[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 2nd, 7:00PM PT | HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024!

Definitely time for the team to show the extra gear JTM was talking about in his latest comment, great time to start practicing it and getting used to it and showcase it especially in the first period instead of spotting goals and having to fight back into a game, turning it on only when its needed isn't helpful the way it could be.

• Like 1

Not sure how many of you have Shaw/Rogers, but when I set my PVR during Christmas, all the games after new year's were showing as "NEW" instead of "LIVE".  Then when I went to check last night, the Ottawa game updated to "LIVE" (and I had to reset the PVR to capture the "LIVE" game because it somehow didn't recognize the "NEW" one I'd initially set to) while all the other games still showed as "NEW".

It's going to get annoying if I have to reset every single fucking game for the PVR because Shagers can't figure out what's "NEW" vs. "LIVE" until the day before the game.  :picard:

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Shaw/Rogers thing has been brutal. Rogers sucks a larger ass than shaw ever did and shaw was pretty bad at absolutely everything.

The idiots at the crtc are obviously getting paid off with this merger. They should all be thrown in jail, and our King Heffy should be in charge of their actual punishments.

I've been going at Rogers every week or two because I'm paying for 500mbps but sometimes around mid-day, like right now, I'm getting 72mbps (just ran a speed test), and sometimes as low as under 20mbps, which is when I get booted from the server at my office (I wfh most of the time)

They're fucking brutal, CRTC are a bunch of cowards. It's all bullshit.

Like imagine I just start paying 15% of my bill? That's pretty much the service I'm getting, 15-20% of what im supposedly paying for. Fucking crooks

/end rant

I switched to Telus immediately after the merger was signed originally.  Rogers is a criminal organization that refuses to honor their own contracts without lawyers getting involved.  CCTS is your friend.

Edited by King Heffy

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Shaw/Rogers thing has been brutal. Rogers sucks a larger ass than shaw ever did and shaw was pretty bad at absolutely everything.

The idiots at the crtc are obviously getting paid off with this merger. They should all be thrown in jail, and our King Heffy should be in charge of their actual punishments.

I've been going at Rogers every week or two because I'm paying for 500mbps but sometimes around mid-day, like right now, I'm getting 72mbps (just ran a speed test), and sometimes as low as under 20mbps, which is when I get booted from the server at my office (I wfh most of the time)

They're fucking brutal, CRTC are a bunch of cowards. It's all bullshit.

Like imagine I just start paying 15% of my bill? That's pretty much the service I'm getting, 15-20% of what im supposedly paying for. Fucking crooks

/end rant

I've had pretty good success this year getting on with customer service and threatening to switch, not in a jerky way just letting them know there's other good deals out there. E.g., if you're a Koodo customer you can get 500mbps for $65/mo and it rarely goes under 450 for me. 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Not sure how many of you have Shaw/Rogers, but when I set my PVR during Christmas, all the games after new year's were showing as "NEW" instead of "LIVE".  Then when I went to check last night, the Ottawa game updated to "LIVE" (and I had to reset the PVR to capture the "LIVE" game because it somehow didn't recognize the "NEW" one I'd initially set to) while all the other games still showed as "NEW".

It's going to get annoying if I have to reset every single fucking game for the PVR because Shagers can't figure out what's "NEW" vs. "LIVE" until the day before the game.  :picard:

I have had 0 problems with Shaw/Rodgers because I know what time the games start😉

Edited by The Arrogant Worms

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I switched to Telus immediately after the merger was signed originally.  Rogers is a criminal organization that refuses to honor their own contracts without lawyers getting involved.  CCTS is your friend.

We had Telus years ago and it was absolutely horrible.  Many problems with it even now in the area I live.  My neighbour has it and they are there at least 2 times a month fixing something.

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I've had pretty good success this year getting on with customer service and threatening to switch, not in a jerky way just letting them know there's other good deals out there. E.g., if you're a Koodo customer you can get 500mbps for $65/mo and it rarely goes under 450 for me. 

Well... I got sucked in with the 4 free phone plans from shaw before the merger.

Rog says that "plan" is being honoured for 5 years, but once it expires I'll happily switch.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Well... I got sucked in with the 4 free phone plans from shaw before the merger.

Rog says that "plan" is being honoured for 5 years, but once it expires I'll happily switch.

buggers. Tell your kids to get their own damn phones. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I have had 0 problems with Shaw/Rodgers because I know what time the games start😉

I'm sure you do (know when the games start) but my PVR isn't as smart as you and needs occasional prompting.  Sometimes with a hammer and screwdriver.  :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This is just an educated guess, but I you may not be by your lonesome..

There will be more than enough wet blankets for everyone in the PGT.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar