[GDT] Around the NHL [January 2024]

3 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

It's lining up for a first round series, if we can't catch the Jets.  

More than half the regular season still left to play..

No idea how it'll end.  Possible 1st round matchups is something to start discussing with 5 games to go in the season. 

Long ways to go. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

More than half the regular season still left to play..

No idea how it'll end.  Possible 1st round matchups is something to start discussing with 5 games to go in the season. 

Long ways to go. 

No kidding. There’s no guarantee we hold top spot in the Pacific for the rest of the season.

And with the way that Edmonton is rolling, and with both Vegas and LA looking less strong, I wouldn’t be surprised if Edmonton caught one of them. But they could also have an injury and go the other way.

All that said, I’d rather play Edmonton than Vegas.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

The Sens are terrible again. Who could we pluck from their club that’s any good, excluding BT? 

The only pending UFAs of note are Tarasenko and Kubalik. Don’t think either are what we are looking for. Ideally we acquire someone who can play center for whenever we put the Lotto line back together.

And I’d be wary of going after any of their highly touted young players. If Ottawa decides to trade one, it will be because they know their players well, and see that one as part of the problem.

59 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

So much for the games in hand talk by some media pundits.  LAK can win all of them after tonight and still won't catch Nux.  

Every Kings’ player was on the wrong side of their man on that goal. Not one of them could keep their check from getting to net front. As a result their goalie had to fight through multiple levels of screens. That’s the sign of a hired club, both mentally and physically. Kings will fall back a lot now they’re into a tough stretch in their schedule. 

Edited by Alflives

The PLD trade is starting to not look very good for the Kings. They paid a hefty price to get him and just Vilardi alone has outperformed PLD point per game so far. PLD might eventually break out at some point, but hard to bet on that to happen this year.

3 hours ago, Jaimito said:

So much for the games in hand talk by some media pundits.  LAK can win all of them after tonight and still won't catch Nux.  

Thank you Caps, but man I can't stand that PbP's voice.

24 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Jack Edwards needs to be put to pasture

OMG, I actually feel sorry for the guy.

NESN should be ashamed

On 1/7/2024 at 2:53 PM, Jaimito said:

Speaking of the All-Star game, Canucks are doing pretty well in the fan voting.

Demmer killing it in the goalie vote....