[Rumour] Canucks' - Montreal rumor

17 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

I'm not advocating for the trade. But I'd argue Monahan is a more valuable player than Kuzmenko to a playoff team.  He's a C who is 59% in the faceoff circle, he can play up the lineup and on the pp in case of injury, and hes making less than $2m

Kuzmenko had a good year last season based on an unrepeatable shooting percentage. This year he's in the doghouse due to his defensive play and has seen the press box.  Plus his cap hit is significantly higher at $5+m 

I agree there is too much here that makes sense to just slough it off. The big thing in this is Petey. Kuz is not working out and Petey wants more money. We are also building a playoff team which Monahan is more suited for as he has experience and he is another big body to handle the rigors of playoff hockey.

Petey is not fully acclimated to the center position so Monahan could fill in like Bo and Miller did the last few seasons. 

Monahan could play on Petey's line and fill in on faceoff duties if needed.

Not totally out of the realm of possibilities IMO.

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I don't think we can say that Zad is a 2LD on a CUP contending roster. He will get the chance this spring to show that he is. What is interesting is the d-core assignments once Soucy returns. Has Juulsen nailed down the 3RD spot? Does Cole, Soucy or Zad move to the RD? 

I think it will be Soucy on the left and Cole moving over on the right to play with him (as they did in minny).

I'm happy with the price we paid to get Zadorov and I'm happy with his play. I just shudder when people talk about extending him to a long term high dollar contract that him and his agent are looking for. We can't afford to pay a #5 dman #3 money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I agree there is too much here that makes sense to just slough it off. The big thing in this is Petey. Kuz is not working out and Petey wants more money. We are also building a playoff team which Monahan is more suited for as he has experience and he is another big body to handle the rigors of playoff hockey.

Petey is not fully acclimated to the center position so Monahan could fill in like Bo and Miller did the last few seasons. 

Monahan could play on Petey's line and fill in on faceoff duties if needed.

Not totally out of the realm of possibilities IMO.

Petey is an elite two-way centre. There is zero chance we trade for a Haberdoodle. 

1 minute ago, Coryberg said:

I think it will be Soucy on the left and Cole moving over on the right to play with him (as they did in minny).

I'm happy with the price we paid to get Zadorov and I'm happy with his play. I just shudder when people talk about extending him to a long term high dollar contract that him and his agent are looking for. We can't afford to pay a #5 dman #3 money.

Big Z is a top four. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey is an elite two-way centre. There is zero chance we trade for a Haberdoodle. 

Is he though? Miller has the better faceoff numbers and they both play similar minutes and Miller has more points , so, does that mean Miller is "Elite" too? 

I think Petey needs to get his faceoff percentage over 50% to be in the "Elite" category and I think Miller is our #1 Center ATM.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Is he though? Miller has the better faceoff numbers and they both play similar minutes and Miller has more points , so, does that mean Miller is "Elite" too? 

I think Petey needs to get his faceoff percentage over 50% to be in the "Elite" category and I think Miller is our #1 Center ATM.

Petey is our 1C. He’s one of the best players in the league. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Petey is our 1C. He’s one of the best players in the league. 

I don't know, with Miller's physicality and leadership skills, I would say Miller is ahead of him and then that would mean Petey is not one of the best in the League. I will say though, that he definitely has the "Potential" to be one of the best in the league, although I don't think he is there yet. 

Petey needs to work on strength(especially the legs) and face off prowess. He is getting there ,but I don't think he is quite there yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

I don't know, with Miller's physicality and leadership skills, I would say Miller is ahead of him and then that would mean Petey is not one of the best in the League. I will say though, that he definitely has the "Potential" to be one of the best in the league, although I don't think he is there yet. 

Petey needs to work on strength(especially the legs) and face off prowess. He is getting there ,but I don't think he is quite there yet.

47885A91-E58C-4D11-B77A-A2A6AE3ADBF8.gif.38047f9c905217672c4c37dc9ab63020.gif

17 minutes ago, Tusk said:

And he doesnt look happy like Kuzy. He could work on that. Maybe Pepsi with some scotch.

