[GDT] Vancouver @ St. Louis - January 4th, 5pt/8et - Enterprise Center - St. Louis, Missouri.

Chickenspear

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The media here does this on purpose. They actually believe they're right and smart in doing so. It's the "David Pratt stir the pot playbook". You can even see some of these guys actually laughing at fans on the air and pretending to be on their side. Watch the last D&D interview with Pratt and the Drance interview that immediately followed. These guys are playing fans like flutes. 

The thing is ... the media in this town could get away with much of their negative schtick because the team was losing for years on end. The media could hide behind that because it made them appear to be right. Now that the team is winning, they're getting exposed because their negative schtick makes them look foolish.

heh, Mr Originality (if you know what I mean).🥸

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

3 years ago everyone here was predicting it would be within 3 years and now, suddenly, because it didn't happen linearly (which it never, ever does), that timeframe is no longer valid. 

we're right on track here folks. the window is open. 

I just remember defending JT back on the old site. In that thread, Old man Alf and I were saying....in the next 3 years with this core!

I dont remember having so much support at that time, but maybe i was busy agruing the value of my boy Miller.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

have to go with the Tocc plan on that one. I really don't think its a personality thing. 

Are you trying to suggest that an NHL coach knows more than me?

That really gets me right in my superiority complex. 

You're so mean.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

True. I think most aren't used to a coach being able to scratch a "top 6" forward and still be a winning team. Tocchet, Foote, Gonchar, Yeo, Sedin and Sedin are a solid staff who have an enormous amount of knowledge. Folks have every right to question their motives, but these same folks also don't have anywhere near the insight into the mechanics of this team that the staff does. 

A voice of reason  -  thank you !

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I just remember defending JT back on the old site. In that thread, Old man Alf and I were saying....in the next 3 years with this core!

I dont remember having so much support at that time, but maybe i was busy agruing the value of my boy Miller.

I'm thinking more around the time of the bubble and not the dark times after, but yeah. 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Are you trying to suggest that an NHL coach knows more than me?

That really gets my right in my superiority complex. 

You're so mean.

I am a big meanie. I'll even tell you that your mom wears army boots. Well not you in person, because you'd kill me. But you get the picture. 

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Actually exactly. Doomed is the right word. Doomed doesn't mean things are bad now, it speaks to a future state of failure. That's exactly what many of us are worried about. Tocchet did help the defence and penalty kill but we're dying on the pp and offence has trended down.

I want the best damn team out there for the big games or the playoffs. And that means we need pettey playing with another scorer either kuz or a traded player to replace him.

If tocchets plan is to check st louis to death then sit kuz, go defensive but it won't work against the better teams like nyr and the devils (on their day). 

I remember you blind believers laughing at me noting the pp trend in december and then we kept being cold on the pp and lost to the flyers.

We want to win but treating kuz like he's some 1st grader makes tocchet look like an inconsistent ass and some of these dead periods make me wonder if players are tuning him out. 

image.thumb.png.38af086ab21344c7b13a9b172f522543.png

• Cheers 1

Just now, tas said:

I'm thinking more around the time of the bubble and not the dark times after, but yeah. 

I dont know what is going on here but the sun is shining and you and I are almost being cordial. 

Thanks.

That's it, I'm gonna go clean my gutters. Been putting it off. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

Winning the division isn’t cherry picking. It’s a greater chance of home ice advantage (we have a better record at home than on the road). If the playoffs started today we would face Arizona. I like our chances against them than Vegas/Kings. 

Nashville, Arizona, Edmonton, Seattle, St. Louis, Calgary, Minnesota. I like our chances of making it past the first round playing any one of those 7 wild card teams compared to Vegas/LA. 

Remember the goal isn’t just to make the playoffs and get out in the first round. It’s to win the cup. I’d prefer the easiest path there. Remember the playoffs where we were too banged up to win against Boston? I do. 

I’d rather have Vegas/LA play each other and bang each other up. It’s a 2 headed dragon, I’d rather face one after the others heads been cut.

