[GDT] Around the NHL [January 2024]

19 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

As someone who has never liked the offside challenge, I think he makes a fair point.

If the call isn't obvious right away, it was likely inconsequential. We don't see reviews for a missed tripping call that led to a goal, or several other types of calls.

All this because the league doesn't want another Matt Duchene offside goal going viral.

Maybe but I wouldn't want to see a situation determine who wins the SC. None the less; Plenty of offside calls are correct, many are not. How many of us have always

wanted a rule whereas a overhead camera leaves no debate.

Please explain to me why the laffs are preferred time slots for games.

January 20th is being played 7pm eastern in Vancouver. 

Thier center of the universe bs needs to stop. Dislike the Laffs more than any other team in the league. Spoiled, conceded , over priced Betman alloted pricks!

Edited by snowman955
Fkn mad

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

As someone who has never liked the offside challenge, I think he makes a fair point.

If the call isn't obvious right away, it was likely inconsequential. We don't see reviews for a missed tripping call that led to a goal, or several other types of calls.

All this because the league doesn't want another Matt Duchene offside goal going viral.

He does make a fair point. If it were OT, sure, make sure it's right because that's two points or a playoff win on the line, but the spirit of the challenge should be to try their best to get obvious miscalls corrected, not enact a lengthy process during regular time. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

Thier center of the universe bs needs to stop. Dislike the Laffs more than any other team in the league. Spoiled, conceded , over priced Betman alloted pricks!

To maximize viewership 

On 1/11/2024 at 5:44 PM, Sophomore Jinx said:

Ducks' Trevor Zegras expected to be sidelined 6 to 8 weeks after breaking left ankle

Recent trade rumours can be put on hold now, although he could be ready to go by the TDL

Ducks' Trevor Zegras expected to be sidelined 6 to 8 weeks after breaking left ankle 

Big question... does it make the Ducks better or worse? :hurhur:

Watching the Wild v Philly to see if Erickson Ek is worth trading our future for.  Not really feeling it. Minny having trouble scoring and have only won 1 game in their last 7. Erickson Ek is okay, but not great.

35 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Watching the Wild v Philly to see if Erickson Ek is worth trading our future for.  Not really feeling it. Minny having trouble scoring and have only won 1 game in their last 7. Erickson Ek is okay, but not great.

I was watching very briefly, and he was taking a faceoff, and the announcer commenting that both teams suck (my words) at faceoffs, and didn't make an exception for him, made me feel the same way.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, snowman955 said:

Simply because at 10 p.m. eastern nobody in GTA will be watching the game and networks will loose the shit load of money.

Business, nothing personal.

6 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This is the Around the NHL thread.

If we had an "Around the AHL thread", it would be full of goons/plugs hacking at each other all game long.  Here's another incident from an AHL game last night:

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, snowman955 said:

Habs ,Rangers and Laffs brought in 922 mil. 22-23. The other 2 have no preferential treatment when they play in the west.

Is there a breakdown of which club brought in more? Leafs 700 mil and the other two 200? Or is it an even split? 

11 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

He's bored to death playing their new zzzfest system.

• Haha 1

The Ranger (Fox) love fest is in overdrive this morning. Apparently Adam Fox is the smartest and best all around player in the league. Yeah he’s good and has a Norris but I would take Quinn, Makar, Hedman, Josi, Morrisey or Pietrangelo over Fox. IMO he’s in the Dobson, Seider, Hronek category. Which is still top notch. 

I'm quite impressed by how plucky the Capitals have been this season, they're not the high octane team they used to be but they just keep finding ways to stay in games despite many of their team stats sitting towards the bottom of the league (goals, shots on goal, powerplay, shooting percentage, faceoff percentage). 

They really miss having a Backstrom type talent up front something fierce but they've kept themselves in the mix. Calgary's Lindholm isn't in that bracket but he's probably the best center available, they should be inquiring. 

Edited by Coconuts

5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Rangers sliding of late, Washington grabs the win 

One win and a shootout loss thus far in January, everything else has been a loss

1-4-1

Every team goes through tough times. Ours was .500 

Kings are not going nearly so well with their hard times. Rags too.