The God Thread

Ribs

59 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

How’d the animals from Australia make it over?

The Polar bears? Emperor Penguins? 

I've asked this question....twice.

I also asked him to explain the distinction between "species" and "kind" of animal. (which is not a taxonomic distinction that I'm aware of)

No answer on either....

42 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's $100 to go on the Ark and see the museum.  The Ark is life sized.  It is 510 feet long, 51 feet high and 85 feet wide with 3 decks.  Once you see the real sized Ark you will understand that you can fit 7,000 land animals on there easily.  Here is a Youtube video of Noah's Ark...

I don't see how they steer it. Did it just float around and then just wash up somewhere?

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Bible says that God told Noah to take on the Ark two of every kind of animal, and seven pairs of the clean animals and flying creatures.

Was every species on the Ark? No. Species is a term used in the modern classification system. The Bible uses the term “kind.” The created kind was a much broader category than the modern term of classification, species.

A good rule of thumb is that if two things can breed together, then they are of the same created kind. 

There can be a tremendous amount of variation within a created kind. For example, various types of dogs, such as wolves, dingoes, coyotes, jackals, and domestic dogs, can often breed with one another. When dogs breed together, you get dogs; so there is a dog kind.

Recent studies estimate the total number of living and extinct kinds of land animals and flying creatures to be 1,398. With our “worst-case” scenario approach to calculating the number of animals on the Ark, this would mean that Noah cared for 6,744 animals.

Okay, fair enough, but as you say, since the bible has been interpreted and edited so many times in its existence how can the plausibility of the ark hinge on one word (kind) when we don't know if that's what was actually written? As for animals mating to create all of the various species and subs species of animals we see today, I think you’re on to something. 

Edited by JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

earlier i mentioned the big bang and how i didnt like how it misrepresents time the way its worded, so i believe how that the cree tell their story how when walking in the clouds they see some lush ground through a tiny dark spec (this is what i interpret as the tear in the wall of the 4th dimension) and as they "slowly walk " (time would be very slow) the lush land gets larger and larger before they finally arrive... i believe the majority of what is taught about spirituality and how we are in charge of our own destinations and responsible for our actions... and that we must find our own way, (trust in yourself) and its best to lead by our own exemplary actions... that we must help people when they are in need or when we have much to share (which is why im upset at billionaires how they choose to take and share only to avoid being admonished)

this is not the story i heard as the cree im friends with are from, northern alberta and i believe would be considered a part of the woodland cree... but this is similar

In The Kolbrin it says that great beasts came out of the sky. Instead of immediately dismissing I wonder, if true, how? Is there a possible scientific explanation? Then I think and ponder. Higher to lower or lower to higher dimension is one that I thought of and two universes over-lapping was another. Just a thought exercise. It also states that previous eras were destroyed by fire and by ice.

It's funny how totally separate and isolated societies can have so many similarities in their "myths". I put myths in quotes because I wonder how we would explain complex scientific theories to people who had no scientific terminology and very little advancements for comparative purposes. Also, how would you record this information in a way that future people could parse out?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Two of every kind.  We don't know if a Polar Bear was even on the Ark.  Also, did Australia exist at the time?  According the Bible, there was only one continent at the time of the flood.  Also, according to the Bible, the animals came to Noah, not the other way around.  It's all in the book of Genesis...

Yes, the continent of Australia existed 3000 years ago…and just a wee bit before that too, by about only 180 million years or so, give or take a few million years. 

Kangaroos are older than the Bible too. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

In The Kolbrin it says that great beasts came out of the sky. Instead of immediately dismissing I wonder, if true, how? Is there a possible scientific explanation? Then I think and ponder. Higher to lower or lower to higher dimension is one that I thought of and two universes over-lapping was another. Just a thought exercise. It also states that previous eras were destroyed by fire and by ice.

It's funny how totally separate and isolated societies can have so many similarities in their "myths". I put myths in quotes because I wonder how we would explain complex scientific theories to people who had no scientific terminology and very little advancements for comparative purposes. Also, how would you record this information in a way that future people could parse out?

the more i listen to neil degrasse tyson, the more i realize that these outcomes are possibilities that are real... the tear in the 4th dimension is being debated about how realistic the probability is through tons of math... the story the man tells is just so full of details that would make sense, the vessel to travel through the dimension and the directions to make sure not to look over the edge. there was a video were NDT explained to a child how someone could pass through a black hole, is it possible these are naturally ocurring "windows/doors" into another dimension? of course all theory and nothing proven, but fun to think about...

Just now, Alflives said:

Maybe only one known continent to those who wrote the biblical stories from the Old Testament? Did people back them even have a concept of continents? 

I dunno, that's why I am asking questions too.

My question came from the idea that Kangaroos got on the ark because there was only one continent. Which is really a spin off to the idea EP is presenting...that the Bible is fact due to the amount of people that believe in it.

It goes against everything I have thought about the burden of proof. 

https://www.qcc.cuny.edu/socialsciences/ppecorino/intro_text/chapter 3 religion/Burden-of-Proof.htm#:~:text=You cannot claim that "deities,exists or does not exist.

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dunno, that's why I am asking questions too.

My question came from the idea that Kangaroos got on the ark because there was only one continent. Which is really a spin off to the idea EP is presenting...that the Bible is fact due to the amount of people that believe in it.

