[Waivers] Tobias Bjornfot - claimed by VGK

45 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Don't see how he makes it past Toronto and Edmonton.

He's got 0 points in 9 AHL games, and 0 points and 1 game in the NHL this year.

Defensive defensman by the looks of it. He's played 113 NHL games with 1 goal and 14 assists and -18 total.

I don't think the moves the needle for Edmonton or Toronto.

Would someone take a flyer maybe....

25 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's got 0 points in 9 AHL games, and 0 points and 1 game in the NHL this year.

Defensive defensman by the looks of it. He's played 113 NHL games with 1 goal and 14 assists and -18 total.

I don't think the moves the needle for Edmonton or Toronto.

Would someone take a flyer maybe....

Both teams desperately need defencemen who can play defence.  

Former 1st who was decently touted. According to EliteProspects is supposed to be a good skater and strong defensively. But if he's being waived I wonder how true that is. Good skating and good defence is usually a golden ticket to at least 3rd pair status. Doesn't turn 23 til April. Someone will claim him. He doesn't move the needle for us. Isn't top 4, isn't right handed. Wouldn't make it to us anyway. I think one of the stinker teams will claim him. There's enough upside and he's still decently young.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

on canuck talk 650, they said that JR says our window is open and  the guys on 650 think this is a good time to use their 1st pick + to get what they need to go for it. i'm not sure i agree, but i can see their point.

With all the dead cap caused by this idiot over the next few seasons, it makes sense to do it before we suffer the consequences.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

on canuck talk 650, they said that JR says our window is open and  the guys on 650 think this is a good time to use their 1st pick + to get what they need to go for it. i'm not sure i agree, but i can see their point.

I'm good with trading the first if it's for a non-rental. Add if need be for the righ player and age of player.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

I think this year is our best chance. Petey and Hronek's extensions and the OEL buyout going up is gonna destroy our depth going forward. If I am management. I almost certainly sell off that 1st for the right piece. The window for a deep run is widest this season. Lekkerimaki and Willander's development will be key to us keeping that window open longer. But I'd go all in this season and see what kind of damage we can do in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

I don't see how many chances they have given OEL's cap constraints that'll be on the team in the coming years. I mean, it's getting worse next year even with the cap supposedly to rise, but it'll be even worse down the road at like 4M isn't it on the cap? Gosh, the cap better go up a ton, or else the team's chances of becoming contenders shrinks by a large margin. I wonder what the strategy is from management's perspective? 

36 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I think this year is our best chance. Petey and Hronek's extensions and the OEL buyout going up is gonna destroy our depth going forward. If I am management. I almost certainly sell off that 1st for the right piece. The window for a deep run is widest this season. Lekkerimaki and Willander's development will be key to us keeping that window open longer. But I'd go all in this season and see what kind of damage we can do in the playoffs.

the player coming back better be in their early to mid twenties (Hronek kind of player age wise at least), for the window to extend a little bit longer. And it also depends on like you've said Lekkerimaki and Willander's development as well. It's going to be rough if Allvin and Rutherford and the rest of the team can't manage their cap...

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Enough of this rhetoric at this point we're literally having one of the best seasons in franchise history, the team is exciting to watch, and the Most GF in the NHL as well as the best Goal Differential thanks to this "idiot" How much more do they need to do to end this nonsense.  About time to move on and accept that this may be the best GM and Coach in Franchise history objectively. And I love and respect the hell out of Pat Quinn.

There is literally nothing that Rutherford can do to earn my respect.  There's no excuse for the dead cap, let alone his character issues.  Time for this dirtbag to move on before he causes even more permanent damage.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

There is literally nothing that Rutherford can do to earn my respect.  There's no excuse for the dead cap, let alone his character issues.  Time for this dirtbag to move on before he causes even more permanent damage.

9971A328-E3AC-43FB-BD36-CD11B5F1FFCA.gif

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Permanent damage like the best start in franchise history? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1