[GDT] Around the NHL [January 2024]

18 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Nashville has outplayed them in this one honestly.

Skinner has been really good. Between some great saves, 4 posts, & a few missed open nets they could have 6 goals.

I hope they're just peaking and riding on momentum right now, then back to earth when playoff comes...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, LucBourdon28 said:

Oilers are going to be a problem come playoffs

Coilers will lose in round one and McWhiner Baby and Dryercycle will pout like the loser doodles they are. And Bouchard will milk a cow and again get kicked in the head. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, LucBourdon28 said:

Edmonton Oilers 2023-2024 Stanley Cup champs

Idk, but they'll get their shot at it which is impressive given the hole they dug for themselves early on

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

So what? Doesn't make the Oil run any less impressive 

It's not to me.  Nux are more impressive. Remember they are the cup favorites everyone was saying in the off-season. 

10 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Nux 9-1-2 in Jan.  So they gained 2 pt.  

lol they technically gained 4 points because we dropped 4 points.. if they win all the games in hand.. they'll just be 4 points back of the canucks.. no one would have seen that coming in november when they were like 20 points back.. i think we can assume they won't win all their remaining game in the schedule.. but let say if they only end up with maybe 5-8 more loss the rest of the way.. move over torts and tocchet.. knob is gonna win the jack adam

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

lol they technically gained 4 points because we dropped 4 points.. if they win all the games in hand.. they'll just be 4 points back of the canucks.. no one would have seen that coming in november when they were like 20 points back.. i think we can assume they won't win all their remaining game in the schedule.. but let say if they only end up with maybe 5-8 more loss the rest of the way.. move over torts and tocchet.. knob is gonna win the jack adam

Not worried.  Nux will win the div. 

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

So what? Doesn't make the Oil run any less impressive 

Exactly.  I doubt the oilers lose more than 8 games the rest of the way.  They've got an easy schedule for the rest of the way.  They'll likely pass the Canucks, who have one of the hardest

Oilers

Van

Vegas

LA

16 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

It's not to me.  Nux are more impressive. Remember they are the cup favorites everyone was saying in the off-season. 

Hmm, that's a fair point, the expectations were different

But few thought they had a chance at digging their way out, it's impressive that they have

We've seen over the last couple seasons how tough that is to do

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

Exactly.  I doubt the oilers lose more than 8 games the rest of the way.  They've got an easy schedule for the rest of the way.  They'll likely pass the Canucks, who have one of the hardest

Oilers

Van

Vegas

LA

It's possible, we'd need to slump though imo

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Hmm, that's a fair point, the expectations were different

But few thought they had a chance at digging their way out, it's impressive that they have

We've seen over the last couple seasons how tough that is to do

It's possible, we'd need to slump though imo

Canucks have the 5ty hardest schedule left, oilers the 18th.  Once games in hand is caught up, the oilers aren't actually that far back oc van

2 hours ago, Wing said:

I hope they're just peaking and riding on momentum right now, then back to earth when playoff comes...

Yep, this is still January, they are peaking right now, but it is 2.5 month until playoffs and Oilers run will be done by then. I think , they will start loosing again after all star break