Exactly! Last year Vegas had 

-Jets

-Oilers

-Stars

Florida had

-Bruins

-Leafs

-Hurricanes

Although there are no easy match ups in the playoffs, its hard to argue that that the Panthers didn't have a much harder road. It showed in the finals as a healthier more rested Knights team rolled over them most games. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The media here does this on purpose. They actually believe they're right and smart in doing so. It's the "David Pratt stir the pot playbook". You can even see some of these guys actually laughing at fans on the air and pretending to be on their side. Watch the last D&D interview with Pratt and the Drance interview that immediately followed. These guys are playing fans like flutes. 

The thing is ... the media in this town could get away with much of their negative schtick because the team was losing for years on end. The media could hide behind that because it made them appear to be right. Now that the team is winning, they're getting exposed because their negative schtick makes them look foolish.

Anybody who knows anything about marketing and "positioning" yourself/business/product/service... knows "Trance's" delivery is intentional. 

It's all about creating a persona based on controversy. 

The only problem with him is... he's absolutely pathetic... at it. 

Howard Stern, on the other hand, has elevated his career because of it. 

Having said that, like you said... because the team isn't playing into his hands, he's completely dumbfounded, (which isn't much different than who he really is) and is in unchartered territory, not knowing where or how to spew his negative schtick. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

god i hate this 'X' shit.

Can you folks post what you want without us having to click to X?

Try it pal / I don't like it anymore then you. Find a way to get rid of it without losing any of the contend, and I'll use those...

Edited by Rip The Mesh

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Anybody who knows anything about marketing and "positioning" yourself/business/product/service... knows "Trance's" delivery is intentional. 

It's all about creating a persona based on controversy. 

The only problem with him is... he's absolutely pathetic... at it. 

Howard Stern, on the other hand, has elevated his career because of it. 

Having said that, like you said... because the team isn't playing into his hands, he's completely dumbfounded, (which isn't much different than who he really is) and is in unchartered territory, not knowing where or how to spew his negative schtick. 

Spot on ... people don't understand the persona thing. The thing is ... you either have it or you don't and his does come off forced. Joe Rogan did the same thing as Stern, using controversy/conspiracy to become mainstream.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Darius said:

When did these nerds come up with PDO as a "measure" of luck?  Drance seems to be pushing this, as well as other spreadsheet geeks on X/Twitter.  Its being used by some to diminish the Canucks' success this season.  "Yeah they are doing great, but they are lucky....." seems to be the line.  This crap is getting out of hand - I used to enjoy the games without all this riff-raff in the "hockey journalist" world condescendingly analyzing the game with seemingly endless statistics that undermine the human factors in the game.  Its as if the players are machines running on algorithms.  My cro-magnon brain tells me - hey we outscored the other guys ..Im happy.

PDO - shooting percentage combined with save percentage multiplied by 10.   So you are telling me if we took a few extra meaningless shots per game the team would be less lucky because shooting percentage would be altered?    Someone tell Juulsen (ranked 191/194) and Cole (131/194) for shots taken by D men with > 25 games played to take a few extra muffin shots per game to shut these fkn nerds up!

Weird.. didnt know PDO was a measure of luck…

sooo like VGK having the highest 5v5 PDO and top 5 PDO was luck all season last year? Its weird because pretty much every cup winner/contender appears to be in the top 5 for PDO every single season in all situations.

VGK last season was 1st in PDO at 5v5..top 5 in all situations…won a cup 

COL 5v5 and all situations..top 5 won a cup

FLA top 5… went to the finals and were contenders

BOS same story minus winning a round

TBL top 5 in PDO every season pretty much…. They won some cups didnt they??

Drance can fuck right off.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

And his aggressiveness. 

I think he's probably still single minded. Stuck always trying to figure out how to score a pretty goal while forgetting the staples, like get the puck in deep, forecheck, always protect your net, especially down low, chip the puck up ahead of you and always make sure you have more players on the d-side of the puck than the opposition. After that create offence from your turnovers and your passing staples. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont know what is going on here but the sun is shining and you and I are almost being cordial. 

Thanks.

That's it, I'm gonna go clean my gutters. Been putting it off. 

as caustic as I come across, believe me when I say it's by design. my goal is to have all of us on the same team, pulling the rope in the same direction, a team just as much as the one we all follow. 

• Cheers 1