[GDT] Around the NHL [January 2024]

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The smelly Coilers are headed for a big fall. Too many puck sucker dough heads. 

The have one of the easier schedules for the rest of the year.  If they stay healthy they're not going to lose many from here on out

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

The have one of the easier schedules for the rest of the year.  If they stay healthy they're not going to lose many from here on out

F the Soilers. Their city stinks and their fans are puck suckers. 

• Cheers 1

On 1/26/2024 at 3:20 PM, qwijjibo said:

4 games is not 41 games.  Not even close 

4 playoff games is a hell of a lot more significant than 4 season games.

41 season games for gambling is a SERIOUS punishment. I think a hit like that is worthy of something like this.

• ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

4 playoff games is a hell of a lot more significant than 4 season games.

41 season games for gambling is a SERIOUS punishment. I think a hit like that is worthy of something like this.

You can think that. But the fact remains that there's no precedent for giving a 41 game suspension for a hit like that.  Your Rome example isn't remotely close and Pinto situation has no baring on it.  In fact the players association helped negotiate the pinto suspension. 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, stawns said:

Exactly.  I doubt the oilers lose more than 8 games the rest of the way.  They've got an easy schedule for the rest of the way.  They'll likely pass the Canucks, who have one of the hardest

Oilers

Van

Vegas

LA

63FFE88C-F02B-4AE7-A6BC-6E18F4F063F1.gif.ee2779b99a4edba666441d48b286e778.gif

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kings lose again and continue to fall. Soon to be out of the playoffs. 🤣

This scares me actually especially if Canucks win the Pacific and Kings drop the 1st wildcard slot. Kopitar and Doughty are still dangerous veterans. 

And looking at their game log 7 of their 12 losses this month were one goal games. A bounce here or there could be the difference from being 2-7-5 this month to maybe 6-5-3 

56 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

This scares me actually especially if Canucks win the Pacific and Kings drop the 1st wildcard slot. Kopitar and Doughty are still dangerous veterans. 

And looking at their game log 7 of their 12 losses this month were one goal games. A bounce here or there could be the difference from being 2-7-5 this month to maybe 6-5-3 

We would demolish the Kings. Like you point out their two best players are old and decrepit. Their younger guys are selfish puck suckers. Easy sweeparoo for us.