[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

3 hours ago, canucks curse said:

if they go after geuntzel, they will re sign him, they will move out Milkeyev and let Lindholm walk most likely 

its going to be something like:

Milkeyev

2025 1st

Podkolzin

woo

or 

Milkeyev

2025 1st

Klimovich

Karlsson/Aman

woo 

Petey Miller Brock

Guentzel Lindholm Hogz

Joshua Bluegger Garland

Lafferty Suter Kessel 

Who's going to want to take Mik without a 1st going with him. Is management crazy? We already do not have a 2024 1st (Calgary's now); if we get Guentzel, then most certainly another 1st is out of the window, and most GM's are going to want something substantial to take on cap for Mik. Are we not going to have a 1st until 2027? That doesn't seem like a sustainable way to build a team into a perennial contender. 

On 2/29/2024 at 9:22 AM, Blitz-Pix said:

Guentzel is a better player than Toffoli in pretty much every way.

Except for perhaps the cost to acquire, fitting his cap hit in & if there's any linging issues with his injury.

You also don't know if he's gonna have any chemistry with certain players.

In a small sample size you know Toffoli has some chemistry with Petey.   

Yeah, with all these rumors about Guentzel, I'm not sure management is willing to part with more assets just for a rental. And if Guentzel's not a rental, how in the world are they going to fit him under the cap with so many UFA's that they're needing to resign in the off-season? This is wishful thinking. It's just not possible. Someone's gotta give. Lindholm? Then who slots back in 2C? Petey? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, with all these rumors about Guentzel, I'm not sure management is willing to part with more assets just for a rental. And if Guentzel's not a rental, how in the world are they going to fit him under the cap with so many UFA's that they're needing to resign in the off-season? This is wishful thinking. It's just not possible. Someone's gotta give. Lindholm? Then who slots back in 2C? Petey? 

You figure mik and garland would have to move to fit guentzel. Or perhaps move boeser in the off season after a resurgent year. Since boeser will need a contract after next season and I dunno if I’m willing to pay him 7.5-8 which he might be seeking. That would technically allow u to keep guentzel ep miller and lindholm. Garland might be moveable without a sweetener in the summer I still say we move him if we can love the way he plays but too much and requires certain style teammate to be effective and replace with one of the rookies on elc down in the ahl. 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Who's going to want to take Mik without a 1st going with him. Is management crazy? We already do not have a 2024 1st (Calgary's now); if we get Guentzel, then most certainly another 1st is out of the window, and most GM's are going to want something substantial to take on cap for Mik. Are we not going to have a 1st until 2027? That doesn't seem like a sustainable way to build a team into a perennial contender. 

Myers out week to week ahead of the TDL....Guentzel has the exact same cap hit...👀

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

According to Friedman the Pens prefer prospects over picks.

Obviously they’ll be asking for Lekkeramaki or Willander, I think we’d draw the line at Podkolzin or Raty and maybe someone like D-Petey.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Obviously they’ll be asking for Lekkeramaki or Willander, I think we’d draw the line at Podkolzin or Raty and maybe someone like D-Petey.

Podz just got the call up...

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Outsiders said:

Podz just got the call up...

Could be a coincidence but I wouldn’t be surprised if Pens scouts are at one of the next few games.

Edited by DeNiro

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Could be a coincidence but I wouldn’t be surprised if Pens scouts are at one of the next few games.

Do we have to send back equal cap tho? As I believe Myers will be back before playoffs?  Or they retain

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They can go blow goats...Guentzel, Tanev, Dhillon, can all be revisited in the offseason without decimating our prospect pool this TDL.

Don't have to give up any assests in the offseason. This TDL I hope we stick to depth players with a bit of size, speed, expierence & snarl. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Do we have to send back equal cap tho? As I believe Myers will be back before playoffs?  Or they retain

Retain or send Mikheyev the other way.

Dubas is very familiar with Mikheyev so it shouldn’t cost much extra.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

makes complete sense, Sid et al can't wait for a late 1st to develop. 

So Podz for sure would be someone they'd consider, but they'd have to also take one of Garland or Mik too. I could see them actually wanting Mik tbh. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Blitz-Pix said:

They can go blow goats...Guentzel, Lindholm, Tanev, Dhillon, can all be revisited in the offseason without decimating up our prospect pool this TDL.

Don't have to give up any assests in the offseason. This TDL I hope we stick to depth players with a bit of size, speed, expierence & snarl. 

You pay a premium in the offseason and have no guarantees.

