[Rumour] Canucks' - Montreal rumor

22 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Could you imagine Alf as a journalist? 😂 

Actually, he'd probably be a more credible source than Eklund! 

a scotch journalist doing a cat cooking thesis from his scooter, for sure.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would say he is.

Hes a cheap option for a Myers replacement so it’s more about next season.

He's a 3rd pairing Dman.  We already have Juulsen in that spot even for next season at $775k.  We need a top 4 guy who can play with Zadorov.  Even a puck mover would be fine, we got lots of big guys around already.  We even have D-Petey waiting in the wings who is 6'4" and 205 pounds and growing every day...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

1-He's a 3rd pairing Dman.  We already have Juulsen in that spot even for next season at $775k. 

2-We need a top 4 guy who can play with Zadorov.  Even a puck mover would be fine, we got lots of big guys around already. 

3-We even have D-Petey waiting in the wings who is 6'4" and 205 pounds and growing every day...

*Broke this down into 3 separate sections*

1- Agreed, not down for paying for a 3rd pairing dman when we have one locked in... if we want an upgrade there will be plenty on July 1st.

2- I wouldn't want to get a top 4 guy only to play him on the 3rd pair with Zadorov. I'd much rather have a top 4 dman play with another top 4 dman.

3-i think D Petey gets a full year in the AHL to acclimate himself to the smaller ice surface. Rather him get big minutes in the AHL and learn.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

*Broke this down into 3 separate sections*

1- Agreed, not down for paying for a 3rd pairing dman when we have one locked in... if we want an upgrade there will be plenty on July 1st.

2- I wouldn't want to get a top 4 guy only to play him on the 3rd pair with Zadorov. I'd much rather have a top 4 dman play with another top 4 dman.

3-i think D Petey gets a full year in the AHL to acclimate himself to the smaller ice surface. Rather him get big minutes in the AHL and learn.

Zadorov wouldn’t be on the 3rd pairing. He would be on the 2nd pairing. Soucy will be on our 3rd pairing with Juulsen next year. 

We can certainly go out and get a puck mover or at least all around guy to play with Zadorov next season. 

This may not be popular but that guy could be Myers at a reduced salary. 

• Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Zadorov wouldn’t be on the 3rd pairing. He would be on the 2nd pairing. Soucy will be on our 3rd pairing with Juulsen next year. 

We can certainly go out and get a puck mover or at least all around guy to play with Zadorov next season. 

Myers at 3.5 and Zadirov at 5.5

Is 9 mil a crazy cap allocation for a second pairing? 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's a 3rd pairing Dman.  We already have Juulsen in that spot even for next season at $775k.  We need a top 4 guy who can play with Zadorov.  Even a puck mover would be fine, we got lots of big guys around already.  We even have D-Petey waiting in the wings who is 6'4" and 205 pounds and growing every day...

We need a third pairing D man next season. Needing a top 4 has nothing to do with that fact.

Juulsen should not be a regular in the lineup that’s kinda my point.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Looks like more of a Montreal fan proposal. We lose the two better players and we only upgrade our 3rd to a 2nd. Horrid trade for us. Here's a rumor for you. Canucks offer Kuzmenko and Montreal offers Reinbacher.

Doodlebugs might hop on this offer; Reinbacher looks like another Slafbustki. 

3 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Looks like more of a Montreal fan proposal. We lose the two better players and we only upgrade our 3rd to a 2nd. Horrid trade for us. Here's a rumor for you. Canucks offer Kuzmenko and Montreal offers Reinbacher.

I'm not advocating for the trade. But I'd argue Monahan is a more valuable player than Kuzmenko to a playoff team.  He's a C who is 59% in the faceoff circle, he can play up the lineup and on the pp in case of injury, and hes making less than $2m. 

Kuzmenko had a good year last season based on an unrepeatable shooting percentage. This year he's in the doghouse due to his defensive play and has seen the press box.  Plus his cap hit is significantly higher at $5+m 

Edited by qwijjibo
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I’m hoping we can get Zadorov at around 4.5. Myers I’d offer him 2.5. I’d even give Myers 2 years so we don’t have to rush VVillander. 

Willander isn't ready, imo.  He looks great, but hes still going to need some time

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

I'm not advocating for the trade. But I'd argue Monahan is a more value player than Kuzmenko to a playoff team.  He's a C who is 59% in the faceoff circle, he can play up the lineup and on the pp in case of injury, and hes making less than $2m. 

Kuzmenko had a good year last season based on an unrepeatable shooting percentage. This year he's in the doghouse due to his defensive play and has seen the press box.  Plus his cap hit is significantly higher at $5+m 

Cap dump Monaghan more value than Super Kuz Missile. 
742A6540-3AC5-4972-80C5-6664E5CB078A.gif.d92f92dfdd55f5c4c943fe8e1dfd97a3.gif

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think PA and JR want to contend next season. It's a little early to tank.

