The 7 game road trip from hell thread.

Blue

Fasten your seatbelts. The coming trip has the potential to break our loss streak record which is a grueling 2 games.  And really give the doomers some momentum. Id say we will lose vs New Jersey because we always play bad against them. And to the Rangers. Then again, we are overdue to win a game vs a top team. We won't lose them all.(If we only won against good teams and lost to the bad teams, the doomers and haters would hype on that all the same) The Islanders are a stubborn team that isn't easy to beat either. The Penguins can beat anyone still when its their night. Then there's the Sabres and Blue Jackets. 

What do ppl think ? Which games will we win and which will we lose ?

What would be considered satisfactory for this trip ?

I don't think its the end of the world if we lose 3 in a row on this particular trip.

Edited by Blue
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, gwarrior said:

I would be ecstatic if they went 5-1-1. But above .500 I'd be happy. I'll know it's a coma dream if they win all 7.

I'd be happy with .500 too. 

It is not going to be easy. I am trying to prepare people.

• Cheers 1

The pens game is bad. Otherwise they would have had 4 games in a close area. 

Blues - prob lose

devils - win

rangers - who knows

isles - prob win if we lose to rangers, lose if we beat rangers

pens - win

sabres - prob lose somehow

bjs - win

4 wins, 3 losses - not bad

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
g
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

As long as they come back, 7 and 0 on this trip, NO ONE will complain! 🙂

It's not if we win, it's how we win.  win win win win.  Demko.  It's lucky.  It's the third line.  It's Soucy is back.  

• Cheers 1

Blues - I think we win, usually do well against them.

Devils - Could see a loss here

Rangers - Flip a coin

Islanders - Again could go either way

Penguins - See us winning here

Sabres - Game is at 1pm scheduled loss for sure

Blue Jackets - 10am game... another guaranteed loss

So 4-3 at best, I'd be pretty happy to get that result.

Edited by Mando27
  • Vintage 1

This trip is actually easier in term of travel but for quality of opponents, it will be tough.   They will not be tired and has no leg.  They will have some leg to combat seeing that it is shorter flights in between games than say, Vancouver to Edmonton trip.   No ridicious out of the way trip unlike February trip starting in Carolina, Boston, Detroit, Washington and Chicago.  This is more ridiculous than this 7 games trip, imho.  Length is long but not taxing too much of air miles

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Blue said:

Fasten your seatbelts. The coming trip has the potential to break our loss streak record which is a grueling 2 games.  And really give the doomers some momentum. Id say we will lose vs New Jersey because we always play bad against them. And to the Rangers. Then again, we are overdue to win a game vs a top team. We won't lose them all.(If we only won against good teams and lost to the bad teams, the doomers and haters would hype on that all the same) The Islanders are a stubborn team that isn't easy to beat either. The Penguins can beat anyone still when its their night. Then there's the Sabres and Blue Jackets. 

What do ppl think ? Which games will we win and which will we lose ?

What would be considered satisfactory for this trip ?

I don't think its the end of the world if we lose 3 in a row on this particular trip.

I don't think it's a bad thing at all, unless our team D sucks, this is definitely our Achilles heel and we can't keep relying on Demko and Smitty to bail us out, sure it helps to have a great tandem but we can't keep hanging them out to dry and expect to go anywhere, neither can it be all forechecking either, again it's a good thing but we can't rely on it either. 

We still have to play better positionally and not take penalties and shoot ourselves in the foot because of it.

All the elite teams have a very good team D and if we want to be elite, we have to be the same, especially in the playoffs where we'll lose badly against teams like that. 

I noticed we're not covering the point well enough either, yes we have to support the D down low in our own zone but we can't leave the point open either because sooner or later the screens will make it too hard for Demmer and Casey to stop pucks. 

I think playing the better teams will show us exactly where we are in that and how much work and practice we still need, we can't just assume we'll outscore opponents every night, we have to tighten up. 

13 minutes ago, BlueJays said:

They let off the gas in the third period when they were up 17-0. That’s not playoff team hockey 

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Yep spot on.... 

join my coalition of the willing.

I'm not allowing these goons to control the narrative around my team anymore. 

• Cheers 2

I believe we will go 4-2-1 over the next 7 games. I’ll be in Cancun for games vs NJ, Rags, Isles, Pitts and Buf. Just in case I don’t make it back lol my predictions for the rest of season is Canucks win every game 4-2 Petey always scores the winner. 

Go Canucks! 

• Vintage 1