[GDT] Around the NHL [January 2024]

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Devils are a bunch of smurfs who play 1980’s hockey. If Tocchet was their coach they would all be in the press box. That team has zero pushback and will never win the Stanley Cup. 

How things have changed. Used to be a rough team to play against a ways back.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Didn't look like a dirty hit to me. Just unfortunate.

Didn't look like much of a hit either. More a coming together. A fractured jaw from it? Sheesh. 4 to 6 weeks out as well? Don't players just put a full cage and go about it with face injuries?

14 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Devils are a bunch of smurfs who play 1980’s hockey. If Tocchet was their coach they would all be in the press box. That team has zero pushback and will never win the Stanley Cup. 

And yet they beat the Canucks the last game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Didn't look like a dirty hit to me. Just unfortunate.

Wow Brendan Smith you have literally taken out two of Chicago's best players with one hit.  It's like his own version of the Double Dion.

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Reverse depth ? Yikes. Connor; You would be better somewhere else. I got just the place..🤣

The active roster has a cap hit of $32M while the IR players have a cap hit of $35M.  The Blackhawks are quite literally icing a full AHL squad at this point.

29 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Didn't look like much of a hit either. More a coming together. A fractured jaw from it? Sheesh. 4 to 6 weeks out as well? Don't players just put a full cage and go about it with face injuries?

Gary Bettman's worst fears have been realized.  Bedard is going to miss the ASG.  Smith is gonna get whacked by one of Bettman's hitmen.

Jets first over all in league today.
Who else is shocked they were this good? I figured they would be a bubble team. 

43 minutes ago, Rekker said:

That Philly team is old school baby. No way we beat a team like that, and well, we didn't even come close. 

I think of all teams, this is the measuring stick for our playoff chances. We have to be far better at dealing with a physical team than we are right now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Jets first over all in league today.
Who else is shocked they were this good? I figured they would be a bubble team. 

I expected more out of them last year tbh. I wonder if Dubois was a black cloud hanging over them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Reverse depth ? Yikes. Connor; You would be better somewhere else. I got just the place..🤣

With all those guys on IR, does Chicago have any actual NHLers left on their roster?

7 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

as they politely shake hands at the end of the game....  NOT !!!!!

Win or lose, playoffs or not, your team is never in a good mood for long with Torts behind the bench.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Diamonds said:

With all those guys on IR, does Chicago have any actual NHLers left on their roster?

All by design if they want another hit off that sweet sweet draft lotto luck.

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Oilers 7th win in a row after an 8 game win streak prior to this one.. 

In a playoff spot now.. 

It's lining up for a first round series, if we can't catch the Jets.