[Rumour] Canucks' - Montreal rumor

28 minutes ago, Tusk said:

What, you think Myers wont extend at a club price? he knows he owes us. And he is better than most, its only his CAP that makes us expect a hughes. He got his money and now he wants to be a canuck, you can see his buy in.

He'll sign where he gets the best offer or has the best chance to win.  I doubt he feels he "owes," the Canucks. 

Just now, qwijjibo said:

He'll sign where he gets the best offer or has the best chance to win.  I doubt he feels he "owes," the Canucks. 

If you ever lived in Vancouver, you take the haircut in pay to stay.

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

If you ever lived in Vancouver, you take the haircut in pay to stay.

Vancouver has the 3rd highest cost of living of any city in North America.  Players are already taking a haircut to play there. Lol 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Vancouver has the 3rd highest cost of living of any city in North America.  Players are already taking a haircut to play there. Lol 

Do you really, really think NHL players notice the cost of anything? maybe just their agents. 

• Confused 2

Just now, Tusk said:

Do you really, really think NHL players notice the cost of anything? maybe just their agents. 

I think they take a wide variety of things into consideration when choosing between offers. He's a Texan. You don't think he'd consider an offer from a team down south? 

55 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

I'm fine with Zadorov playing his traditional 18 minutes as he has. He is our 3rd best LHD and has been deployed as such... by Tocchet who absolutely wants him in that spot.

Zadorov is our #2 LHD.  He’s played over 19 minutes 5 of the 11 games he has played in Vancouver and he’s played over 20 minutes in 3 of the 11 games.  And in one game he has played over 21 minutes.  In contrast, Ian Cole has not played over 20 minutes since Zadorov arrived.  So not sure why you are trying to minimize Zadorov’s ice time.  He’s clearly playing on our 2nd pairing with Tyler Myers…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, qwijjibo said:

I think they take a wide variety of things into consideration when choosing between offers. He's a Texan. You don't think he'd consider an offer from a team down south? 

After surviving in Winterpeg and experiencing Vancouver, a guy from Texas will choose the wild wonders of BC every day. I bet 2mil AVV over 6 years if its a front loaded paycheque

• Cheers 1

He’s a Texan?  He moved from Texas to Calgary when he was 10 years old.  He played all of his junior hockey in Kelowna.  He lives in Kelowna now full time with his wife and 2 kids, which is the reason why he signed here 5 years ago.  I highly doubt he would ever want to go back to Texas…

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

After surviving in Winterpeg and experiencing Vancouver, a guy from Texas will choose the wild wonders of BC every day. I bet 2mil AVV over 6 years if its a front loaded paycheque

6 years?  Lmao. What GM in his right mind is going to offer soon to be 34 year old Tyler Myers 6 years? 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Zadorov is our #2 LHD.  He’s played over 19 minutes 5 of the 11 games he has played in Vancouver and he’s played over 20 minutes in 3 of the 11 games.  And in one game he has played over 21 minutes.  In contrast, Ian Cole has not played over 20 minutes since Zadorov arrived.  So not sure why you are trying to minimize Zadorov’s ice time.  He’s clearly playing on our 2nd pairing with Tyler Myers…

yeah. I mean that is that.

Can we keep him mommy? "no, he is a stray" please mommy? "no, we cant afford how much he wants next year!"

6 years?  Lmao. What GM in his right mind is going to offer soon to be 34 year old Tyler Myers 6 years? 

We got to where we are right now because of people using their left mind as much as their right mind.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

We got to where we are right now because of people using their left mind as much as their right mind.

If Allvin offers Myers a 6 year contract he should be fired on the spot 

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

he has put up with so much heat on the current contract... He wants to be a Canuck. So any deal that helps keep his AVV down to 2 mil he would stay. Does that mean 4 years? (the salary is not the problem, its the CAP) 6 years?  sorry I am not a cap lawyer. Whatever needs to be done we can keep Myers and we cant replace him after seeing cole and soucy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

he has put up with so much heat on the current contract... He wants to be a Canuck. So any deal that helps keep his AVV down to 2 mil he would stay. Does that mean 4 years? (the salary is not the problem, its the CAP) 6 years?  sorry I am not a cap lawyer. Whatever needs to be done we can keep Myers and we cant replace him after seeing cole and soucy.

