[GDT] Vancouver @ St. Louis - January 4th, 5pt/8et - Enterprise Center - St. Louis, Missouri.

Chickenspear

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Drance is a stats geek. Now he’s into a stat that (supposedly) predicts luck. Guys like Drsnce need to cover a bad lib for their “schtick” to work. We are a great club and will be for many years to come. Drance will move on to cover a different club. He will go cover the Smelly Cowpies. 

In one fell swoop. JT miller has changed his life in being in the public eye, reporting talking hockey. Pretty sure that there dome was shinier then usual couple days ago..

• ThereItIs 1

I believe in this team. It's been a long time coming. 

Start the third line.

Hit hard and fast. A win should give momentum for the next one. 60 minute effort is all we could ask for.

• Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

He's a Toronto fan at heart....I want him to go as far east as possible.

One more Christmas song to close things out...

There's a basher named Drancer, a prancer and vixen

He's from comet he's stupid a downer, his two bits in

But do you recall

His most famous blooper of all

Drancer the red faced writer

Had a very shiny head

Tried to ask JT a question

Called him out on what he said....

I'm in a silly mood. time to get serious and go to work. GO CANUCKS GO

Dashing through the rain.

In a burnt out Chevrolet.

Listening to the radio we go.

Laughing at Drance all the way.....

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Thanks, for this. I don't hear him say anything egregious. He talks about the so far historic PDO pace and has a wait-and-see approach to see if it's sustainable; thinks they're a solid playoff team but still wonders if they're an elite 5v5 team; and clearly says he has higher expectations for them now, now that we're clearly a playoff team (same as the players and coaches do). I don't see anything wrong with what he said this morning. We're a good team and no one yet knows just how good we are, but things do lean towards good but not great yet. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Thanks, for this. I don't hear him say anything egregious. He talks about the so far historic PDO pace and has a wait-and-see approach to see if it's sustainable; thinks they're a solid playoff team but still wonders if they're an elite 5v5 team; and clearly says he has higher expectations for them now, now that we're clearly a playoff team (same as the players and coaches do). I don't see anything wrong with what he said this morning. We're a good team and no one yet knows just how good we are, but things do lean towards good but not great yet. 

To say I don't like him is an understatement

He constantly looks at the worst case scenario

Captain Negative during such a positive season

He probably can't even skate!

In the words of the modern Philosopher JT Miller

"Did you even watch the game?"

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Mackcanuck said:

Not that I like him, in fact I don't know much about him, but why is looking at things objectively "negative"?

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

He probably can't even skate!

In the words of the modern Philosopher JT Miller

"Did you even watch the game?"

He's not being negative, though. He's merely talking about historically factual stats as they relate to the Canucks, who have gone from one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best in one year. If only some fans would also be able to hold two conflicting ideas in their heads about this team at the same time; namely, the Canucks are a good team this year, but it remains to be seen just how good they are, as the stats show they may not be as good as yet to contend with the contenders. Regardless, and Drance has said this before as well, this year has been fun, they're absolutely a solid playoff team, and with some more changes we could be even better. Even so, no one knows yet how well we're going to do in the playoffs, so we have to wait and see. It's not like Drance isn't enjoying the season so far and he hates this team and just loves to rip on them. Gawd forbid he talks about something interesting about this team or else fans will cry blasphemy.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

He's not being negative, though. He's merely talking about historically factual stats as they relate to the Canucks, who have gone from one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best in one year. If only some fans would also be able to hold two conflicting ideas in their heads about this team at the same time; namely, the Canucks are a good team this year, but it remains to be seen just how good they are, as the stats show they may not be as good as yet to contend with the contenders. Regardless, and Drance has said this before as well, this year has been fun, they're absolutely a solid playoff team, and with some more changes we could be even better. Even so, no one knows yet how well we're going to do in the playoffs, so we have to wait and see. It's not like Drance isn't enjoying the season so far and he hates this team and just loves to rip on them. Gawd forbid he talks about something interesting about this team or else fans will cry blasphemy.

That seems to be the way it is on this site much more than the old one.  I don't know if it's just because people are swept up in success or feel more free to try and shout down those who have different opinions, but there's definitely an air of toxic "optimism" on this board.

• Cheers 1

Drance is a negative force and influence in this market. He's D level media at best. People know this. Glad to see Miller not only correct him but put him in his place the other day. It looked good on him. Exactly what should have happened.

Especially since he dishes out the negative, criticizes, stirs the pot, he should be able to handle blowback and being criticized rather than crying about it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Ok, I'm starting to get a little bit pissed at the Kuzmenko treatment.  There's no way a guy like Aman should be in over him.  Play him in the top 6 he's been playing better lately he's definitely not been worse than the fourth liners and Suter would make that 4th line so much better.  Also, Lafferty has been so bad lately why is he getting special treatment?

3 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Ok, I'm starting to get a little bit pissed at the Kuzmenko treatment.  There's no way a guy like Aman should be in over him.  Play him in the top 6 he's been playing better lately he's definitely not been worse than the fourth liners and Suter would make that 4th line so much better.  Also, Lafferty has been so bad lately why is he getting special treatment?

Agreed, this getting ridiculous.  Let him work it out or cut bait.  All they're doing is driving his value down

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Listening to Drance on Halford and Brough right now

WHAT A FREAKING IDIOT!!!

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Probably something like "I don't think the Canucks are going to do much this year....especially with guys like Gaudette and MacEwen in the line up"

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I'm guessing something with "PDO" in it 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Drance is a stats geek. Now he’s into a stat that (supposedly) predicts luck. Guys like Drsnce need to cover a bad lib for their “schtick” to work. We are a great club and will be for many years to come. Drance will move on to cover a different club. He will go cover the Smelly Cowpies. 

Zero hockey background. He's like a hockey for dummies kid and makes his money cutting down things and people he knows nothing about. Such a joke.

aziz ansari snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

What a Drunce!

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

That seems to be the way it is on this site much more than the old one.  I don't know if it's just because people are swept up in success or feel more free to try and shout down those who have different opinions, but there's definitely an air of toxic "optimism" on this board.

How can someone be toxically optimistic :classic_blink:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

He's been abused by others teams on 5 on 5 possession. I don't think it's personal, just looking at how best to match up on a given night.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

There seems to be a plan with Kuzmenko that not only Kuz himself understands but also his agent too. They've said as much and all seem to have a grounded and good perspective about it. 

Like Joshua, Hoglander, etc ... this will make Kuz a better player. They're also working directly with him during the games he doesn't play. So he's not just sitting on his hands.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, tas said:

the fluky goals last game notwithstanding, nobody with a clue who's watched this team all year could describe their performance as lucky. 

advanced stats junkies have always been and remain absolutely blind idiots. 

I fins them hilarious. Why wouldn't you just watch the game instead? Lazy, don't really get what you are seeing, trying to impress someone? I get the sense some of these guys feel you could just watch an auto-updating excel sheet instead of the game itself. Really a good old XGF vs XGA battle is a very fun and traditional way for the family to get together around the old monitor during the holiday season. Way better than watching teams score and defend actual goals 😁

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1