[GDT] Around the NHL [January 2024]

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Hughes controls the game like only a small few before. Benning was a bad GM but he did draft Quinn and then sign him to a fantastic contract. 

Benning got lucky that Detroit shit the  bed and drafted Zadina first. So I really don’t give credit to Benning for drafting Hughes. Even Maggie the Monkey could have drafted Hughes. 

Giving Benning credit for drafting Hughes is the same as giving credit to the Edmonton GM for drafting McDavid. Also, we only had the ability to even draft Hughes because our team was so shitty in 2017. Not sure GM’s should be getting credit for drafting star players at the top of the draft when the only reason they can be drafted is because you were one of the worst teams in the NHL the year prior. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Benning got lucky that Detroit shit the  bed and drafted Zadina first. So I really don’t give credit to Benning for drafting Hughes. Even Maggie the Monkey could have drafted Hughes. 

Giving Benning credit for drafting Hughes is the same as giving credit to the Edmonton GM for drafting McDavid. Also, we only had the ability to even draft Hughes because our team was so shitty in 2017. Not sure GM’s should be getting credit for drafting star players at the top of the draft when the only reason they can be drafted is because you were one of the worst teams in the NHL the year prior. 

Benning passed over Tkatchuk for Juiolevi. Thank heavens Detroit was equally as inept. I’m sure the Sabres would like a do over from that draft. There’s a reason why the Sabres stink. And it’s Dahlin. 

Really hard to believe the Penguins 5 places out of the wild card spot (despite them having 1 or 2 games in hand with the next 5 team ahead of the. ) yet they have +15 in Goal differential basically the same as the 1st place in their division (NYR)

28 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Really hard to believe the Penguins 5 places out of the wild card spot (despite them having 1 or 2 games in hand with the next 5 team ahead of the. ) yet they have +15 in Goal differential basically the same as the 1st place in their division (NYR)

Cant wait Cracks and Laffs game

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The drama from TO will be Soap Opera intense if they lose tonight. 

I was disappointed they didn’t fire Queef and replace him with Boudreau today as I predicted.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Like I said, lots of season left, just under half a season

Clearly Hughes is the best of these two generational D this season. Really, no other D man (outside of these two) should be in the Norris conversation for the next decade. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Clearly Hughes is the best of these two generational D this season. Really, no other D man (outside of these two) should be in the Norris conversation for the next decade. 

Hard to say, Dobson could garner Norris votes himself 

All it takes is a larger injury to derail a Norris season, shit happens 

Just now, Coconuts said:

Hard to say, Dobson could garner Norris votes himself 

All it takes is a larger injury to derail a Norris season, shit happens 

Dobson isn’t in the same league eith Hughes and Makar. There just ain’t no one else. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Dobson isn’t in the same league eith Hughes and Makar. There just ain’t no one else. 

I'd argue Heiskanen isn't too far behind when healthy, but he doesn't have a ton of help in Dallas

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dom said:

Horvat GWG in OT. Boy oh boy would he look good as our 2C. I know I know, no Hronek without him being moved. 

Go fish in another pond. We got Hronek for The Fat Wallet. Islanders will miss the playoffs. We have Hronek and will win the Cup! F - The Fat Wallet. And I’ll tell you that for free. Vancouver hater. 
15B8420B-D79C-4031-BD26-D0F806A18A91.gif.3534ddd232e2862d3253a67f8edc3a94.gif

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Go fish in another pond. We got Hronek for The Fat Wallet. Islanders will miss the playoffs. We have Hronek and will win the Cup! F - The Fat Wallet. And I’ll tell you that for free. Vancouver hater. 
15B8420B-D79C-4031-BD26-D0F806A18A91.gif.3534ddd232e2862d3253a67f8edc3a94.gif

Drink another one buddy, far from a hater lol

• Cheers 1