[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

21 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I hear ya.  I just think that we’ve reached the pinnacle of chemistry and buy in amongst this core/roster and with our key players playing at level or above, there is no better time. Again, we’re amongst the top NHL (regular season) clubs…the only way to know what you have in post is to ensure the team is best equipped now going in.

and for the record, I’m not pro trading fro Guentzel. I also think there are value adds elsewhere that can be had for less of a cost. Eg. Greenway, Toffoli (if available, and Borgen. Something along those lines provides more stability in a playoff run than a single sniper, imho. 

Whatever the team decides to do, will be viewed by the fanbase as wrong....UNLESS they win the Cup,    

If you push all your chips in and fail,  then you've sacrificed the future and depth. 

If you do nothing, or aquire depth pieces and fail,  then you won't have done enough. 

Those aren't the only 2 respones but that will be what the headlines and media will focus on. IMO 

Hard situation to be in...but that's why they're paid the big bucks... and we get to be armchair GM's. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Whatever the team decides to do, will be viewed by the fanbase as wrong....UNLESS they win the Cup,    

If you push all your chips in and fail,  then you've sacrificed future and depth. 

If you do nothing, or aquire depth pieces and fail,  then you won't have done enough. 

Those aren't the only 2 respones but that will be what the headlines and media will focus on. IMO 

Hard situation to be in...but that's why they're paid the big bucks... we get to be armchair GM's. 

Very true.  I'm of the mindset that if you don't try your hardest, and you fail, you'll always look back and wonder "what if".... at least if you gave it your all and fail, you simply weren't good enough.  Try again next year.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Very true.  I'm of the mindset that if you don't try your hardest, and you fail, you'll always look back and wonder "what if".... at least if you gave it your all and fail, you simply weren't good enough.  Try again next year.

I'm with ya...but that can be true in both senario's 

I'm just looking forward to playoff hockey, whichever senario plays out.  

21 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

The graph on the right will indeed show he is snakebitten.

image.png.94255b1189bbe679fc7c3e8d681ee629.png

Obviously compared to last season he's not scoring as much but game in game out he puts in a very solid defensive effort.  Not sure if that's enough for top six minutes, but anyone who thinks he's a trash player is just an idiot.  His card last year:

image.png.917f693b8847451015b04225444a603c.png

*Also with the context of coming off knee surgery that takes the better part of a year to fully recover from and that for large parts of this year he was playing the ghost of Kuzmenko.

It's not surprising that given those realities, he's struggled a bit offensively. And even in what I'm sure he'd agree is a down year, he's still putting up "ok" mid 6 numbers while being VERY reliable defensively. Certainly not "trash", and highly likely to rebound later this year/next season.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

*Also with the context of coming off knee surgery that takes the better part of a year to fully recover from and that for large parts of this year he was playing the ghost of Kuzmenko.

It's not surprising that given those realities, he's struggled a bit offensively. And even in what I'm sure he'd agree is a down year, he's still putting up "ok" mid 6 numbers while being VERY reliable defensively. Certainly not "trash", and highly likely to rebound later this year/next season.

He has struggled with his hands and his foot speed.  Positionally, Miheyev's great offensively.  There's a reason fans notice him all game long.  Because he's getting good looks all game long due to his off-puck positioning.  He knows exactly where to be and sometimes he can even generate chances all by himself.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

He might come in on a league minimum contract. Would be welcome. 

I understand all that just my post was about people trading for Genz but not adding Kessel to their roster.

So my question was did we add him in the trade????

5 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I understand all that just my post was about people trading for Genz but not adding Kessel to their roster.

So my question was did we add him in the trade????

I forgot all about Kessel.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I forgot all about Kessel.

If we add Guentzel, I have no idea where Kessel fits in??  4th line duties I guess? 

Hoglander-Petey-Lindholm

Guentzel-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Lafferty-Suter-Kessel ?

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

Im guessing it Milkeyev + Podz + Aman 

Milky to balance cap and like Kuzmenko we get flexibility, Milky is also not old and can play 

Podz and Aman can play now easily in bottom 6 and have up side

I rather not move podz but I like Bains in Van he seems to be  a quick learner, podz has had a bad concussion but does look good, I think Raty has upside too but is young, would prefer to move Karlsson, Aman, Klimo over podz, Raty, Bains but we will see.... also maybe move on from Mcward or hirose ?

Lol.  Pens don't do that trade.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Fans need to get cheater signs and plaster them around the arena during playoffs, it’s actually unbelievable this hasn’t been looked at yet, we should just keep Myers on ltir and dress him game 1 of playoffs 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

Dunno why Guentzel is the main target,Vatrano seems a better get with 1 year on his contract.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Ducks probably don’t wanna trade him.

Would likely cost just as much as Guentzel if not more.

Rags are in on Vatrano too, he won't be cheap if he's available

What prospect do Vegas have to offer if Pens doesn't want picks?

And yes how convenient for them to have 7.3M of cap to work with now so they don't have to pay more to retain salary or move a roster player. I know they can't stipulate a cap for playoffs, but players on LTIR shouldn't be allowed to return to playoffs without some sort of consequences...like maybe they can't dress the returning LTIR player and the acquired player using the LTIR in the same playoff game or something. Won't happen but it's annoying the same team keeps doing this. 

I like Toffoli over Guentzel, he would be cheaper and the players have history with him.  But what do the Devils want what the Canucks have?  Allvin doesn't want to trade Willander or Lekkerimäki but can the Canucks trade say a Myers for a late 1st rounder or 2nd rounder to then use that pick and get Toffoli.  Similar to how the Canucks got Hronek.  They didn't have the assets to get Hronek, they had to trade to get the assets Detroit wanted.  With Petey signed it will give Allvin something to sell trade deadline acquisitions and enough time to work his magic.   I know the Canucks were thin on the right side but with the emergence of Juulsen and Zadorov able to play on the right side, and Friedman the Canucks would be ok and would have enough cap space to shore up any RHD deficiencies. 

Edited by Pure961089
  • Like 1
  • Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I like Toffoli over Guentzel, he would be cheaper and the players have history with him.  But what do the flames want what the Canucks have?  Allvin doesn't want to trade Willander or Lekkerimäki but can the Canucks trade say a Myers for a late 1st rounder or 2nd rounder to then use that pick and get Toffoli.  Similar to how the Canucks got Hronek.  They didn't have the assets to get Hronek, they had to trade to get the assets Detroit wanted.  With Petey signed it will give Allvin something to sell trade deadline acquisitions and enough time to work his magic.   I know the Canucks were thin on the right side but with the emergence of Juulsen and Zadorov can play on the right side. 

Flames?  What do they have to do with Toffoli?

3 minutes ago, Wing said:

What prospect do Vegas have to offer if Pens doesn't want picks?

And yes how convenient for them to have 7.3M of cap to work with now so they don't have to pay more to retain salary or move a roster player. I know they can't stipulate a cap for playoffs, but players on LTIR shouldn't be allowed to return to playoffs without some sort of consequences...like maybe they can't dress the returning LTIR player and the acquired player using the LTIR in the same playoff game or something. Won't happen but it's annoying the same team keeps doing this. 

Their prospect pool is very weak, Cormier and dorofeiyev/brisson (imo their best package option) would be similar to a raty/baines woo package imo