[GDT] Vancouver @ St. Louis - January 4th, 5pt/8et - Enterprise Center - St. Louis, Missouri.

Chickenspear

2 hours ago, tas said:

bring on all comers. as long as it's top 8 I don't care where this team finishes. 

trying to cherry pick a playoff path is for losers. 

Winning the division isn’t cherry picking. It’s a greater chance of home ice advantage (we have a better record at home than on the road). If the playoffs started today we would face Arizona. I like our chances against them than Vegas/Kings. 

Nashville, Arizona, Edmonton, Seattle, St. Louis, Calgary, Minnesota. I like our chances of making it past the first round playing any one of those 7 wild card teams compared to Vegas/LA. 

Remember the goal isn’t just to make the playoffs and get out in the first round. It’s to win the cup. I’d prefer the easiest path there. Remember the playoffs where we were too banged up to win against Boston? I do. 

I’d rather have Vegas/LA play each other and bang each other up. It’s a 2 headed dragon, I’d rather face one after the others heads been cut.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Shut down Thomas, Buchnevich, and Kyrou and their offence drips greatly after that. I think we have the depth to out match them. 
I’m hoping for a 5-1 victory and a Binnington melt down for the cherry on top.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Everything is perfect.

Nothing can be said or done that can improve this team. 

The only thing that could trip it up is opinions that are slighty different than the majority on an unofficial fan forum. Now that, that could cost us the cup. It's simple science.

Go Nucks.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Agreed on all fronts. At least MacIntyre and Kuzma have earned their stripes and sometimes questionable takes/questions.

Their articles are always top notch. 

As far as the game goes look like that Thomas, Buch, Kyrou line is the key to shutting these guys down.

Jt Miller Goal GIF by Vancouver Canucks

Also looks like Parayko is having a good year too. I always like him as a perfect match for Quinn in the past, although he's aging quickly now.

He'd be good, but his inconstancies are the issue. 

• Cheers 1

What a joke kuz is one of the few guys that can complete and pass and make chances.

no coincidence petey looks better with him. 

with a couple plugs on peteys wing he can be double teamed all night long 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Conscience said:

What a joke kuz is one of the few guys that can complete and pass and make chances.

no coincidence petey looks better with him. 

with a couple plugs on peteys wing he can be double teamed all night long 

For Real Basketball GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Winning the division isn’t cherry picking. It’s a greater chance of home ice advantage (we have a better record at home than on the road). If the playoffs started today we would face Arizona. I like our chances against them than Vegas/Kings. 

Nashville, Arizona, Edmonton, Seattle, St. Louis, Calgary, Minnesota. I like our chances of making it past the first round playing any one of those 7 wild card teams compared to Vegas/LA. 

Remember the goal isn’t just to make the playoffs and get out in the first round. It’s to win the cup. I’d prefer the easiest path there. Remember the playoffs where we were too banged up to win against Boston? I do. 

I’d rather have Vegas/LA play each other and bang each other up. It’s a 2 headed dragon, I’d rather face one after the others heads been cut.

I don't care who they play or where they finish (as long as it's in the playoff picture).

would it be NICE for them to top the division? of course. who doesn't like new banners and home ice advantage? do they NEED to win the division or 4 of the next 7? not by a long shot. that's just insecure, panicky canucks fans working themselves up and getting ready to shriek about the falling sky the next time the team loses two in a row. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Lewlowned said:

Batch is assuming only a forward is getting swapped, but I’m sitting here wondering when Soucy will make his return.

Didn’t Tocchet say he was close and could’ve even played last game? 

Of the next 5 games, I don’t think there’s a better team than the Blues for Soucy to shake some of the rust off. Sitting 23rd in the league with an offense that is 6th worst in goals for.

Would we ever run 11/7 and keep Cole, Soucy, and Juulsen all in the lineup? The team didn’t look terrible without PDG for a solid chunk of last game. I know Miller didn’t love having a different LW every shift, but I think it could be interesting. 

Radio guys said for Soucy to play, PA will need to move someone.  Since they didn't announce it yet, he's not likely to play tonight.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Because despite how the team is doing.

We're doomed because of Tocc.

We're doomed because of Allvin.

We're doomed because of JR.

Or at least what some would have you believe on here.

