[Rumour] Canucks' - Montreal rumor

I’d trade Kuzmenko for Anderson, and some high end draft picks. 

Anderson has same cap hit as kuz. Although 2 more years attached to it. So Montreal would have to pay for it. Could be lucrative for us to take his cap on. Kuz definitely fits with Mtl better too I think.

Yes Anderson is a 35 point guy right now, I think he could easily get back to being a 45-50 point bruising winging under Tocs system while playing with Petey or Miller. 

• Like 1

I always liked what Monahan brought. Injuries have been a concern with him for awhile though. He also adds great size and he plays a gritty game. That upgrade from our third to their second would be pretty valuable too. Kovacevic is a nice little add as more depth D, a RD to boot, and huge. I actually don't mind it but it doesn't seem like this is too serious. More of an idea someone had.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I’d trade Kuzmenko for Anderson, and some high end draft picks. 

Anderson has same cap hit as kuz. Although 2 more years attached to it. So Montreal would have to pay for it. Could be lucrative for us to take his cap on. Kuz definitely fits with Mtl better too I think.

Yes Anderson is a 35 point guy right now, I think he could easily get back to being a 45-50 point bruising winging under Tocs system while playing with Petey or Miller. 

Montreal is happy to keep Anderson, they're certainly not paying to move him 

27 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Montreal is happy to keep Anderson, they're certainly not paying to move him 

They definitely do love him there. But his contract is a concern.

Although they don’t have cap issues either so you’re probably right.

I just want that kind of player on our team. We need more of that up front.

3 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

They definitely do love him there. But his contract is a concern.

Although they don’t have cap issues either so you’re probably right.

I just want that kind of player on our team. We need more of that up front.

Anderson has a pretty unique tool set fir a guy his size. Even through his recent drought he never took a shift off and never went into pout mode.  Through the entire dry spell MSL publicly said how much believed in Anderson abd unlike Kuzmenko Anderson adds value even when he's not scoring.  Now that he's scored 5 goals in the last 6 games I doubt they're in any rush to move him 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73 said:

Has to be click bait garbage... What GM in their right mind does this trade, Monahan has no value

Monahan has been really solid in Montreal this season. If he stays healthy he'll have great value at the trade deadline (or before).  That's if Montreal decides not to extend him, which is a real possibility 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Could you imagine Alf as a journalist? 😂 

Actually, he'd probably be a more credible source than Eklund! 

No. Because according to him almost everyone who isn't a canuck is a puck sucker or a bustaroo.  Eklund can at least fake a real hockey conversation. Alf is just a clown 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1