It goes against everything I have thought about the burden of proof. 

https://www.qcc.cuny.edu/socialsciences/ppecorino/intro_text/chapter 3 religion/Burden-of-Proof.htm#:~:text=You cannot claim that "deities,exists or does not exist.

Oh. I see. The story of Noah wouldn’t mention continents (IMHAO) because they didn’t know about that stuff back when the stories were written. Interesting to discuss though. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Oh. I see. The story of Noah wouldn’t mention continents (IMHAO) because they didn’t know about that stuff back when the stories were written. Interesting to discuss though. 

But somehow Kangaroos made it on the voyage. How did they get to the ark? EP's response was that the bible says there was only one continent. 

I just want to know if he really believes that. I really doubt he does. However, his angle again is that god exits because the bibles say he does. And that it is a fact that god exists because a lot of people believe in the bible.

It's silly and I think he is actually taking the mickey but that would be trolling and I want to think better of him. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

But somehow Kangaroos made it on the voyage. How did they get to the ark? EP's response was that the bible says there was only one continent. 

I just want to know if he really believes that. I really doubt he does. However, his angle again is that god exits because the bibles say he does. And that it is a fact that god exists because a lot of people believe in the bible.

It's silly and I think he is actually taking the mickey but that would be trolling and I want to think better of him. 

But even if Australian critters got on the Ark that doesn’t say the people back then (when the stories were written) knew about the concept of continents though. It just means those critters were included. 

Just now, Alflives said:

But even if Australian critters got on the Ark that doesn’t say the people back then (when the stories were written) knew about the concept of continents though. It just means those critters were included. 

Oh sure.

Kangaroo's probably had gills back then. I mean, prove to me that they didn't

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yes, the continent of Australia existed 3000 years ago…and just a wee bit before that too, by about only 180 million years or so, give or take a few million years. 

Kangaroos are older than the Bible too. 

180 million years there was only one continent named Pangea. According to the Internet, Australia wasn’t founded until around 70,000 years ago. 

Also, during that time it was the Stone Age and many animals became extinct during that time because of the weather. The large kangaroos in Australia became extinct 40,000 years ago.  So who knows exactly what animals were even alive when Noah built the Ark. 

Also, a lot of those animals were probably also living in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas. Noah took only 2 animals of every kind, so he didn’t need to travel to Australia to get them. In any event, according to the book of Genesis the animals came to him, so it’s a moot point. 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

180 million years there was only one continent named Pangea. According to the Internet, Australia wasn’t founded until around 70,000 years ago. 

Also, during that time it was the Stone Age and many animals became extinct during that time because of the weather. The large kangaroos in Australia became extinct 40,000 years ago.  So who knows exactly what animals were even alive when Noah built the Ark. 

Also, a lot of those animals were probably also living in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas. Noah took only 2 animals of every kind, so he didn’t need to travel to Australia to get them. In any event, according to the book of Genesis the animals came to him, so it’s a moot point. 

To your reply, that’s fair. 

Australia began its journey across the surface of the Earth as an isolated continent between about 55 and 10 million years ago, and continues to move north by about seven centimetres each year.

https://www.ga.gov.au/scientific-topics/national-location-information/landforms/australian-landforms-and-their-history

Kangaroos have been around at some evolutionary level for millions of years. 

Way before the Bible, or its stories, or before human beings learned to read or write or have tools to make arks. 

Also, Kangaroos can’t swim all that well across long distances. Unless they were magic kangaroos. You believe in magic kangaroos? 

Just sayin. Hope you see my point. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Do you believe there was only one continent at that time?

There is evidence in the Bible that Noah’s flood occurred during the last ice age. During the last ice age the sea level was 200-390 feet lower than it is today. That is low enough that Alaska and Eastern Siberia were connected by a land bridge as were Britain and France.

So when the Bible says there was only one continent that is just an interpretation. I would need to look up the verse in Genesis to see the actual writing. 

9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

To your reply, that’s fair. 

Australia began its journey across the surface of the Earth as an isolated continent between about 55 and 10 million years ago, and continues to move north by about seven centimetres each year.

https://www.ga.gov.au/scientific-topics/national-location-information/landforms/australian-landforms-and-their-history

Kangaroos have been around at some evolutionary level for millions of years. 

Way before the Bible, or its stories, or before human beings learned to read or write have tools to make arks. 

Also, Kangaroos can’t swim all that well across long distances. Unless they were magic kangaroos. You believe in magic kangaroos? 

Just sayin. Hope you see my point. 

Yes I see your point. Cheers my friend. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I know, he gets punched in the head for a living but still, this is what some athletes with a platform have to say...

Midnight Mania! Enraged Bryce Mitchell goes to war with gravity, evolution: ‘A lie from Satan!’

https://www.mmamania.com/2023/9/23/23886190/midnight-mania-enraged-bryce-mitchell-goes-to-war-gravity-evolution-a-lie-satan-ufc-vegas-79-espn

Aside from his rock solid beliefs and reasons, I bet you can guess what his political opinions are...

My Gord... I watched that video. That dude has such conviction in his eyes, he fully believes what he's saying. I'd be almost impressed with the amount of passion in his voice if it wasn't so incredibly dangerous.

Gravity and evolution are lies fed us to by Satan? I love gravity, it makes apples drop, the sport of basketball possible, breasts bounce, and you know, keeps us tethered to planet earth... what an awkward way to find out I'm a follower of Satan. Hail Satan?

• ThereItIs 1