[Rumour] Canucks' - Montreal rumor

So many days since a Canucks game.... So many days yet to wait...

I guess that is why this thread has 3 ridiculous pages?

Ok I will make the next fake news... Is this like creating a PGT?

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

soooo like 4 less than Dakota Joshua??? you think Kuz and anything is worth that?

First of all, that's 5 goals from a bottom pairing D. Second, where did you see me support the trade in any form? 

• Cheers 1

Maybe believable if Hogz and pick wasn't part of package.

Kuz for Kovacevic, a big hulking RD with 5 goals in 30 odd games playing 3rd pair + Monahan, a veteran C on expiring contract. 

I don't see why JR/PA would trade Hogz. We need good young players on cheap contracts going forward.  

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Thanks 1

I want Kovacevic

But why would the Habs trade him. Big RD, League minimum salary, signed thru next year. 6'5 225lbs. 

Not sure what we'd have to give up. But maybe Kuz for Kovacevic straight up. Then we use the cap space to look for a top 6 winger somewhere else. 

Not sure what the market for Kuzmenko is but if it's better than Beauvillier,  so a 3rd round pick then it would make sense. 

Maybe Kuzmenko is worth a lot more because of his 39 goals last year..  we just don't know what GMs think of him and what they would offer. Maybe there's a Jim Benning out there 🤔 gives us a good player and a 2nd ?? Never know...

Edited by WHL rocks

8 hours ago, Lumberman said:

(RUMOR/PROPOSAL) I saw this on NHL Trade Rumors.com, no one has posted, so here you have it from Dec 29, article by Bob Ellis.

The Canucks are rumored to be offering Andrei Kuzmenko, Nils Hoglander, and a 2024 3rd round pick. Kuzmenko currently has played 31 games, scoring 8 goals and 11 assists, totaling 19 points. Nils Hoglander, another promising talent, has contributed 10 goals and 5 assists in 34 games this season.

In return, the Canadiens are rumored to be trading Sean Monahan, Johnathan Kovacevic, and a 2025 2nd-round pick. Monahan, a crucial player for the Canadiens, has scored 9 goals and 12 assists in 34 games this season. While Kovacevic has added 4 goals and 1 assist in 33 games this season.

Would you?

Who the heck is Kovacevic? lol. 

And no, I wouldn't do that deal at all. That's heavily on Montreal's favour. Why would JR/PA do this deal? It makes the Canucks worse doesn't it? 

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I want Kovacevic

But why would the Habs trade him. Big RD, League minimum salary, signed thru next year. 6'5 225lbs. 

Not sure what we'd have to give up. But maybe Kuz for Kovacevic straight up. Then we use the cap space to look for a top 6 winger somewhere else. 

AH. a RHD, okay nevermind then. 

We'd be losing two assets for a RHD, and another centreman? 

I can't see how Rutherford and Allvin trades both Höglander and Kuzmenko in the same deal. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

AH. a RHD, okay nevermind then. 

We'd be losing two assets for a RHD, and another centreman? 

I can't see how Rutherford and Allvin trades both Höglander and Kuzmenko in the same deal. 

They won't.  It's a nonsense proposal/rumor

Kovacevic is a big RD but he's no Zadorov. He was a healthy scratch last couple of games in MTL. 

He'd be our 7D but we have Juulsen at that spot when Soucy returns. Juulsen has been doing a great job lately. 

He makes league minimum 26 yrs old signed thru. Next season. I'd take him for Kuzmenko straight up. Saved cap space can go towards a legit top6 winger for Pettersson line in a subsequent trade.

There are always injuries so a deep D is important especially in the playoffs. 

22 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

They won't.  It's a nonsense proposal/rumor

Kovacevic is a big RD but he's no Zadorov. He was a healthy scratch last couple of games in MTL. 

He'd be our 7D but we have Juulsen at that spot when Soucy returns. Juulsen has been doing a great job lately. 

He makes league minimum 26 yrs old signed thru. Next season. I'd take him for Kuzmenko straight up. Saved cap space can go towards a legit top6 winger for Pettersson line in a subsequent trade.

There are always injuries so a deep D is important especially in the playoffs. 

what about a 3rd for Kovacevic? 

wouldn't that be fair trade?

edit: actually, nevermind. he's 26 yo, like you've said. He's kind of like a Juulsen player. why would we need this guy? 

Edited by N4ZZY

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

And no, I wouldn't do that deal at all. That's heavily on Montreal's favour. Why would JR/PA do this deal? It makes the Canucks worse doesn't it? 

Montreal has an excess of nhl ready or close to ready D so they'll need to move a couple. That said they may hold of on moving Kovacevic until Hutson or Mailloux are ready to join the team (right shot d prospects) 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, canuck73 said:

Has to be click bait garbage... What GM in their right mind does this trade, Monahan has no value

Monahan has good value this season. Earning a hair under 2 million this year and producing while playing anywhere up and down the lineup as well if needed.

It sounds like Montreal and Monahan are both happy to explore a possible extension, but the Habs could also get a good return for him if they choose to put him on the market before the deadline.

This specific trade is a no thank you, but the player has legit value.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

He is a big defensively sound 26 year old RD that has made some strides the past couple seasons. 

He is currently playing like a 3rd pair D and is signed very cheap till 2025. 

I wouldn't do the deal either but I like Kovacevic. If they are planning on moving him I would be interested just in a different deal that what is rumoured. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Actualy if you think about it, both Kuz and Hogs have been in the doghouse for a lot of the season. This tells me they are not high on either of them. 

Secondly, we are looking to get bigger and need someone with skill who can play alongside Petey. Kuz is not working out. 

Big defense is where we are going, thats obvious. 

That and we save cap money. 

Maybe they can offer Petey a  little more then what they want to with a little extra to work with. 

It actually does sound like something that would work. I know we like Kuz and Hogs but sometimes we have to do whats best for the team.

I don’t think the fanbase is sour on Kuzmenko and ready to give up on him. I think his style doesn’t fit into what tochett wants though and that’s what scares me, that Tochett may have developed such a dislike for him that he’s asking management to move him. 

I hope not. I've never been a fan of Monahan. He'll score some goals, but he is quite often invisible out on the ice. So many times, even when he was considered one of Calgary's top players, you wouldn't even realize he was playing even though it was well into the game.

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

First of all, that's 5 goals from a bottom pairing D. Second, where did you see me support the trade in any form? 

I shuddered when I opened this thread. Then your first post came along to put my mind at ease.

You are the go to guy when it comes to all things Canadiens .

La premier etoile qwijjibo!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, DeNiro said:

How about we just grab Kovacevic for the 3rd and forget all the rest?

Not sure he’s even an upgrade on Juulsen, so why waste a 3rd round pick on him?  

We need a top 4 RHD if we are going to make a trade. Not another bottom pairing guy. We have lots of those around. 

44 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Not sure he’s even an upgrade on Juulsen, so why waste a 3rd round pick on him?  

We need a top 4 RHD if we are going to make a trade. Not another bottom pairing guy. We have lots of those around. 

I would say he is.

Hes a cheap option for a Myers replacement so it’s more about next season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1