[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 2nd, 7:00PM PT | HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024!

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Hope that Timmies wasn't on North Road... :hurhur:

(sorry, inside joke from one of the OT threads back on CDC)

I’m intrigued… Tell me more about it? 

nah this one is on Seymour and Granville, next to A&W

Just now, Crimson JH said:

I’m intrigued… Tell me more about it? 

nah this one is on Seymour and Granville, next to A&W

There was a poster who was trying to push their second-rate Burnaby online "news" rag and was trying to evoke rage with some constantly repeated story about some homeless woman "living" or spending every waking hour in the Timmies on North Road.  They then went and rage-posted about the cleanliness situation there.  Then they got banned.  Then they came back and got permabanned (I think).

We remember the poor sod as the "Timmies" guy or the Burnaby online "news" rag guy.  🙃

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I've had pretty good success this year getting on with customer service and threatening to switch, not in a jerky way just letting them know there's other good deals out there. E.g., if you're a Koodo customer you can get 500mbps for $65/mo and it rarely goes under 450 for me. 

So, I did a speed test and I get the following.

image.png.8a7451833521e5eeb6a302e98e86e890.png

Does his compare to what you're saying with the 500 mbps or am I running a different type of test, or is my connection that much worse than yours?

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

I dont thinks its good what he is doing to players.They are afraid of making mistake.It kill creativity.Kuz,Hoggz.You can put EP there.Not creative at all

Well you got to sit someone. They are all good. So yeah, you can find a guy who might be more motivated next game if he is pressbox

22 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

My son always says "you have to start to save for retirement/have a plan". I tell him "I do have a plan..... I'm coming to live with you". 😄

I'm keeping this one in my back pocket.

12 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

There was a poster who was trying to push their second-rate Burnaby online "news" rag and was trying to evoke rage with some constantly repeated story about some homeless woman "living" or spending every waking hour in the Timmies on North Road.  They then went and rage-posted about the cleanliness situation there.  Then they got banned.  Then they came back and got permabanned (I think).

We remember the poor sod as the "Timmies" guy or the Burnaby online "news" rag guy.  🙃

As a longtime lurker before becoming an active member I definitely remember this Timmies member but I had no idea about the history - yikes! 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

We still help our son out even though he is fine  because that is how I was brought up.  Family 1st. It was that way when when my Mom was alive.   When my Dad was in his 90's he would still give me money for gas or supper even though I said that we don't need it.

My wife and I grew up in a time when you graduated high school, then either went to university or went to work and made a career. Rent was reasonable, gas was cheap, real estate was affordable and a family could get by on one salary/wage if necessary. No more. The economic pressure on my kids is intense. They rent (apart) in Vancouver and both work hard but when things go wrong or an urgent need arises, we are there to help out. We are grateful that through hard work and modest spending over the years, we are able to help our kids keep their heads above water. You never stop being a parent, and your kids are always your kids.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

16.8?? That's it??!

You using one of these?

1280px-Fax_modem_antigo.jpg

lol, I must be haha. My bro says my connection speed is the cheapest but it works just fine for me. I watch streaming stuff all the time like Prime and DisneyPlus with no problems, plus my cable is internet streaming from the main box. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

We still help our son out even though he is fine  because that is how I was brought up.  Family 1st. It was that way when when my Mom was alive.   When my Dad was in his 90's he would still give me money for gas or supper even though I said that we don't need it.

yep. Its not really about the amounts, its just a way of showing a connection or acknowledging effort. 

18 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Does his compare to what you're saying with the 500 mbps or am I running a different type of test, or is my connection that much worse than yours?

I'm pretty sure you're on dial up.

27 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

O’ Canada and Vancouver!🇨🇦 After spending more than 48 hours on an adventure filled with excitement, I finally arrived at Vancouver, via train through Seattle. What better way to celebrate my return for my first meal of the new year in Van City! 😂 

So, folks…Do I fit right in..? 😉 

Also, I’m heading to the team store to get that “C” on the jersey I’m currently wearing! 

IMG_5766.thumb.jpeg.a66187afc81c09f6ee605a76d724f265.jpeg

IMG_5767.thumb.jpeg.d384414264957822786cec287fe3822a.jpeg

IMG_5650.thumb.jpeg.18544651e9dfd761e634f335d3e4c48f.jpeg

Are you part of the Seattle Kraken 32 Krew group on Facebook?

25 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Does his compare to what you're saying with the 500 mbps or am I running a different type of test, or is my connection that much 

Can't believe how yours could be so slow... 

How do some ppl have 500??

Screenshot_20240102_170249_Chrome.jpg

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

That compares to mine!

I'm on 5G as Telus still won't run fiber from the pole to my house (50ft) - even though they hung fiber on the poles 4 years ago now!

It's like dangling candy in front of a kid but saying they can't have it.

Screenshot 2024-01-02 170559.png

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

This is my speed

Screenshot_20240102_200817_Chrome.jpg

• Tank 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Hope that Timmies wasn't on North Road... :hurhur:

(sorry, inside joke from one of the OT threads back on CDC)

If I'm ever in a nasty accident and need a blood transfusion, my blood type is definitely Timmies.. am I a addict? Yes and I admit it! Wait.. is there a Tim Hortons Anonymous group I can attend? 

Edit: EXL + Triple x Triple

Edited by iceman1964

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Can't believe how yours could be so slow... 

Screenshot_20240102_170249_Chrome.jpg

Wow, that's crazy lol. 

I just did another one and it went up to 32.5. Better but still far behind. I never have problems but I am usually only running one TV and use my computer 95% of the time over my phone. My pa uses his computer in his suite as well but even less than me. We've never had any speed problems but we pay a pretty significant price for internet+cable. Should be better maybe or we're overpaying for cable.

I think they'll be getting a call tomorrow.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1