[GDT] Around the NHL [January 2024]

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He's popping off big time in his contract year

Not sure how they'll make things fit

A significant portion of Bertuzzi's cap (5.5m) can go towards Nylander. They also have Domi (3m) and Brodie (5m) expiring.

I think the Panthers will be in tougher with Reinhart. They also have Montour and Forsling expiring who will need raises, and they don't have any big contracts coming off the books.

Edited by Master Mind

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

A significant portion of Bertuzzi's cap (5.5m) can go towards Nylander. They also have Domi (3m) and Brodie (5m) expiring.

I think the Panthers will be in tougher with Reinhart. They also have Montour and Forsling expiring who will need raises, and they don't have any big contracts coming off the books.

Panthers are def in tough, lots of players due to re-up and no easy ways to open up significant cap

They'll likely suffer the fate of other competitive teams who don't win it all and lose someone good, although they do have the Florida and tax factors going for them

20 hours ago, 24K said:

Man the Oilers pretty much clawed their way back into the playoffs. 

Gilonna suck having to deal with McDrai again. 

It was so odd to see so many Canucks fans writing them off after 20 games. 

Knew we hadn't heard the last of them. 

terminator 2 reaction s GIF

13 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

I don't like Anaheim but they're getting fucking shafted by the refs. Ticky tacky calls left and right.

Gotta get the Leafs to overtime again.  Bettman point champs.

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Gotta get the Leafs to overtime again.  Bettman point champs.

Well, mission success I guess. I feel bad for Anaheim's goalie. Also, Zegras is fucking useless. He's not a star. 

It's crazy, Leafs have as many wins in regulation as the Ottawa Senators.  One team will easily make the playoffs, the other could be in the running for Celebrini.

3 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

It was so odd to see so many Canucks fans writing them off after 20 games. 

Knew we hadn't heard the last of them. 

terminator 2 reaction s GIF

On 1/2/2024 at 8:40 PM, 24K said:

Man the Oilers pretty much clawed their way back into the playoffs. 

Gilonna suck having to deal with McDrai again. 

Ya, they had 2 wins in their first 12, then at the end of Nov/early Dec. they rattled off 8 wins in a row.

McD is steering this ship and they could very well make the playoffs, and McD win the Ross

(and then fizzle out like a wet fart in round 1) 😆

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Well, mission success I guess. I feel bad for Anaheim's goalie. Also, Zegras is fucking useless. He's not a star. 

I agree with a lot your posts J. Never been a fan of Zegras the Hilight. 

Edited by Rekker
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Why is it odd? 

Exact same team as last year which got 50 wins.  They know how to get things done in the regular season.  They're not half bad in the playoffs either - losing two years in a row to the eventual cup winners is tough.

9 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Big hit for the Wild

This was a crazy segment to listen to.  Botterill is 100% right here.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Exact same team as last year which got 50 wins.  They know how to get things done in the regular season.  They're not half bad in the playoffs either - losing two years in a row to the eventual cup winners is tough.

This was a crazy segment to listen to.  Botterill is 100% right here.

Yea but it's Edmonton so they suck. Suck pucks as our friend says.

13 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Why is it odd? 

because we all know oilers have bad defence/goalie but mcdavid will score his way to the post season.. his slump and the teams shooting % was never going to stay at like 7-8% none of those wild card teams pulled away during their first 20 games so it was inevitable.

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

because we all know oilers have bad defence/goalie but mcdavid will score his way to the post season.. his slump and the teams shooting % was never going to stay at like 7-8% none of those wild card teams pulled away during their first 20 games so it was inevitable.

Yeah but it's Mcbaby. Screw him. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yeah but it's Mcbaby. Screw him. 

i agree but i wonder if Bedard turns into a similar player as mcdavid eventually and whines/complains about everything.. are we going to say the same thing though? lol i mean it's very possible with how the current generation is raised.