[Report] Ilya Samsonov, previously waived, recalled by TOR

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

But that's the thing. It's not really clearing anything spacewise, except 1 million. The buyout move was basically meaningless.

What buyout are you talking about? I thought we were talking about the OEL buyout. That buyout saved us 8.5 million and allowed us to spread the 20.5 million cap over 8 years.

3 hours ago, Coryberg said:

What buyout are you talking about? I thought we were talking about the OEL buyout. That buyout saved us 8.5 million and allowed us to spread the 20.5 million cap over 8 years.

The benefits are a wash. We are not off the hook on the salary. They are stuck with the team.

Edit: oops, I was wrong about the OEL buyout.

Edited by PureQuickness

21 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

The benefits are a wash. We are not off the hook on the salary. They are stuck with the team.

A wash? 🤦‍♂️

If we didn't buyout OEL we would have no Soucy, Cole, Blueger or Lafferty.

(OEL 7.26+3 plugs at league min 2.25= $9,510,000)

(OEL buyout 0.147+Soucy 3.25+Cole 3+Blueger 1.9+Lafferty 1.15= $9,447,000)

How much better do you think we would be without those 4 players?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

A wash? 🤦‍♂️

If we didn't buyout OEL we would have no Soucy, Cole, Blueger or Lafferty.

(OEL 7.26+3 plugs at league min 2.25= $9,510,000)

(OEL buyout 0.147+Soucy 3.25+Cole 3+Blueger 1.9+Lafferty 1.15= $9,447,000)

How much better do you think we would be without those 4 players?

Well I misunderstood the cap hit from the buyout. I was under the impression that the OEL contract was buyout proof.

I have been open about loving Lafferty and Blueger. Soucy has been good, but essentially he's a Poolman in that he's been injured and we don't see a whole lot of sample from him. When he's been in the lineup, he's been a significant addition.

31 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Well I misunderstood the cap hit from the buyout. I was under the impression that the OEL contract was buyout proof.

I have been open about loving Lafferty and Blueger. Soucy has been good, but essentially he's a Poolman in that he's been injured and we don't see a whole lot of sample from him. When he's been in the lineup, he's been a significant addition.

I think you had it mixed up with a possible Myers buyout. Buying out his final year would have saved us less than a million dollars overall.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

I think you had it mixed up with a possible Myers buyout. Buying out his final year would have saved us less than a million dollars overall.

Yes, maybe that's where it was from. I'm not really sure. I didn't realize we would actually save much money from an OEL buyout, so I think that's where I erred.

Edited by PureQuickness
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

That would be Myers contract. By the time you replaced Myers with even a league min player after buyout, it would have actually cost us more cap than just playing/paying him this season.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

UPDATE:  Ilya Samsonov has been recalled by the Toronto Maple Leafs.  They obviously want Hildeby to be playing Marlies games since he got rushed up in a desperation move.  With Woll out, they've been riding Jones like a horse.  Between the pipes for back-to-back games.  And now this.

image.png.fade29fce6db082699193a433be8a8e6.png

• Miss Korea changed the title to [Report] Ilya Samsonov, previously waived, recalled by TOR
1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

UPDATE:  Ilya Samsonov has been recalled by the Toronto Maple Leafs.  They obviously want Hildeby to be playing Marlies games since he got rushed up in a desperation move.  With Woll out, they've been riding Jones like a horse.  Between the pipes for back-to-back games.  And now this.

image.png.fade29fce6db082699193a433be8a8e6.png

Interesting that the top 2 on that list were both Washington prospects that Washington gave up on.