[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 2nd, 7:00PM PT | HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024!

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Are they still in school? I'll probably make that concession.

we made her a deal, full time work or school and we'd help her out. It was supposed to end a while ago but the kid works hard so, well, you know. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Not sure how many of you have Shaw/Rogers, but when I set my PVR during Christmas, all the games after new year's were showing as "NEW" instead of "LIVE".  Then when I went to check last night, the Ottawa game updated to "LIVE" (and I had to reset the PVR to capture the "LIVE" game because it somehow didn't recognize the "NEW" one I'd initially set to) while all the other games still showed as "NEW".

It's going to get annoying if I have to reset every single fucking game for the PVR because Shagers can't figure out what's "NEW" vs. "LIVE" until the day before the game.  :picard:

I have them but have yet to PVR anything (the beauty of being off work and a total couch potato).

They're coming Friday to do some re-wiring in to my unit. I better not have any (more) down time...pay too much for crappy signals.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

she's a good kid, working full time and out on her own in a house she and her buddies rent. I'm proud of her for making it work in Vancouver, and its only $35 since I gave her my old work phone and its a bring your phone plan. 

... a good adult.

...you're still a good dad though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Canucks have built up enough good will with me this year that I'm only going to get concerned if they go on a 3+ game losing streak. They should win tonight, but it's been a LONG layoff with only one game, so who knows. These types of games are always weird. 

I'm kinda expecting the PP to really go off and score big tonight though. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Praise from the Great one

Hmm so he's following the team pretty closely.  Maybe he wants a coaching gig and yeo is on his way out...or he wants to buy part of the team ?

5 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Wait what? Where? When? 

Does this mean the return of the goal light?

He's been posting in the predict the score threads since the the season began.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

He's been posting in the predict the score threads since the the season began.

Well I'll be damned. Never noticed before. Why not come out and join the party in the GDT?

17 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Well I'll be damned. Never noticed before. Why not come out and join the party in the GDT?

Well, judging by this thread, my guess is the old forum and new forum is kinda like switching from Rogers to Telus. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

Scratching hogger again?  Really?

Yeah that's surprising but it might be a case of getting on him a bit for some bad penalties he's been taking in the last few games but other than that, I think he's been playing fairly well and still a good work ethic.

Going to the game with family tonight

it’s been a while since I’ve been

last game I went to was Pettersson’s first game against the Calgary Flames

hoping for a win…

But you never know with these games it’s been a long break and all that stuff

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Vancouver Canucks GIF by Aman Brah

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

she's a good kid, working full time and out on her own in a house she and her buddies rent. I'm proud of her for making it work in Vancouver, and its only $35 since I gave her my old work phone and its a bring your phone plan. 

We still help our son out even though he is fine  because that is how I was brought up.  Family 1st. It was that way when when my Mom was alive.   When my Dad was in his 90's he would still give me money for gas or supper even though I said that we don't need it.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Crimson JH said:

O’ Canada and Vancouver!🇨🇦 After spending more than 48 hours on an adventure filled with excitement, I finally arrived at Vancouver, Canada via train through Seattle. What better way to celebrate my return for my first meal of the new year in Van City! 😂 

So, folks…Do I fit right in..? 😉 

Also, I’m heading to the team store to get that “C” on the jersey I’m currently wearing! 

IMG_5766.thumb.jpeg.a66187afc81c09f6ee605a76d724f265.jpeg

IMG_5767.thumb.jpeg.d384414264957822786cec287fe3822a.jpeg

IMG_5650.thumb.jpeg.18544651e9dfd761e634f335d3e4c48f.jpeg

Hope that Timmies wasn't on North Road... :hurhur:

(sorry, inside joke from one of the OT threads back on CDC)

• Haha 4