PGT - Senaturds at Canucks - 01/02/24

PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

wooo hooo we win!

Kind of out of place but there are two areas of play that bother me about Demko

One is his blind clearing passes. He literally does not look before he does this, and many times it goes right onto the stick of an opponent.  Even when there is a close by D man to give it to.

Two is that he seems to have a problem with using his paw quick enough to freeze the puck when it falls right in front of him. Either he can't see it, or misses it.

But I'm just being picky.

Carry on.

He did make some nice saves though. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

That's just wishful thinking

wishful thinking? Momentum was all in the Sens favour in the 3rd. They pull their goalie and immediately get a goal. I think if Sutr didn’t get that goal the Sens would’ve gotten another one with 2.5 minutes still left in the game. The 6-3 goal inflated the Sens after that 

• Like 1

Just now, CanuckMan said:

wishful thinking? Momentum was all in the Sens favour in the 3rd. They pull their goalie and immediately get a goal. I think if Sutr didn’t get that goal the Sens would’ve gotten another one with 2.5 minutes still left in the game. The 6-3 goal inflated the Sens after that 

Momentum was for the sens?

I guess that's just ignoring the score board?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

You don't criticize a win

Just fkn move on

Next game up

ease up buddy. You criticize the game when they keep making the same mistakes. This team although great in many areas and improved in many since last year have one glaring hole in their game and that’s their inability to play a full 60 minutes. They either have a terrible 1st period and play catch up the last 2 periods and fall short or have a good first half of the game and let up in the 2nd/3rd allowing teams to get back into the game. They have time to fix that now in the regular season but won’t be so easy in the playoffs. Canucks play 3 games each against LA Kings and Vegas in March/April. Those 6 games are going to determine the final divisional standings and they better be prepared for them.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Reminds me how much I loved watching the three stars as a kid. Sucks they don't show it anymore. 

I remember it being like its own points race in my mind during WCE era - it came at the end of the season as an award sort of along with the team awards. It was awesome

Edited by GrammaInTheTub
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Sign him for a muti-year contract Staios!

Makes you appreciate and realize just how fortunate we have been to have such goaltenders the last several years, but especially having Thatcher. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Momentum was for the sens?

I guess that's just ignoring the score board?

I’ll criticize this team all I want buddy. Stop me if you can haha. Holes in their games are holes in their game. No need to try to cover them up just because they won against the 4th worst team in the league. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

ease up buddy. You criticize the game when they keep making the same mistakes. This team although great in many areas and improved in many since last year have one glaring hole in their game and that’s their inability to play a full 60 minutes. They either have a terrible 1st period and play catch up the last 2 periods and fall short or have a good first half of the game and let up in the 2nd/3rd allowing teams to get back into the game. They have time to fix that now in the regular season but won’t be so easy in the playoffs. Canucks play 3 games each against LA Kings and Vegas in March/April. Those 6 games are going to determine the final divisional standings and they better be prepared for them.

Yes I agree

We have a tough road schedule coming up

But we did win 

And I'm not your buddy, buddy.

• Haha 3