If it’s a player that you think can help you win now and be part of the future you don’t wait. You get 5 extra months to negotiate a good deal.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

They can go blow goats...Guentzel, Lindholm, Tanev, Dhillon, can all be revisited in the offseason without decimating up our prospect pool this TDL.

You make the move for Guentzel at TDL because the guy is a playoff performer and would absolutely improve our chances for a deep run.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

You make the move for Guentzel at TDL because the guy is a playoff performer and would absolutely improve our chances for a deep run.

Yep.

If they think their window is the next 3-4 years then Guentzel is a guy that can be a part of that.

At this point it’s uncertain if Podz will have an impact at the next level or not. At the very least he’s likely a few years away.

Edited by DeNiro

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You pay a premium in the offseason and have no guarantees.

If it’s a player that you think can help you win now and be part of the future you don’t wait. You get 5 extra months to negotiate a good deal.

I get that but your gonna pay a premium either way...and one of them takes away your best cost controlled prospects.

I'm all for making a push for the playoffs but it should be with an eye on the future as well. Guentzel could turn around and walk in the off season. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

I get that but your gonna pay a premium either way...and one of them takes takes away your best cost controlled prospects.

I'm all for making a push for the playoffs but it should be with an eye on the future as well. Guentzel could turn around and walk in the off season. 

But they clearly don’t have an eye on the future. They believe they can win in the next 3-4 years.

Obviously it’s nice to have cost controlled prospects but there’s only so many roster spots available when you’re going for it. They’re not gonna wait around for prospects who may or may not help them.

I like Podz and I would like to see him stick around but if he’s the piece that gets us a legit scorer like Guentzel I don’t hesitate. I’m confident his relationship with JR and Allvin would allow a deal to get done.

• Like 1

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

I get that but your gonna pay a premium either way...and one of them takes takes away your best cost controlled prospects.

Just like Lindholm. Makes me nervous with VAN trading so much for a guy who could walk. Lindholm hasn't impressed yet, hope he can get his game going. How would Guentzel be without Crosby as his C? 

• Like 1

Just now, Nucker67 said:

Just like Lindholm. Makes me nervous with VAN trading so much for a guy who could walk. Lindholm hasn't impressed yet, hope he can get his game going. How would Guentzel be without Crosby as his C? 

We need a impact winger for Petey, we can’t keep cycling through bottom 6ers like we did with Horvat.

We either acquire one now and sign them at the deadline or pay even more in a bidding war in the summer.

9 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I get that but your gonna pay a premium either way...and one of them takes away your best cost controlled prospects.

I'm speculating here but I assume if we were to land Guentzel it would be with the intention to resign him making Lindholm a pure rental, I don't see how we would be able to keep both.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

But they clearly don’t have an eye on the future. They believe they can win in the next 3-4 years.

Obviously it’s nice to have cost controlled prospects but there’s only so many roster spots available when you’re going for it. They’re not gonna wait around for prospects who may or may not help them.

I like Podz and I would like to see him stick around but if he’s the piece that gets us a legit scorer like Guentzel I don’t hesitate. I’m confident his relationship with JR and Allvin would allow a deal to get done.

I like Guentzel and I completely understand where your coming from...I'm just not sure I agree (and that's OK) LOL

Podz may not even pan out as an NHLer, so proven talent for potential talent makes alot of sense. Just feel we need more prospects with potential so that we can hit on 1 or 2 of them. Realistically if the window is the next 1-4 years then we're gonna need a couple of Lekker, Podz, Willander and D-Petey to hit cause we're trading away all our 1st-3rd rounders so the pipeline is gonna be bare for cost controlled prospects IMO.

I suppose if Ilya Mik was going the other way it could free up some $$$ to resign Guentzel, but I'd feel much better if I knew he was going to resign. 

My only caveat is just cause he has chemistry with Crosby doesn't mean he will have it with our players. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

I'm speculating here but I assume if we were to land Guentzel it would be with the intention to resign him making Lindholm a pure rental, I don't see how we would be able to keep both.

We wouldn't be able to sign both IMO...not really sure I'd want to resign Lindholm at this point (based on production so far)

12 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

We wouldn't be able to sign both IMO...not really sure I'd want to resign Lindholm at this point (based on production so far)

I would like to keep Lindholm as it takes some of the defensive pressure off JT and allows him to be deployed more offensively, all depends on the ask from Lindys camp I certainly wouldn't sign him to the 9x8 Calgary reportedly offered.

7 minutes ago, Devron said:

Man. I hoping we already made our moves, maybe a hard nosed cheap forward. I see a way bigger picture then this year 

I like the idea of a Duhaime and Greenway.  Two guys that can crash and bang might help open the ice up a bit for their linemates. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1