it would be something else, if you grow up your family isolated from religion they would still have war amongst themselves...

well i agree with alflives... its fine to believe in god and its fine to not believe we make our own beds... but i dont generally agree with people that state religion causes wars, they are just the illusion behind the real manner at hand... if it not were religion it would be something else, if you grow up your family isolated from religion they would still have war amongst themselves...

Really? You don't think the Crusades were based on religion?