[GDT] Around the NHL [January 2024]

Just now, OldFaithfulcap said:

Little late, hitting a rookie, scott stevens approves.

He got hit as he was moving the puck to the side. The hit was committed to and being thrown when he had the puck. Expect and be prepared to be hit when you're trying to skate through 4 guys crossing the blueline.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

lots of payback

Now that was a penalty. Hischier passes it back, and that guy goes to pass, and then Hischier gets dumped.

Rough game, sure plays into our hands

Surprised the Devils didn't do anything about it at the time.

Edited by Kragar
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

Now that was a penalty. Hischier passes it back, and that guy goes to pass, and then Hischier gets dumped.

Game is going long tooIMG_4314.thumb.jpeg.89260902b0e7e564e24727c351664332.jpeg

• ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Looking at the box score, I don't think that was called.

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

When you fuck with a generational talent expect to get lots of payback. If Smith took out Petey like that I would expect every New Jersey star player to get the same treatment. If you have enough balls to hit the star players in the league then you should expect to get hit back twice as hard. 

That’s how it was back in the old days. Now guys like Crosby are put out with cheap shots all the time. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

When you fuck with a generational talent expect to get lots of payback. If Smith took out Petey like that I would expect every New Jersey star player to get the same treatment. If you have enough balls to hit the star players in the league then you should expect to get hit back twice as hard. 

That’s how it was back in the old days. Now guys like Crosby are put out with cheap shots all the time. 

If that happens tomorrow to Petey I expect every defensman over 6.2 to get game misconducts. even if the rest of game is just Hughes and Heronik.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Looking at the box score, I don't think that was called.

It should have been called. I should have put "that" in italics to make my point clearer. The hit on Bedard was perfectly clean. The one on Hischier was not. Blatant interference in a game where the refs are calling everything, even things that aren't.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I don't know their lineup, but it's sad that no one stepped up.  Seen enough of that with our team in recent past years.

First of all, IT WAS BEDARD WHO GOT HIT and left the game.

The rest of the game, Chicago kept loosing guys WHO WERE STANDING UP TO NJ! 

26 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I hear ya. I'm not surprised the hit happened, I'm just saying it should have been called.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

It should have been called. I should have put "that" in italics to make my point clearer. The hit on Bedard was perfectly clean. The one on Hischier was not. Blatant interference in a game where the refs are calling everything, even things that aren't.

Clean hit or not clean hit, YOU HIT THE STAR PLAYER IT IS OPEN SEASON BUDDY.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

First of all, IT WAS BEDARD WHO GOT HIT and left the game.

The rest of the game, Chicago kept loosing guys WHO WERE STANDING UP TO NJ! 

I know Bedard got hit. Cleanly.

I get that Chicago will want to do something about it, and I don't fault them for taking some liberties. All I am saying is that the hit in Hischier was an obvious penalty. And no one from the Devils did anything about it at the time, when Hischier could have been hurt on the play.

Hawks went after Smith right away on the Bedard hit. No such response from the Devils at that time.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Clean hit or not clean hit, YOU HIT THE STAR PLAYER IT IS OPEN SEASON BUDDY.

Did I say otherwise?

Read the posts before going off halfcocked.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I know Bedard got hit. Cleanly.

I get that Chicago will want to do something about it, and I don't fault them for taking some liberties. All I am saying is that the hit in Hischier was an obvious penalty. And no one from the Devils did anything about it at the time, when Hischier could have been hurt on the play.

Hawks went after Smith right away on the Bedard hit. No such response from the Devils at that time.

The Devils are a bunch of smurfs who play 1980’s hockey. If Tocchet was their coach they would all be in the press box. That team has zero pushback and will never win the Stanley Cup. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

34 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Devils are a bunch of smurfs who play 1980’s hockey. If Tocchet was their coach they would all be in the press box. That team has zero pushback and will never win the Stanley Cup. 

Did Alf hack your account?

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hope that bodes well for tomorrow :towel:

• ThereItIs 1