Michael McLeod Rumours

6 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

I wouldn’t trade for him or sign him until that mess isn’t cleared up. The report said 8 players were involved. He was 1 of 4 players not to comment until the very end. Odds are those 4 players are 4 out of 8 involved. I’d rather sign all our guys that are ufa/rfa at the end of this year, keep the team together and keep rolling.

problem with that is, maybe he's following his agents advice. Not defending anything, just prefer to not speculate as we really can't know anything.

For me, I'd assume Allvin got to the bottom of it if a trade was made. If Allvin didn't and it turns out McLeod is one of "the 8" then I'd want Allvin gone for being so stupid. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

problem with that is, maybe he's following his agents advice. Not defending anything, just prefer to not speculate as we really can't know anything.

For me, I'd assume Allvin got to the bottom of it if a trade was made. If Allvin didn't and it turns out McLeod is one of "the 8" then I'd want Allvin gone for being so stupid. 

Either way until he's cleared that is a hard no from me. 

20 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If Makar's hands are clean then why can't he participate in any Team Canada activities?

In Makar's defense he responded immediately that he was not present on this trip and all players from the team are suspended until the conclusion of the investigation.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 2:17 PM, The Duke said:

We have Suter next year for a good amount but Bleuger was just a 1x1.9 and Joshua and Laffrety are also up in UFA.  

Get 'er done Allvin

Edited by RawkDrummer

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

That’s true. I think this management is pretty smart in that regard. They won’t bring someone in with baggage or a bad attitude even if they are a good player. All their draft pick choices exemplify good character too. Nice to finally have a competent front office for once. 

• ThereItIs 1

Rumour debunked. Teams calling about McLeod being told he's not available 

"Nichols clarified his report after the Devils denied they were willing to part with McLeod. While his sources insist there is strong interest in the center, it doesn’t necessarily mean the Devils will trade him" 

8 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

"Nichols clarified his report after the Devils denied they were willing to part with McLeod. While his sources insist there is strong interest in the center, it doesn’t necessarily mean the Devils will trade him" 

I’ve always thought maybe agents spread rumours themselves so the players current team panics and signs them to an extension. Not hard to do in the age of the internet. Or if nothing else it gets other teams thinking maybe they should sign the player in free agency because other teams showed interest.

Maybe contract talks have stalled between the player and org. I think he is on pace at the moment for around 35-40 points, so that would be a career high. Perhaps he's asking for too much for NJ's plan and makes sense to move him now. 

If I was Van I'd hold off on offering anything big unless you were sure you could sign him. 

On 1/1/2024 at 2:17 PM, The Duke said:

Peripheral distractions aside, this is the the kind of potential “long term upgrade”  I’d like the see Allvin pursue.  

Younger RHC that we can hopefully lock up for a reasonable rate. 

We have Suter next year for a good amount but Bleuger was just a 1x1.9 and Joshua and Laffrety are also up in UFA.  

An RFA C with cost certainty would go a long way. 

sure. but the question is what would it cost to acquire such a player. 

On 1/2/2024 at 12:03 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

He's not allowed to participate.  You don't think Makar wants to play for Team Canada anymore?  

You really make posts with little to no knowledge do you? 

“Earlier this year, Hockey Canada made a decision that until the investigation and adjudicative process of the alleged incident in 2018 are complete, no players from the 2018 National Junior Team will be considered for participation for Team Canada,”

7 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Sure. And we believe that craperolla. The Sens are trying to dumperoo their room cancer. And everyone knows why, 

55 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

You really make posts with little to no knowledge do you? 

“Earlier this year, Hockey Canada made a decision that until the investigation and adjudicative process of the alleged incident in 2018 are complete, no players from the 2018 National Junior Team will be considered for participation for Team Canada,”

That quote says exactly what I said that you quoted.  He’s not allowed to participate.  My exact words.  What part of what you posted is any different than what I said? 

On 1/1/2024 at 4:12 PM, Bob Long said:

do we actually know 'this'? 

I'm sure Allvin would do his due diligence. These days a GM would be shit canned for not ensuring that a player was vetted properly. He ain't Jimbo. 

Tell that to Don Sweeney and Cam Neely for signing Mitchell Miller and basically giving him nearly a million dollars for supposedly not vetting him properly. Oh they're both still employed btw.

41 minutes ago, Theo5789 said:

Tell that to Don Sweeney and Cam Neely for signing Mitchell Miller and basically giving him nearly a million dollars for supposedly not vetting him properly. Oh they're both still employed btw.

Because Boston I suppose.

On 1/1/2024 at 5:52 PM, King Heffy said:

Doubt it considering the selection of the coach.  This management group has serious character issues and has shown a willingness to disgrace the franchise in the past.

If you were truly as upset over Tocchet and JR's past as you claim to be, you would delete your account and cheer for different team.

Just saying.  Think about it.....

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

If you were truly as upset over Tocchet and JR's past as you claim to be, you would delete your account and cheer for different team.

Just saying.  Think about it.....

I seriously considered it.  You weren't around for Keenan, were you?

17 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I seriously considered it.  You weren't around for Keenan, were you?

I was. That era sucked balls, man! For us to hire him and Mess? What a f*ckin' mess! (Pun intended!) However. I stuck with 'em. Anywho................

"The Sens are trying to dumperoo their room cancer. And everyone knows why,"

I know what the deal is regarding this quote and it seems McLeod be in the same boat. A few bad eggs. I get it. 

This is an opportunity to get someone of good talent on the cheap though, no? Could their baggage sting us later? I dunno. I know Kane had baggage; certainly not of this ilk, but it worked out for the Coilers. Just sayin'.............

2 hours ago, Sativika said:

I was. That era sucked balls, man! For us to hire him and Mess? What a f*ckin' mess! (Pun intended!) However. I stuck with 'em. Anywho................

"The Sens are trying to dumperoo their room cancer. And everyone knows why,"

I know what the deal is regarding this quote and it seems McLeod be in the same boat. A few bad eggs. I get it. 

This is an opportunity to get someone of good talent on the cheap though, no? Could their baggage sting us later? I dunno. I know Kane had baggage; certainly not of this ilk, but it worked out for the Coilers. Just sayin'.............

Look how the Oilers are doing this season.  Maybe bringing in a locker room cancer wasn't such a good idea.  Think of how much damage trading for a rapist would do to the organization's reputation.

17 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Look how the Oilers are doing this season.  Maybe bringing in a locker room cancer wasn't such a good idea.  Think of how much damage trading for a rapist would do to the organization's reputation.

They took a gamble on Kane. Is it not working out? I don't know what's going on with the Oiler, which is why I'm asking.