Actually exactly. Doomed is the right word. Doomed doesn't mean things are bad now, it speaks to a future state of failure. That's exactly what many of us are worried about. Tocchet did help the defence and penalty kill but we're dying on the pp and offence has trended down.

I want the best damn team out there for the big games or the playoffs. And that means we need pettey playing with another scorer either kuz or a traded player to replace him.

If tocchets plan is to check st louis to death then sit kuz, go defensive but it won't work against the better teams like nyr and the devils (on their day). 

I remember you blind believers laughing at me noting the pp trend in december and then we kept being cold on the pp and lost to the flyers.

We want to win but treating kuz like he's some 1st grader makes tocchet look like an inconsistent ass and some of these dead periods make me wonder if players are tuning him out. 

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

when you can only beat a team by 3 goals, you're in real trouble 

No shit.

We should scratch Kuz. Unless that is an unpopular opinion, then no we shouldnt.

19 minutes ago, tas said:

I don't care who they play or where they finish (as long as it's in the playoff picture).

would it be NICE for them to top the division? of course. who doesn't like new banners and home ice advantage? do they NEED to win the division or 4 of the next 7? not by a long shot. that's just insecure, panicky canucks fans working themselves up and getting ready to shriek about the falling sky the next time the team loses two in a row. 

Apart from your usual garbage in the last sentence, I  agree with you. 

It's about how we play, not the season results. All that matters is the grail. 

They have to do it right, get firing on all cylinders. I have been saying for a while now that this core can do it. I predicted a couple years ago that it would be within 3 years. So, that means I'll start planning the parade. 

Now, if Tocc would just stop scratching Kuz!

18 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Actually exactly. Doomed is the right word. Doomed doesn't mean things are bad now, it speaks to a future state of failure. That's exactly what many of us are worried about. Tocchet did help the defence and penalty kill but we're dying on the pp and offence has trended down.

I want the best damn team out there for the big games or the playoffs. And that means we need pettey playing with another scorer either kuz or a traded player to replace him.

If tocchets plan is to check st louis to death then sit kuz, go defensive but it won't work against the better teams like nyr and the devils (on their day). 

I remember you blind believers laughing at me noting the pp trend in december and then we kept being cold on the pp and lost to the flyers.

We want to win but treating kuz like he's some 1st grader makes tocchet look like an inconsistent ass and some of these dead periods make me wonder if players are tuning him out. 

Okay "Dooms Day Drance"... Step away from the ledge.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

No shit.

We should scratch Kuz. Unless that is an unpopular opinion, then no we shouldnt.

have to go with the Tocc plan on that one. I really don't think its a personality thing. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

This was @Jester13's comment but I know hey. Not to be hurt again I guess or to ultimately be "right" in the end. It's such a weird situation. In most markets the media are ultimately behind the team they are reporting on. Here it seems that their job is to trip them up at every turn and pile on when things aren't going well.

The media here does this on purpose. They actually believe they're right and smart in doing so. It's the "David Pratt stir the pot playbook". You can even see some of these guys actually laughing at fans on the air and pretending to be on their side. Watch the last D&D interview with Pratt and the Drance interview that immediately followed. These guys are playing fans like flutes. 

The thing is ... the media in this town could get away with much of their negative schtick because the team was losing for years on end. The media could hide behind that because it made them appear to be right. Now that the team is winning, they're getting exposed because their negative schtick makes them look foolish.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Apart from your usual garbage in the last sentence, I  agree with you. 

It's about how we play, not the season results. All that matters is the grail. 

They have to do it right, get firing on all cylinders. I have been saying for a while now that this core can do it. I predicted a couple years ago that it would be within 3 years. So, that means I'll start planning the parade. 

Now, if Tocc would just stop scratching Kuz!

3 years ago everyone here was predicting it would be within 3 years and now, suddenly, because it didn't happen linearly (which it never, ever does), that timeframe is no longer valid. 

we're right on track here folks. the window is open. 

Feels like the players, coaches, and management are all on the same page which is one of the big reasons this team has been so successful this season. The only exception I see is Kuzy... they signed him to a pretty big extension based on one exceptional and fractured season, and now he doesn't really seem to be a fit for this roster. I hope the team either finds a way to have him play regularly, or get him moved to a team that wants him. It's becoming a bit of a distraction in an otherwise great season.

• Cheers 1