PGT - Senaturds at Canucks - 01/02/24

PhillipBlunt

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Bingo.

You can’t let teams hang around at 5-0 you gotta put your foot on their throat.

It seemed like as soon as the Sens scored to open the second their game plan fell apart and they almost looked nervous. Should never be nervous with a 4 goal lead.

There’s ways manage the game without completely letting the other team take control. That’s still a work in progress.

It’s all about consistency and plying a style that is effective in the playoffs. You can’t play 20 minutes in the playoffs and expect to win.

I think that was the lesson here. When the refs change you adapt and stick to the basics. Don't go plying for the hat tricks.

4 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Nickelback isn't even in the conversation for GOAT Canadian rock bands. 

Too funny. 

ie., might sell a crapload of records but that's like saying Rotten Ronalds are the best because of the billions of "stuff" they've sold.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

ie., might sell a crapload of records but that's like saying Rotten Ronalds are the best because of the billions of "stuff" they've sold.

Yeah. I actually liked their first album, but then it went downhill from there. Lol. 

Became too cookie-cutter. 

• Cheers 1

Nice game. Build up an insurmountable lead and coast to Victory.

Ottawa is one of the few Canadian teams that I like, so I’m okay with them getting a “moral victory” here. 

After all shouldn’t the Sens be winning each and every game thanks to the “coaching bump” they get from canning DJ Smith?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I've been in the music industry over 40 years and nobody in their right mind, ever brings up Nickelback in any conversation when it comes to all-time greatest Canadian artists. EVER. 

Gotta give them credit though. They know how to write songs like pop stars so they can gather the general public.

Not my jam

Edited by Devron
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

The similarity with the playoffs were evident tonight.  Refs change their game much like individual players do. They adjust. They saw the 5 goal lead.

I think the coaching staff has to reset the mind sets on the bench when opposing teams get the refereeing leverage. Don't cherry pick for the 6th goal, keep skating hard and hitting hard. We're not getting the calls but don't fret, don't lose your staples.

This totally reminded me of past playoff games when the ref change threw us off. But, as always 

Referees are always in flux.

Good lesson.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Vintage 2