Scotch always neat. Blasphemy to mix. The empties would demand penance. Alf will drink extra to appease the empties. 🥃

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Scotch always neat. Blasphemy to mix. The empties would demand penance. Alf will drink extra to appease the empties. 🥃

Hold up now, there is still a game tonight to observe 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Big Z is a top four. 

the only stat in Zadorov’s nhl career that suggests he could be top four is 14 goals with Calgary in 22/23 (albeit he still only had 21 points). 

He’s a very good number five guy. Not top four. 

1 hour ago, Dizzle said:

the only stat in Zadorov’s nhl career that suggests he could be top four is 14 goals with Calgary in 22/23 (albeit he still only had 21 points). 

He’s a very good number five guy. Not top four. 

Your opinion is wrong. Big Z is a top four. He’s carrying Myers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Interesting take. I think Petey is in elite category. He produces offensively, and he's very good defensively. He's on pace for 98-99 points. That has to be in the top players in the league. If that's not elite, I'm not sure how you would categorize eliteness. Austin Matthews is an elite goal scorer, but his highest point production season is 106 points. That's not too far off from where Petey produced last season at 102. 

I agree that he needs to work on his strength, and his face-offs. He'll get better in those areas as well. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Your opinion is wrong. Big Z is a top four. He’s carrying Myers. 

Eh. I dunno if Zadorov is a top four defenseman. Are there statistics backing that up? 

47 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

lol Kovacevic is playing left wing right now, WTF hahahah, so much for that top 4 RD with upside 

Uhm what? Kovacevic is not playing wing. Where the hell did you get that?  Also, nobody has described him as anything more than a 3rd pairing D 

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Interesting take. I think Petey is in elite category. He produces offensively, and he's very good defensively. He's on pace for 98-99 points. That has to be in the top players in the league. If that's not elite, I'm not sure how you would categorize eliteness. Austin Matthews is an elite goal scorer, but his highest point production season is 106 points. That's not too far off from where Petey produced last season at 102. 

I agree that he needs to work on his strength, and his face-offs. He'll get better in those areas as well. 

I guess it was more of a "who do we call Elite" when on this team, he is more or less the #2 Center behind Miller who I don't think anyone calls "Elite". He has skills, no doubt, but is he really "Elite". I think Alf also called him an "Elite two way center". I think his face off skills need to be better and he needs to get stronger to be in that category.

With Matthews, I would say he is an Elite goal scorer but is he an Elite Hockey Player? McDavid has more skills then just goal scoring so I would call him more of an Elite Hockey Player. 

Points are fine as a way to measure Eliteness but I have seen more of the one dimensional hockey players get completely shut down in the playoffs so then I wouldn't call them Elite. What good is it if you can score 100 points in the regular season but you get shut down with the tighter checking in the playoffs because your not physical enough or you are too slow as a skater. 

Like I told Alf, he has the potential to be a great Hockey player, I just don't think he is quite there yet. 

8 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Uhm what? Kovacevic is not playing wing. Where the hell did you get that?  Also, nobody has described him as anything more than a 3rd pairing D 

He was taking reps as a winger 

see frank saravelli’s site nhl daily ?

TRADE 1

To ARZ

Nils Hoglander 

Cole McWard 

Aiden Mcdonaugh

(I’d even consider Brusterwicz instead of mcward)

To VAN 

Lawson Crouse 

TRADE 2

To WSH 

Kuzmenko 

To VAN 

Tom Wilson 

Wilson Petey Crouse 

Milky Miller Brock 

Joshua Bluegger Garland 

Aman Suter Lafferty 

35 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

He was taking reps as a winger 

see frank saravelli’s site nhl daily ?

Montreal has been dressing 11 forwards and 7D the past 2 games due to injuries. I'd say the fact that he can slot in for occasional shifts at forward makes him more valuable. He's still a big right shot bottom pairing D. Regardless, this rumour has zero merit and comes from a crap source 

Edited by qwijjibo

17 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

TRADE 1

To ARZ

Nils Hoglander 

Cole McWard 

Aiden Mcdonaugh

(I’d even consider Brusterwicz instead of mcward)

To VAN 

Lawson Crouse 

TRADE 2

To WSH 

Kuzmenko 

To VAN 

Tom Wilson 

Wilson Petey Crouse 

Milky Miller Brock 

Joshua Bluegger Garland 

Aman Suter Lafferty 

Arizona and Washington tell Allvin to pound sand