Michael McLeod Rumours

49 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

do we actually know 'this'? 

I'm sure Allvin would do his due diligence. These days a GM would be shit canned for not ensuring that a player was vetted properly. He ain't Jimbo. 

Devils forward Michael McLeod, a member of Canada’s 2018 World Junior team that is at the center of four-year-old sexual assault allegations, said he is co-operating in investigations.

After the Devils’ first training camp practice on Thursday, McLeod, 24, finally addressed the alleged incident, but said he wouldn’t comment further. The allegations, which have come to light only recently, have sparked investigations by Canadian police and Hockey Canada.

“I am aware of the situation in 2018 and the investigation and I’ve been cooperative through the entire investigation and process,” McLeod said. “But since it’s still ongoing, I’m unable to comment any further.”

Before his comments on Thursday, McLeod was one of three players on the roster who remained silent, joining Ottawa Senators players Alex Formenton and Drake Batherson –– who also spoke publicly about it on Thursday. NJ Advance Media reached out to McLeod’s agent, Joseph Resnick, multiple times in July but did not receive a response. Global News in Canada also asked Resnick for a statement, but did not hear back.

According to Sportsnet, the accusations “first came to light in May after Hockey Canada settled a lawsuit with a woman who said she was sexually assaulted by eight CHL players, including members of the 2018 World Junior team, in London in June 2018.”

• Cheers 1

Don’t know why everyone is surprised he’s available. He’s underperformed for the most part as a former 12th overall pick. 

Sure he’s good at faceoffs but they clearly expected more out of him. They probably see an opportunity to bolster their offense before his value completely tanks.

I wouldn’t offer more than Hoglander and a mid round pick. That being said I’d be a little weary about whether he was involved in the 2018 assault.

Edited by DeNiro

Just now, Tusk said:

Devils forward Michael McLeod, a member of Canada’s 2018 World Junior team that is at the center of four-year-old sexual assault allegations, said he is co-operating in investigations.

After the Devils’ first training camp practice on Thursday, McLeod, 24, finally addressed the alleged incident, but said he wouldn’t comment further. The allegations, which have come to light only recently, have sparked investigations by Canadian police and Hockey Canada.

“I am aware of the situation in 2018 and the investigation and I’ve been cooperative through the entire investigation and process,” McLeod said. “But since it’s still ongoing, I’m unable to comment any further.”

Before his comments on Thursday, McLeod was one of three players on the roster who remained silent, joining Ottawa Senators players Alex Formenton and Drake Batherson –– who also spoke publicly about it on Thursday. NJ Advance Media reached out to McLeod’s agent, Joseph Resnick, multiple times in July but did not receive a response. Global News in Canada also asked Resnick for a statement, but did not hear back.

According to Sportsnet, the accusations “first came to light in May after Hockey Canada settled a lawsuit with a woman who said she was sexually assaulted by eight CHL players, including members of the 2018 World Junior team, in London in June 2018.”

If someone "cant comment" or did not report in the first place, they are just as guilty. PERIOD. Anyone who even knew about it should be locked up for not sticking up for that woman.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You have no idea if he's involved or what he knew or didn't know.

At least Cale Makar admitted right away he had gotten an email about it and was co-operating. I was trying to figure out how he got off clean on this, and its that one extra statement, he got an email at the time.

35 minutes ago, Tusk said:

At least Cale Makar admitted right away he had gotten an email about it and was co-operating. I was trying to figure out how he got off clean on this, and its that one extra statement, he got an email at the time.

Well, why even bother with an investigation with your detective skills? Just lock those who doesn't want to comment on an issue. :classic_rolleyes:

Take this comment for example:

There are at least a few valid reasons why someone doesn't want to comment on the situation and they may or may not have anything to do with guilt.

If they didn't report it, maybe they don't know, or they don't feel like they have evidence. There have been situations where people who were involved or had knowledge of the events that did not report anything. But trying to play the blame game here is just reckless.

I don't obviously condone sexual assaults and I would prefer that an investigation be allowed to take place without taking a side. Using the word "guilt" is not appropriate at all.

2 hours ago, Tusk said:

If someone "cant comment" or did not report in the first place, they are just as guilty. PERIOD. Anyone who even knew about it should be locked up for not sticking up for that woman.

Edited by PureQuickness
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Well, why even bother with an investigation with your detective skills? Just lock those who doesn't want to comment on an issue. :classic_rolleyes:

Take this comment for example:

There are at least a few valid reasons why someone doesn't want to comment on the situation and they may or may not have anything to do with guilt.

If they didn't report it, maybe they don't know, or they don't feel like they have evidence. There have been situations where people who were involved or had knowledge of the events that did not report anything. But trying to play the blame game here is just reckless.

I don't obviously condone sexual assaults and I would prefer that an investigation be allowed to take place without taking a side. Using the word "guilt" is not appropriate at all.

Thats the issue. You all see 8 exactly identical replies from players that were pre-meditated and approved by lawyers and publicists and you think.... well those stories all match.

So yeah I aint no lawyer. I say shit that I maybe shouldnt. But i can see who is hiding behind a wall of money.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

If Makar's hands are clean then why can't he participate in any Team Canada activities?

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

I don't see the point in guessing anything. We just don't know until the report is released.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't see the point in guessing anything. We just don't know until the report is released.

The worst thing about this is all the good players who were not "involved" but are being treated the same way. for everyone to just stay silent I guess they all drown together. But there was some skill there, and I think Sweden has become my favorite junior team.

• Confused 1

I would wonder why Jersey is considering moving in from him.

Young guy, solid bottom

six player with some upside left, cheap contract, they are in the playoff mix.

His numbers don’t scream huge payday and he is a pending RFA so doesn’t have a lot of leverage.

Blueger ,Suter, Aman, Raty… that is some decent bottom six depth.  I don’t know that he is a player we really need.  A little scrappier, but the investigation baggage is enough to stay away.

Save the trade bullets for a top six power forward type or a top four D.

2 hours ago, Tusk said:

Thats the issue. You all see 8 exactly identical replies from players that were pre-meditated and approved by lawyers and publicists and you think.... well those stories all match.

So yeah I aint no lawyer. I say shit that I maybe shouldnt. But i can see who is hiding behind a wall of money.

What?

• Cheers 1

Capable defensively, but mostly just a face-off expert. Not a bad player for the right price, but not sure how badly we need him, especially now with Suter and Blueger.

14 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So we need to wait until the year 2075?

Rest assured, if the Canucks were to sign him, it would all come out and Canucks would be penalised in a new Luongo (I mean McLeod) rule....

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I wouldn’t trade for him or sign him until that mess isn’t cleared up. The report said 8 players were involved. He was 1 of 4 players not to comment until the very end. Odds are those 4 players are 4 out of 8 involved. I’d rather sign all our guys that are ufa/rfa at the end of this year, keep the team together and keep rolling.