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

We need a third pairing D man next season. Needing a top 4 has nothing to do with that fact.

Juulsen should not be a regular in the lineup that’s kinda my point.

I disagree.  Juulsen's is one of Tocchet's favourites and has worked his way into a starting spot on the team.  I think he is even ahead of Cole right now.  He will be on our 3rd pairing next season on a cheap contract so we can fit Petey and Hronek new contracts under the cap...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Id  imagine the goal is to have three pairings that can get roughly equal 5v5 time.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I think they also want to contend this season too.  Zadorov is currently on our second pairing playing almost 20 minutes a night...

12 games with the Canucks 18:15 time on ice. 5th amongst blueliners.

11 years in the league 18:11 time on ice. A 5th dman in all years but 3, 2 of those being horrible seasons for him.

Here is his jfresh on him as a 2nd pairing defender vs 3rd pairing dman... the results are staggering. He is what he is and shouldn't be overplayed (or overpaid for that matter)

20240101_180941.jpg

F-oKkCoWoAApOC3.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

11 years in the league 18:11 time on ice. A 5th dman in all years but 3, 2 of those being horrible seasons for him.

Here is his jfresh on him as a 2nd pairing defender vs 3rd pairing dman... the results are staggering. He is what he is and shouldn't be overplayed (or overpaid for that matter)

20240101_180941.jpg

F-oKkCoWoAApOC3.jpg

We have 3-4 guys that all play around the same amount of minutes.  We are not Calgary.  Zadorov is currently playing with Myers on our 2nd pairing and Cole with Juulsen on our 3rd pairing.  When Soucy gets back he will either play with Cole or Juulsen.  It's basically those 4-5 guys playing by committee.

If you don't want Zadorov on our 2nd pairing then you are going to be highly disappointed as Tocchet absolutely wants him on this team which is why they traded for him.  In working with Foote and Gonchar he seems to be playing better than he played in Calgary.  Tocchet wants a big bad bruising defence, which is why they targeted Soucy, Cole and now Zadorov and which is why they bought out OEL.  And Juulsen is now learning how to play Tocchet hockey.  These guys will show their stuff in the playoffs when it counts.  We can now go up against Vegas and match them player for player on defence...

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If you don't want Zadorov on our 2nd pairing then you are going to be highly disappointed as Tocchet absolutely wants him on this team which is why they traded for him.  

I'm fine with Zadorov playing his traditional 18 minutes as he has. He is our 3rd best LHD and has been deployed as such... by Tocchet who absolutely wants him in that spot.

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I would say he is.

"You can never have enough Dmen"

That's what JR said couple of weeks ago. 

Lots of hockey left in regular season then the playoffs are a meat grinde. Lots of injuries. Always can use a 6'5 225lbs RD

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I would say he is.

What, you think Myers wont extend at a club price? he knows he owes us. And he is better than most, its only his CAP that makes us expect a hughes. He got his money and now he wants to be a canuck, you can see his buy in.

11 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

I'm fine with Zadorov playing his traditional 18 minutes as he has. He is our 3rd best LHD and has been deployed as such... by Tocchet who absolutely wants him in that spot.

43 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We have 3-4 guys that all play around the same amount of minutes.  We are not Calgary.  Zadorov is currently playing with Myers on our 2nd pairing and Cole with Juulsen on our 3rd pairing.  When Soucy gets back he will either play with Cole or Juulsen.  It's basically those 4-5 guys playing by committee.

If you don't want Zadorov on our 2nd pairing then you are going to be highly disappointed as Tocchet absolutely wants him on this team which is why they traded for him.  In working with Foote and Gonchar he seems to be playing better than he played in Calgary.  Tocchet wants a big bad bruising defence, which is why they targeted Soucy, Cole and now Zadorov and which is why they bought out OEL.  And Juulsen is now learning how to play Tocchet hockey.  These guys will show their stuff in the playoffs when it counts.  We can now go up against Vegas and match them player for player on defence...

Look at that look at this look at that

we have a defense! They are perfect right now. And where does Soucy come in? WHO CARES as long as we can handle an injury. 

Next year is the issue. Myers cap will go down, but Zads and Heronik are gonna want more. Myers is worth more to me than Cole or Soucy.

I think we just go for broke this year and win everything so come on JUNE!

59 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

20240101_180941.jpg

F-oKkCoWoAApOC3.jpg

lol yah these stats dont show who the d-pair is. So are they even valid, or worth considering? I mean I like me some stats. but knowing whats going on is more important. Zads paired with Myers is perfect. I hope we can re-sign both, because otherwise someone else out there will grab both of them in july.