PGT - Senaturds at Canucks - 01/02/24

PhillipBlunt

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

What's the deal with PDG? 

he's an ahl player who had a flash in the pan of success in the nhl. 

there is no world where pdg, who I like, should be in an NHL top 6. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, AnthonyG said:

The media spoon feeds a large majority of this fanbase its toxic views. The crying and complaining while going through a rebuild and people thinking we are supposed to be going for a cup supports my statement. First part is the obliviousness to a rebuild and the second is the demand for a cup 8 years ago and counting each year after. The constant complaints of “how long this rebuild took” is a huge indicator the large majority of this fan base has no fucking clue how long a rebuild takes and after its done, how long it takes to become competitive/a contender. We have been very fortunate from the beginning of this organization we have never had to endure painfully long and hard rebuilds like soooo many other organizations. This is the longest stretch of hockey that we have struggled to make playoffs and the last 3 seasons, this team had playoff potential, we had COVID along with the harshest scheduling pre-shutdown and post shutdown to a season out of all teams along with Petey gone for over half a season. The following season, Petey was a huge anchor on this team that dragged his ass along the bottom of the sea for 40 games until we finally pulled his ass up and he took over. Last year alllll on goaltending. This season the team has finally all put it together at the same time.

None of what you've said indicates that the "majority" of the fanbase feels this way at all. Just because some very vocal members of the fanbase yammer on needlessly on 650 or on here, doesn't mean that the majority of the fans feel this way. Hell, even after a loss, there are plenty of posters here who will type out "can't win them all, onto the next one" or something of that nature. 

There certainly are a lot of fans that are reactionary and don't look at the bigger picture, but they don't define the fanbase overall. Plenty of Canucks with balanced and informed opinions on the team that don't resort to reactionary fandom. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

Yet he's been in the top 6 for a portion of the season already. 

• Upvote 1

Interesting road trip coming up. Really looking forward to the game again NTR.

7 games, 10 nights,  long and grueling for the players but for us fans it'll be very interesting to see how the team does ..

I'd be content with a 4 - 3 record but really happy if we go 5 - 2 or better ..

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, tas said:

Not top6 but he's an nhl player.  

Not our 3rd line because our 3rd line is beasting but he's a bottom 6 player in the NHL. 

15 hours ago, Sergiomomesso said:

There are probably 10 athletes in the world that I could recognize and notice right away in a crowd and Wayne is top 3 in my mind. 

Tiger

MJ

Wayne

Shaq

LeBron

Messi

Ronaldo

Sid

Tyson

Usain Bolt

Williams or Woods? :classic_cool:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Injured.  

Tocchet said they may call someone up from AHL

Yeah I was just wondering what kind of injury, Ray or shorty said he went to the bench hunched over or something along those lines and I really didn't notice anything during the replay at all. 

30 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not top6 but he's an nhl player.  

Not our 3rd line because our 3rd line is beasting but he's a bottom 6 player in the NHL. 

I'm fine with pdg as a 13th forward or playing bottom 6 in a pinch. but this team simply has better options for the bottom 6 imo and need an upgrade on the top 6. 

• ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I was there 

You pay and they show up for 1 period… 

that’s not how life works 

inconsistency is not how you maintain anything… 

you feel ripped off as a fan watching them mail it in while you shell out hard earned cash

They shoulda kept the pedal down and padded their stats ffs… where is the passion and hunger they had at the start of the season?

i won’t pay again to watch them mail it in for 2/3rd of a game and hang their goalie out to dry for 3 easy goals against the worst team in the east…

they need to be consistent ffs…

they can’t get away with this

they crapped the bed against the Flyers and then this… one period of decent hockey… 

Right they can play like that on the road. At home they should be their best.

It's like paying big bucks to watch a show where everything good happens in the first 20 minutes and your fighting to stay awake the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

None of what you've said indicates that the "majority" of the fanbase feels this way at all. Just because some very vocal members of the fanbase yammer on needlessly on 650 or on here, doesn't mean that the majority of the fans feel this way. Hell, even after a loss, there are plenty of posters here who will type out "can't win them all, onto the next one" or something of that nature. 

There certainly are a lot of fans that are reactionary and don't look at the bigger picture, but they don't define the fanbase overall. Plenty of Canucks with balanced and informed opinions on the team that don't resort to reactionary fandom. 

Some?? SOME vocal members? Why is it so hard to find any support or positive outlook on the last few seasons? Or the rebuild that took place? For every 1 person who supports it, theres 10 that bash it endlessly. Outside of these forums in the real world, the Canuck “fans” I’ve come across spew largely negative views. Then you see attendance in losing seasons, jerseys being tossed, the team getting booed. Please tell me where the majority of this ever-supportive fan base is hiding. Because the “fans” only come out when things are going well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah I was just wondering what kind of injury, Ray or shorty said he went to the bench hunched over or something along those lines and I really didn't notice anything during the replay at all. 

Coach said lower body when I asked, if I remember correctly.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Some?? SOME vocal members?

Yeah, some. 

Why is it so hard to find any support or positive outlook on the last few seasons? Or the rebuild that took place?

Well, how hard did you look? There wasn’t much to be happy about in the last few seasons when the team was sucking wind. 

For every 1 person who supports it, theres 10 that bash it endlessly.

Hyperbole is thy name. 

Outside of these forums in the real world, the Canuck “fans” I’ve come across spew largely negative views.

I’ve come across quite a few miserable asses too. One common thread amongst them is that they’re usually casual fans and base a lot of their opinions on the asinine portion of the local sports media.  

Then you see attendance in losing seasons, jerseys being tossed, the team getting booed.

Well, why should people pay good money to watch a team lose? Seems like a dumb idea. The jersey tossing is done by emotional misfits as well as the booing. Not indicative of the fanbase in general. 

Please tell me where the majority of this ever-supportive fan base is hiding. Because the “fans” only come out when things are going well.

You’ll have to do your own looking, brah. They’re out there. 

59 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Cap space or rather lack of it is the only reason he's in there.

Yeah, but he was productive with Miller and Boeser. They’d be better off with a more developed and talented forward. 

• Upvote 1

After the game, Canucks coach Rick Tocchet said he expected it to be “a while” before Di Giuseppe is able to return to the lineup.

From a sportsnet article I just saw. PDG put for a while 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-recall-forward-linus-karlsson-from-ahl/

Literally nothing there but what I quoted, seemed like a nothing play surprised for sure