[GDT] Around the NHL [January 2024]

14 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That's a tough blow for a Philly team that looks like they could be a dark horse out East 

They're fortunate Ersson has been playing well, gotta wonder who backs him up though

Looks like Cal Petersen.

Could be coincidence, but have to wonder with both Hart and Dube taking leaves of absence, if this has anything to do with 2018.

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Looks like Cal Petersen.

Could be coincidence, but have to wonder with both Hart and Dube taking leaves of absence, if this has anything to do with 2018.

Hard to say, I'm not holding my breath as far as that investigation goes. 

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Ryan Reaves apparently is ready to go.  Leafs fans on the other hand have a different idea.  It's called waivers...   🤣

That or like one of their three 2024 5th round picks to Chicago for future considerations

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

It's a big gap but they've played five fewer games than us and Vegas

Van 68 in 47

Vegas 60 in 47

Edmonton 53 in 42

Short of us going on a losing streak there's not much to worry about, but they could absolutely catch Vegas while Eichel is out

All three teams look to have similarly challenging schedules over the second half, Edmonton might have a slightly easier list of opponents but not by much

The real question mark is whether LA can rebound, their roster should be performing better than it has been, even their loss last night was more about Kahkonen standing on his head than anything

Saved 44/47, San Jose has 20 fewer shots

Gotta wonder whether LA looks to bolster it's tending at some point

that depends on how ou look at it.. we have the 3rd hardest schedule remaining in the league by point%. oilers have the 20th. 17 of the final 35 is against the top teams colorado dallas vegas la edmonton carolina winnipeg boston.. if we look a little further 30 of the 35 games are against teams that are in a playoff spot or still have a shot at playoff. edmonton only have 29 games vs teams that are still in the hunt or in a playoff spot even though they still have 40 games to go and only 14 of those against the top tier teams i've listed earlier.. based on the schedule alone.. it's not that hard to think edmonton won't be able to make up 6 points.. it all depends on how we do in the next month.. the schedule all of a sudden gets really tough.. are the canucks still going to be able to maintain their insane shooting %. if i'm a betting man i would say no because we are shooting at well above the league high in the last like 10+ years there's like couple season of 12% ish.. majority is 11.5 and below we are at like 13.5% or something.. we are bound to have a regression at some point it's just a matter of when and how much.. and hopefully it's against the weaker teams and not the strong teams so we can still win with low shooting %

• Cheers 1

Ethan Bear scratched in Washington. His corsi and other advanced stats have not been good. I feel that we dodged a bullet but don't want to be hard on him since he is coming back from surgery.

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Kevlar said:

Ethan Bear scratched in Washington. His corsi and other advanced stats have not been good. I feel that we dodged a bullet but don't want to be hard on him since he is coming back from surgery.

We all knew this. It will take him the rest of the year just to fully recover. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Ryan Reaves apparently is ready to go.  Leafs fans on the other hand have a different idea.  It's called waivers...   🤣

The next Oiler

• Haha 2

Blues, Calgary... please hockey gods, have the Flames go up 5-0, chase Binky out of the game, and then have the Blues win 6-5 after a nice hard fought game.

Is that too greedy?

Anyone else out there that thinks that Patrick Roy looks like (Ferris Bueller's best bud) Cameron Frye's dimwitted brother?

And just cuz I like him so much (not!), let's have a classic Roy moment

Edited by Kragar
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Horfat Wallet loses again. 😁

So much for the new coach bump!

Guess 1 win was all Roy was good for.  When management decides to dump his ass and show him the door, they better make sure he doesn't take it with him:hurhur:

• ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, Dom said:

Pretty sure they'll hit 15. I predict they lose to the Preds on Saturday afternoon. 

Crazy how those 3Ws we had against EDM earlier this season are becoming crucial now.

Had EDM won those 3 games, they'd have 61points in 43 games VS our 62 points in 47 games. What a swing!

• Upvote 1