PGT - Senaturds at Canucks - 01/02/24

PhillipBlunt

58 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I'm more worried about the Yotes (our 1st game back from the trip, and they're playing well lately) than the Leafs, who haven't won out here since 2019, including the crappy Covid-realigned season.

Aww whyd you go and say that?  Now the Leafs are gonna win.  All your fault!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Guentzel. I’ve been hearing his name bandied about regarding a trade with the Canucks.

I feel slightly resistant to part with valuable pieces for a guy of his stature in the top 6. 

Thoughts?

I’d trade Kuzmenko for Larsson, only if a team helps us out and trades for Myers.

Then I would look to move our 1st for a top line winger.

Mikheyev - Pettersson - TRADE

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Hoglander - Aman - Lafferty

Hughes - Larsson

Soucy - Hronek

Cole - Zadorov 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

cost makes me nervous, but who could possibly know better than this management/coaching/scouting group whether or not the value there?

makes me nervous, but i defer to the experts. 

I trust Patrick to make a smart move. He’s been full of them lately. 

• Cheers 1

• -dlc- unpinned and unfeatured this topic
21 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I’d trade Kuzmenko for Larsson, only if a team helps us out and trades for Myers.

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Hughes - Larsson

Soucy - Hronek

Cole - Zadorov 

Get Oleksiak instead. Unleash the Zadorov - Oleksiak pairing. 

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Hughes - Larsson

Soucy - Hronek

Cole - Zadorov 

I like those ideas. 

I would put Podkolzin RW with Petey. 

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Guentzel. I’ve been hearing his name bandied about regarding a trade with the Canucks.

I feel slightly resistant to part with valuable pieces for a guy of his stature in the top 6. 

Thoughts?

Ppg playoff performer, yes please.

6 hours ago, -dlc- said:

You mean like their last road trip where they managed to get 6 out of 8 points?

Don't make stuff up to suit your agenda. It's tiring.

I will make you a deal If they beat the Rangers I will not say another single negative thing about the team or the Coach. Not only that I will give the team high praise until the end of the season. Furthermore, If they come out of January playing .500 or greater hockey and yes that includes the Ott game then I will also never say one more single negative thing about the team or the Coach until the end of the regular season. 

But as it stands my prediction and this is only one persons opinion, The Canucks go 2 games below .500 for the remaining games of January.

Furthermore, If they do beat the Rangers or go .500 or greater for January and I say 1 more negative thing about the Canucks before the regular season ends you can ban me from the forum forever.

3 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I will make you a deal If they beat the Rangers I will not say another single negative thing about the team or the Coach. Not only that I will give the team high praise until the end of the season. Furthermore, If they come out of January playing .500 or greater hockey and yes that includes the Ott game then I will also never say one more single negative thing about the team or the Coach until the end of the regular season. 

But as it stands my prediction and this is only one persons opinion, The Canucks go 2 games below .500 for the remaining games of January.

Furthermore, If they do beat the Rangers or go .500 or greater for January and I say 1 more negative thing about the Canucks before the regular season ends you can ban me from the forum forever.

You shouldn’t be banned from the forum for being negative. You have every right to your opinion. 

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I'm not playing this game. You continue to do you and I'll do me.

I can hit ignore (and likely will) but reading the room is part of interacting in a community. If all you are is negative that impacts others who maybe come here after long, tough days and really don't need to hear a bunch of pissing and moaning. Like I'm doing now, so I'll opt out, thanks. But here....remind yourself of where we were last year and where we are now and try to smile. Or buy a sun lamp.

416092217_10160707578785549_701519189421

415314116_10160707584495549_224746875877

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well, how hard did you look? There wasn’t much to be happy about in the last few seasons when the team was sucking wind. 

Isnt it harder to find the minority rather than the majority? Doesnt make sense if I gotta look real hard to find the loyal and supportive fans of this team if they are majority.

The team sucked? Are you sure about that?

Miller 99pts

Hughes top 10 dman in the league

Demko’s vezina recognition

Myers+OEL top 5 shut down pair league wide

18th in scoring 

missed playoffs by 3 wins after a horrendous start largely due to

Elias Petterssons 24 pointless games in the first 40 games of the season. He dragged down the PP, we struggled to score when we pulled the goalie, he was soaking up top line minutes and deployment for 40 games and did nothing with it. Then he caught fire and we BARELY missed playoffs after being a long shot to make it.

then last season 13th in scoring, 4 goals separated us from being top 10 in scoring. Pettersson, Hughes, Miller, Horvat all had monster seasons, Demko struggled and got hurt and we had the worst goaltending in the league after that.

Sound like a shit team to watch? Or just 1-2 players not pulling their weight?

Lets not blame a team when everyone else showed up but 2 guys the last 2 seasons. 

15 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well, why should people pay good money to watch a team lose? Seems like a dumb idea. The jersey tossing is done by emotional misfits as well as the booing. Not indicative of the fanbase in general. 

You’ll have to do your own looking, brah. They’re out there. 

Then they arent a fan, they’re a critic of the team. Fans SUPPORT a team, they dont turn their back on them when the going gets tough. We never once said like Buffalo that we are openly tanking. So why assume its a losing season and not attend games?

17,000+ booing in stadium. Seems like a group in unison.

i’d be willing to be you there are more casual viewers that only follow along when it’s exciting, than there are true fans.

your last bit supports my statement, I dont doubt they “are out there” but they sure are much harder to find. I shouldnt have to look so hard. They’re out there, but they sure as hell arent everywhere.

Edited by AnthonyG

15 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Noted and @-AJ- @-dlc- @Sharpshooter @Roberts @Roger Neilsons Towel, etc. Along with the entire CFF community ... thank you for your service and are scheduling in banning ceremony for week after next, what days work for you?

Sorry, broke my own promise but couldn't resist.

Edited by Rocket-68

54 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Noted and @-AJ- @-dlc- @Sharpshooter @Roberts @Roger Neilsons Towel, etc. Along with the entire CFF community ... thank you for your service and are scheduling in banning ceremony for week after next, what days work for you?

Unnecessary mod tag. 7 day ban. 1st down. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

I guess you didn't read it very closely, you only saw what you wanted to see

4 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

3 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Unnecessary mod tag. 7 day ban. 1st down. 

Apparently I am a moderator now. @Ribs give er' here.

Nov_07_2019_21_49_34.gif.3c4ee23487cb430471dcce7c02e3b460.gif

• Haha 2