The size of contract he's likely to garner at this point doesn't really benefit from front loading. You can only vary the year to year amount by a max of 35% and the lowest year can't be less than 60% of the highest year. Let's say his highest year is $3.5m. That would mean the lowest year couldn't be less than $2.1m. Giving a 34 year old defenceman a 6 year contract is insanity.  I'd be hesitant to give him more than 2 

11 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

If Allvin offers Myers a 6 year contract he should be fired on the spot 

ageism much? I mean how old when Ohlund retired? Lumme? Chira? isnt Burns, Keith, Suter, Edler right up there? Myers would be great because he is a Canuck and he knows he aint going to get a great offer sheet somewhere else so something with a 2m AVV is gonna work. give him the bonuses. give him the cash now and dropping. whatever. Shit, make it an 8 year deal.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Can Vancouver circumvent the cap? Is that what you're suggesting? 

I guess my point is they dont need to "cheat" to keep myers at a cap friendly deal. We stuck it out. We didnt buy him out. He knows he did not give us fair market product for the last 5 years.

I think if another team offered 3milx2 he wouldnt do it.

I think if we did 2mil x 6 he stays.

but he is also a Canuck, which means he will stick around. Till the deed is done, and maybe done a few times.

Everyone keeps saying oh, well that 6 mil myers cap space we can spend next year on the wonderful world of Petterson.

ya that is another whole conversation now

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I guess my point is they dont need to "cheat" to keep myers at a cap friendly deal. We stuck it out. We didnt buy him out. He knows he did not give us fair market product for the last 5 years.

but he is also a Canuck, which means he will stick around. Till the deed is done, and maybe done a few times.

Everyone keeps saying oh, well that 6 mil myers cap space we can spend next year on the wonderful world of Petterson.

Lol. Really going out on a limb saying he'd take a 6 year/ 12 million dollar contract that will pay him until he's 40 over a 2 year/$6m deal.  Of course he'd take the extra $6m.  He's probably got 3 years max left in him.   But again. Any gm offering him a 6 year deal should be terminated on the spot for ineptitude 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Myers gets a lot of hate, but at least he manages to stay on the roster, which shows that coaches do see something positive about him, regardless of his defensive gaffes. Just saying. He could've been benched like Eriksson was.

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

not sure why you are trying to minimize Zadorov’s ice time.  He’s clearly playing on our 2nd pairing with Tyler Myers…

I'm not minimizing his ice time, in fact I've clearly stated his average time on ice. You can pretty much set your watch to it.

Screenshot_20240102_032225_Chrome.jpg

46 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

I'm not minimizing his ice time, in fact I've clearly stated his average time on ice. You can pretty much set your watch to it.

Screenshot_20240102_032225_Chrome.jpg

I don't think we can say that Zad is a 2LD on a CUP contending roster. He will get the chance this spring to show that he is. What is interesting is the d-core assignments once Soucy returns. Has Juulsen nailed down the 3RD spot? Does Cole, Soucy or Zad move to the RD? 

On 1/1/2024 at 3:11 AM, Lumberman said:

(RUMOR/PROPOSAL) I saw this on NHL Trade Rumors.com, no one has posted, so here you have it from Dec 29, article by Bob Ellis.

The Canucks are rumored to be offering Andrei Kuzmenko, Nils Hoglander, and a 2024 3rd round pick. Kuzmenko currently has played 31 games, scoring 8 goals and 11 assists, totaling 19 points. Nils Hoglander, another promising talent, has contributed 10 goals and 5 assists in 34 games this season.

In return, the Canadiens are rumored to be trading Sean Monahan, Johnathan Kovacevic, and a 2025 2nd-round pick. Monahan, a crucial player for the Canadiens, has scored 9 goals and 12 assists in 34 games this season. While Kovacevic has added 4 goals and 1 assist in 33 games this season.

Would you?

Whoever created this rumour probably only took 5 months to be born.  

• Cheers 1

On 12/31/2023 at 7:39 PM, WHL rocks said:

I want Kovacevic

But why would the Habs trade him. Big RD, League minimum salary, signed thru next year. 6'5 225lbs. 

Not sure what we'd have to give up. But maybe Kuz for Kovacevic straight up. Then we use the cap space to look for a top 6 winger somewhere else. 

Not sure what the market for Kuzmenko is but if it's better than Beauvillier,  so a 3rd round pick then it would make sense. 

Maybe Kuzmenko is worth a lot more because of his 39 goals last year..  we just don't know what GMs think of him and what they would offer. Maybe there's a Jim Benning out there 🤔 gives us a good player and a 2nd ?? Never know...

Cause the Habs are allergic to not having too many shrimps on their roster.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1