[GDT] Around the NHL [January 2024]

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Vegas and LA should be nervous, Oil stars are driving them up the standings

Every week I've been posting this but now it's really happening

image.png.cb52c1bc5ca586f595159c4b4450c4b6.png

image.png.c5b26b6a1bd339bb7b6ce273e5b368ad.png

Those fuckers just came back from another 2-goal deficit.  They have now not given up more than 2 goals in their last ten games.

Guess Sheldon will keep his job.

How Vladar gets 3rd star letting in 4 goals on close to 30 shots, I have no idea, although I only watched enough to see the cowpokes go up 2-0

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

Guess Sheldon will keep his job.

How Vladar gets 3rd star letting in 4 goals on close to 30 shots, I have no idea, although I only watched enough to see the cowpokes go up 2-0

It seems he was the only Flames player who showed up in the 3rd period.  Stood on his head and gave his team a fighting chance to come back.  All of that despite the 4 goals.  That's coming from Leafs and Flames fans.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

Showed Mrs Alf some of Petey’s highlights, including his hard on puck play and she even said that’s Dave Keon. I wonder, sometimes reading posts on our fan forum, if Canuck fans actually realize just how special Petey is? 

Keon was before my time, wasn't he a smaller guy too? 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

It seems he was the only Flames player who showed up in the 3rd period.  Stood on his head and gave his team a fighting chance to come back.  All of that despite the 4 goals.  That's coming from Leafs and Flames fans.

Musta been some good saves, as 4 goals on 33 shots isn't remarkable.

Too bad, I was hoping for another disappointing game for the Leafs when I saw Calgary go up quickly.  But, maybe this makes it easier on our guys tomorrow, as the Leafs may be less desperate.

5 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Keon was before my time, wasn't he a smaller guy too? 

Wikipedia shows him at 5'9", 163.  

I barely remember him, and sure wasn't aware he was a little-un.  Did have some of his hockey cards, waaay back when.

Alf's got at least a decade on me, and Leaf fan in the family, so I'm sure he's got a clearer picutre of his play... unless the empties have taken their toll.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

McDavid got away with a crosscheck off the faceoff, but hot foots it away from Gourde while going up ice. Gourde gives up about twenty pounds and 5 inches. Bloody coward!

Could the Oilers coach be a dark horse for the Jack Adams if the Oil can keep it up? 

Oilers are 22-6-0 since firing Jay Woodcroft on November 12

Oilers in a post Jay Woodcroft world:

.786 P% (2nd)

109 GF (3rd)

70 GA (3rd)

3.89 GF/GP (1st)

2.50 GA/GP (4th)

26.7 PP% (6th)

88.2 PK% (2nd)

Stuart Skinner is .920% / 2.21GAA + 2 SOs

12 game winning streak (and counting)

Wouldn't have thought Mittlestadt would be available, but he's a pending RFA who should be getting quite a bag 

59 in 82 last season, 39 in 45 this season, 26 in November

Wonder what they'd be asking for if he actually ends up being available 

Just shy of tying Orr

Him and Hughes are neck and neck with 53 points apiece, although Hughes has played 4 more games 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

Mac keeps on trucking despite the Avs being banged up, I hope this is the season he finally wins a Hart or Art Ross

One of the most entertaining players in the league, up to 77 points in 47 games now if I'm not mistaken, which overtakes Kucherov 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Roy won't take any crap from the players.

Bo can tell you that for free. 

He yelled at Demko for doing his ritual dance before a game.  Demko never did that again. 

Edited by Jaimito