[GDT] Around the NHL [January 2024]

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Oof. The Whorefat Islanders are more broken. Losers gonna bring losing. 

Yeah, but the Islanders struggling isn't as much of a surprise.

9 minutes ago, Slegr said:

How do Oilers get away with hosting the Leafs on local time and not eastern time? Must be nice.

I'm guessing the reason is, it's on a work day.

We always get the Leafs on a Saturday, so they can make us suffer the early start.

Wonder what the odds are for Keefe keeping his job after this road trip. Granted, Oilers are on a tear, but blowing a 2 goal lead, well... Leafs and blowing just kinda go together, I guess.

If they go O-fer, he could be done.

• Thanks 1

You guys are trashing Evan Bouchard but he has been putting together an all-star season ever since Woodcroft got fired.  He's even started to figure things out defensively.

image.png.9dfeca76eda0f282d0e46e6d72bc2c8b.png

Naturally, they signed him to a bridge deal so the Oilers are gonna get crunched in a couple years.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Oilers hate or not, you don't win eleven in a row by getting lucky

What the Oil have done to climb out if their hole is really impressive 

They're gonna get one of the divisional spots, we have to be careful not to have many losing streaks down the stretch 

6 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

You guys are trashing Evan Bouchard but he has been putting together an all-star season ever since Woodcroft got fired.  He's even started to figure things out defensively.

image.png.9dfeca76eda0f282d0e46e6d72bc2c8b.png

Naturally, they signed him to a bridge deal so the Oilers are gonna get crunched in a couple years.

FA8A189A-BE8E-41D7-AC90-10069DD53AAC.gif.6ade2762cefb6503479a9e2984dffeb5.gif

11 in a row or not, I still don't see these guys being actual playoff threats. They have no depth, a pretty slim defense, and very unpredictable goaltending. It's honestly a really weird team and until they get more depth and actual quality players besides the 4 main guys they have on their team, I'm not worried about facing them in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1